• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Anyone else here excited by this? Tesla Powerwall
(There's somewhat of an OT about it here)

I'm of the mind that as far as creative mediums go, games have more in common with art installations and exhibits than film. Games can certainly learn from film, but I think when it comes to storytelling, the medium has to use its own strengths (interactivity, exploration, experimentation, manipulation) rather than another medium's (framing, pacing, time compression).
Don't forget the Power Glove. Movies don't have the Power Glove.

Yup. Very interesting.
Given it's active now, I'm curious to see what sort of speeds I'll get when I get home tonight. I need to clarify something though: if I just set it up on my PC, my PC won't be able to access any other networked devices, correct? But if I find a way to set it up on my router (which I think it can do, it uses DD-WRT) all devices can still see each other, but they're all going through the VPN?

I'm of the mind that as far as creative mediums go, games have more in common with art installations and exhibits than film. Games can certainly learn from film, but I think when it comes to storytelling, the medium has to use its own strengths (interactivity, exploration, experimentation, manipulation) rather than another medium's (framing, pacing, time compression).

A good point. It's media.

Crackdown?

I have cracked down all right, cracked down on people using mediums as a plural of medium instead of media. TV is a medium. TV, Film, books and newspapers are media.

Scary games are way scarier than scary movies too.

Not as scary as poor grammar. I nearly shit my pants when reading GAF.

In other news, I discovered I am a pedantic twat who stares out the window with tears in his eyes.

Mel Smith and Rowan Atkinson put it into perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTv5ckMe_2M

Cerity

It certainly is wet.

just a bit.

EF3vJuR.png

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm watching this A-League game right now.

It seems on-par with the quality of football in Scotland.

senahorse

20024_867772709979431_2403223163926576351_n.jpg

edit:

A wee bit of rain in Brisbane = great dirt bike riding in the forest, but it wasn't to be, normally:

googlemap_zpsuhdp2pja.png~original

today:

gm_zpsamm4jcoq.jpg~original

last_zpsk6xpilbq.jpg~original

Now I am not afraid of creek crossings on the bike, but that it just crazy

edit2: Aussie Priorities:

11169666_10153148572427702_316215510857066527_o.jpg

Anyone here picking up Project Cars on the PS4 this week? Seen any good deals? The best I've seen is $79 at JB Hifi but was hoping to find it about $10 cheaper.

Anyone here picking up Project Cars on the PS4 this week? Seen any good deals? The best I've seen is $79 at JB Hifi but was hoping to find it about $10 cheaper.

Target & Big W usually have the best prices. Catalogues should be out Tuesday night, I'll post in here the prices.
I still haven't finished Driveclub so I'm giving it a miss lol

Yo, anyone want free steamkeys for The Journey Down: Chapter One and/or Runaway, A Road Adventure?

YES IM BUYING STEAMKEY BUNDLES AGAIN, WHAT ABOUT IT, DONT JUDGE ME <_>

Manax

Just got re ranked in CS GO, they made me nova master (4 star) I was a nova 1 at best before I de-ranked due to inactivity.

I'm gonna get ruined.

Omikron

Just got re ranked in CS GO, they made me nova master (4 star) I was a nova 1 at best before I de-ranked due to inactivity.

I'm gonna get ruined.

Nah, all of us have moved upwards because of lots of banwaves that have been happening. We range from nova 2/3 -> MG2 on the higher end.

We all drag Hamchan down to our level though.

as each day passes I remain convinced the only way to enjoy media based on comics is to never have read the comics.

I'm gonna see AoU again this week, is there an Imax version anywhere in Brisbane? Does Southbank still show movies in imax?

radaxian

Target & Big W usually have the best prices. Catalogues should be out Tuesday night, I'll post in here the prices.
I still haven't finished Driveclub so I'm giving it a miss lol

I keep dipping back into Driveclub and have played 15-20 hours but the handling model still isn't clicking with me. I went back to Forza 4 for comparison and instantly the cars felt so much more weighty and real to me. It might just be what I'm used to but I find the handling in both Forza and Gran Turismo games much more convincing.

hamchan

Most hype boxing match being boring reaffirmed my belief that scripted fighting in wrestling is more entertaining than real fighting.

Most hype boxing match being boring reaffirmed my belief that scripted fighting in wrestling is more entertaining than real fighting.

Yeah sounds like the fight went as I expected. Opposite of entertaining.

Going to spend my evening rewatching Lucha Underground I think. That shit meets the hype and then some. This weeks episode was interesting SPOILER
poor Drago, I loved watching you in the ring dude :(

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Time to watch Wellington vs. Melbourne.

It's nice watching football on a semi-regular basis again.

Edit: Oh wait, this isn't live? I wonder why every second TV channel here is playing the exact same thing.

Frawdder

Spurs look like shit. We don't want to win it at this point >_<
What even was that last play? They had one second on the clock which is enough for at least one dribble and a shot, instead they go for some high risk alley-oop that hardly ever works.

Gutted, but that will probably be the best series of the whole playoffs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Weighed in this morning at 88kg. Fluctuates between that and 90kg, but yeah. Stoked. Was originally 107 - 109kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom