• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ausgaf is dead today so I will lob in a hand grenade.

At the halfway mark, I realised Sunset Overdrive was Crackdown in a Tony Hawk T-shirt.

Gazunta

Ausgaf is dead today so I will lob in a hand grenade.

At the halfway mark, I realised Sunset Overdrive was Crackdown in a Tony Hawk T-shirt.
CRACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Superman song on the Sunset soundtrack coz that's real Tony Hawk there.

JB Hi Fi have 10% off all Apple computers today and Harvey Norman pricematch. In completely unrelated news I either bought the wife the best Xmas present ever or the worst, STAY TUNED AUSGAF.

trinest

CRACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Superman song on the Sunset soundtrack coz that's real Tony Hawk there.

JB Hi Fi have 10% off all Apple computers today and Harvey Norman pricematch. In completely unrelated news I either bought the wife the best Xmas present ever or the worst, STAY TUNED AUSGAF.

Sunset Overdrive is easily the best Xbox One game so far.

Hopefully you bought her a Surface Pro 3 on sale at JB and it will be the best :p

Gazunta

I did spend an inordinate amount of time talking to the Surface Pro sales rep there about how awesome the 3 is. The SP3 has sold 150% of initial projections in Australia so far apparently, so things are looking good for a SP4 one day :)

Shaneus

In completely unrelated news I either bought the wife the best Xmas present ever or the worst, STAY TUNED AUSGAF.
3wM6Z6z.png

markot

Banned
Will sony even be in business this time next year? I mean. Sure if you want to risk it. No harm in living dangerously.

radaxian

Hopefully this means there will be lots of copies of Drive Club floating around soon. I'm very interested after seeing that amazing weather update.

Quasar

So...I went to my local JB for the first time in ages. Rather surprised to see this hifi/entertainment chain now full of white goods and even things like bloody sodastreams (which i thought died off decades ago).

Shaneus

Is that a flag of some kind they're holding up? Jesus :/

Hopefully this means there will be lots of copies of Drive Club floating around soon. I'm very interested after seeing that amazing weather update.
Just buy the damn thing! Chances are those games are digital downloads and unlikely to be sold, and if they're physical likely to be kept once they see said weather update. I've owned the game since launch and even without the weather it's an amazing game.

Every day you don't own it is a day you don't get to experience it.

Agh. No, I am waiting until after Christmas. I am waiting until AFTER CHRISTMAS.

Do it!

That's LBP3 not LBP1.

yg_dsau_yg10068ldle_v0_4030.jpg

$399 for a PS4 with 3 of the best exclusives it has is insanely good. All 3 are fantastic games and covers a wide genre/age base.

Perfect time to jump in tbh!

If you took your deal octopus role more seriously we wouldn't be stuck with me posting incorrect info.

Hostage crisis at the Lindt café in Martin place?!? Apparently a gunman in there has all the customers up against the glass. :O

http://www.news.com.au/national/a-m...artin-place-cafe/story-fncynjr2-1227156241649

Hopefully it gets resolved peacefully. Though a cafe, seriously.

Shaneus

Media outlets, markot, etc. Channel 7 tweeted that it was confirmed to be an ISIS flag.
Apparently it's a basic statement of faith on a black flag, unknown for now the people/purpose behind it.
Ugh, fucking media :/

In other news (maybe?) my girlfriend said a friend of hers' workplace in Melbourne CBD has just gone into lockdown as well. But not sure where they work.

senahorse

There's no way this ends peacefully, that terrorist is dead. It would be great if they could capture them but I don't see him allowing it.

What I mean is, I hope this ends peacefully for the hostages, for the people holding them hostage, well, you reap what you sow.

Jambo, hopefully just a coincidence.

Dryk

That all said, as much as I think the scumfucks going to get his deathwish I'd really like to see him dragged in for questioning.

Jambo, hopefully just a coincidence.
Even if it is it's really unhelpful. Not only has it given them a huge platform it gives them way more information about the situation than they should have.

The location they picked has me worried (30m from Channel 7)...

That scared the fuck out of me too but the fact it's gone on so long is making me more hopeful it really was a coincidence and it was a botched attempt at a larger target. Would fucking suck if people lose their lives :(

Tommy DJ

MYEFO is predictably bad. It'll probably go completely under the radar though since everyone is going nuts over this hostage situation.

If only I was a crazy conspiracy theorist. As it is, it's just a bad situation all around...

Yeah I changed my response because its not particularly sane. Its bloody opportunistic to announce it right now and preface your announcements with "I'll only answer technical answers offline thanks" during this situation.

Jintor

MYEFO is predictably bad. Releasing this info while everyone is going nuts over a hostage situation is exactly what everyone probably expected from any political part with some pretty negative announcements.

If only I was a crazy conspiracy theorist. As it is, it's just a bad situation all around...

Christ. Being able to hold a place in your mind's eye is pretty bloody weird. Hope no one is harmed...

HowZatOZ

Banned
MYEFO is predictably bad. It'll probably go completely under the radar though since everyone is going nuts over this hostage situation.

Yeah I changed my response because its not particularly sane. Its bloody opportunistic to announce it right now and preface your announcements with "I'll only answer technical answers offline thanks" during this situation.

Its going to hurt so fucking hard to those barely getting by right now. Unemployment is going to rise and the government will do nothing about it while offering those nice fat tax cuts to the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom