• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

What's this?
Kitty Flannigan dropped the "Santa's not real" bomb on The Project while discussing those "scientists figure out Santa" stories that pop up this time of year. Parents were furious and they had to apologise AND stage a cross-correspondence with the North Pole.

hidys

Kitty Flannigan dropped the "Santa's not real" bomb on The Project while discussing those "scientists figure out Santa" stories that pop up this time of year. Parents were furious and they had to apologise AND stage a cross-correspondence with the North Pole.

LOL. Jesus Christ I can't believe this.

How can anybody possibly argue that Santa ISN'T real? I mean hello they interviewed him at the North pole.

I mean if Santa isn't real then where do eggs come from?

Fredescu

That reminds me of that broken Nintendo developed game they released.

There was a Pokemon game that deleted every other save game on your DS. Also Twilight Princess and Other M had game breaking bugs where if you saved in the wrong place you couldn't progress.

Fogz

There was a Pokemon game that deleted every other save game on your DS. Also Twilight Princess and Other M had game breaking bugs where if you saved in the wrong place you couldn't progress.

Smash Bros has a bug that bricks Wii U's. I don't think Nintendo has fixed it yet either.

Shaneus

I don't believe this shit... Eurogamer (who used to do excellent reviews of driving games) gave The Crew 8/10 while Driveclub was 6/10. Shit, DC even got lumped with this:
8rq0a07.png

While I found this blurb on The Crew:
For £19.99/$24.99, players will receive access to two exclusive cars at launch next month, and one week's early access to four car packs, each of which will also be available individually for £5.49/$6.99.

The release of each content pack will be accompanied by new missions corresponding with the DLC's theme, available to all players free of charge. Customisation options including paint jobs, rims, interiors and tuning specs will also be released on in-game stores.
Eurogamer have gone to complete shit now.

Gazunta

Seems weird that the people making the Mad Max movie didn't use the video game studio they spent a fortune buying to make a Mad Max game. OH WELL WHAT DO I KNOW EH!

I made a new comic about the really awesome Super Nintendo game Pocky And Rocky, please be reading it:

And here is a video of it being drawn just in case that floats your boat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-TCTh-i5jc

Stackboy

Anyone on Optus cable broadband? They have a deal at the moment that I'm keen to get in on. $90 a month for unlimited data and fetch tv included. Worth it? Keen to get off Telstra. Use to be on iinet and never got close to my 200gig cap, thanks to unmetered goodness. Got to 195 gig yesterday, we roll over today.

senahorse

I wish I could move off Telstra cable, no Optus here and ADSL line length is a bit on the long side at around 3.5km. 500GB Ulitmate cable for $113 a month isn't terrible but I feel like I am paying the devil each time my Telstra bill is paid. In other news my Telstra phone contract is up for renewal...so I am promptly cancelling the service and porting to Optus prepaid.

I wish I could move off Telstra cable, no Optus here and ADSL line length is a bit on the long side at around 3.5km. 500GB Ulitmate cable for $113 a month isn't terrible but I feel like I am paying the devil each time my Telstra bill is paid. In other news my Telstra phone contract is up for renewal...so I am promptly cancelling the service and porting to Optus prepaid.

yes, it totally sucks when the best available ISP is the worst available company. Internode and NBN (even the cut-down version) would b my dream team

Seems weird that the people making the Mad Max movie didn't use the video game studio they spent a fortune buying to make a Mad Max game. OH WELL WHAT DO I KNOW EH!

anything I post about KMM will just be salt

New Mad Max trailer looking good, I have high hopes for this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gs4Vpuvio

what the heck, Fuck George Miller.

senahorse

*shrug* I think it looks fun, sequels made to old beloved films rarely live up to them. I will just treat this as a spin off.

Fresh Brisbane storm incoming:

Everyone is storm crazy these days! The BOM site has already been updated, and that middle storm that looked like it was going to hit the city has disappeared.

I would say 8/10 times storms will veer up or down the coast and not really hit the city. That one from a couple of weeks back was a real anomaly. I wouldn't expect another storm nearly that savage for the rest of the Summer.

senahorse

Was just passing the info along, if only predictions worked strictly off probability, then we wouldn't have to guess :). P.S. that middle storm that 'disappeared' is actually going over my house at the moment, getting smashed with wind and rain.

It's not going to last long though, at least our freshly planted bamboo is getting a good drink and the pool a much needed top up.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
If the storms are over 60kmph they'll be strong enough to knock your out door settings over, and ensure your scooby doo toys fly away.

Worst storm in 15 years or something wasn't it? You wouldn't normally expect more than one of those in a year.

It's been very stormy all around this year, moreso than usual.

Worst storm in 29 years apparently but global warming etc etc.

Back in the 90's for a few years Summer = storms basically every afternoon so it's nothing too unusual. But then again, the forecast is for more extreme weather thanks to Gods wrath or whatever.

Dimefan3

I'm pretty sure she isn't the first person to do that on TV.

On a lighter note, I forgot to share the good news - I've got a new job in Melbourne! Can't wait to finally be able to see my friends and family in Victoria without having to drive 12 hours for the occasion. :)

(And PAX will be cheaper for me next year too.)

Worst storm in 29 years apparently but global warming etc etc.

Back in the 90's for a few years Summer = storms basically every afternoon so it's nothing too unusual. But then again, the forecast is for more extreme weather thanks to Gods wrath or whatever.

29 years? sounds like the storm in 1985 where we got stuck in Las Vegas (an arcade that used to be on Albert Street down from where Borders was (or the Forum cinemas). Las Vegas was one of the few big arcades in 1985 to still have games for 20 cents but didn't have the latest stuff like Playtime/Timezone up near the mall, where we normally spend out cash. "This isn't a bad place to wait out the storm." Then water starting streaming down the pillars inside and the staff were running around frantically pulling out the plugs to turn off the machines.

so yeah, bad storms are nothing remotely new in Brisbane. It's just some years when you get clustered storms- "oh noes, end of days."

Stackboy

How reliable are the cheaper tv brands? I'm pretty happy with my 5 year old Samsung tv, but I'm just curious.

I currently have 4 HDMI inputs all in use. Not sure if I could deal with much less.

radaxian

How reliable are the cheaper tv brands? I'm pretty happy with my 5 year old Samsung tv, but I'm just curious.

I currently have 4 HDMI inputs all in use. Not sure if I could deal with much less.

Same. I had to boot the Wii U to component. In theory I could pass Foxtel through the XBone but it's a complete pain in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom