• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Well despite not liking Avengers and much of the current live action supers glut I went and saw Age of Ultron anyway.

Liked it marginally more than the original, but still disliked quite a lot of it. Overall I guess I'd given it a 2.5 on the Netflix scale (with the original getting a 2 from me).

Guess my total burnout on supers is not over. I thought after kind of enjoying Winter Soldier and Thor 2 on netflix that might finally be over. Guess not.

Gazunta

Guacamelee's been taken by that dastardly Bernbaum who, reports indicate, is now capable of turning into Super Sonic at any time.

Also, looks like my N3DS XL suffered a major blow from the storms on Friday night. It was acting weird on the bus ride home, and all weekend wouldn't turn back on. Now it just shuts off as soon as I unplug the power. God damn it :/

A CERTAIN REPTILE has made me buy more games I will never play.

But I got it because I needed a DIVEKICK key ><

Anyway! I have some spare Steam keys, LMK if you want one!

Monaco
Speedrunners
Steamworld Dig (I have this on 3DS, it's neat)
Guacamelee Super Turbo Edition

and most importantly

GIANA SISTERS TWISTED DREAMS AKA THE GAME THAT WOULD BE THE MOST POPULAR GAME IN THE WORLD IF I WAS IN CHARGE

I'll grab steamworld if it hasn't been taken.

Card Boy

Banned
Just watched Riddick. Not bad, first 45minutes where boring but then it literally turned into Pitch Black :)

Love this franchise hope they keep on expanding it. So much lore and backstory in the Riddick universe.

Well despite not liking Avengers and much of the current live action supers glut I went and saw Age of Ultron anyway.

Liked it marginally more than the original, but still disliked quite a lot of it. Overall I guess I'd given it a 2.5 on the Netflix scale (with the original getting a 2 from me).

Guess my total burnout on supers is not over. I thought after kind of enjoying Winter Soldier and Thor 2 on netflix that might finally be over. Guess not.

to be fair the avengers franchise is a huge snorefest.

Bernbaum

Guacamelee's been taken by that dastardly Bernbaum who, reports indicate, is now capable of turning into Super Sonic at any time.

kxPqlZ6.jpg

spoiled kids and your AoU meh-ness. I've been trying to get through whatever superhero movies I haven't seen a second time since I first saw them (ie- the shitty ones) and have been trying to get through Ang Lee's Hulk (2003) on Netflix. Fucking hell, it's well made but still totally awful. And dull. Even Eric Bana is dull. And Jennifer Connelly is smoking. And every fucking camera change is accompanied by fancy transition effect. The only movie I've seen more distracting in that way is More American Graffiti.

Once I finish Hulk, I see they have Affleck Daredevil. Ugh. And I have the Norton Hulk on Bluray somewhere. Ugh, ugh.

Fuck it, I should just skip these and just pop on a Supes film with Christopher Reeve.

Roulette

Couldn't see deals octopus mention earlier, but I picked up preowned Driveclub for $18 from EB yesterday. Played some of the events last night waiting for the 9gb update to download. Seems ok to me.

Why would you put yourself through that shitiness?

I hate life and everything in it.

OR

I haven't seen these in a while- how bad can they be?
LACTATING TITS OF JESUS!

I also want to watch the Burton Batmans again for the first time in, ages. To this fay I have only seen Batman Returns once (same with the Val Kilmer one, I never saw the Clooney one, and I don't intend to watch either of those).

Dryk

I liked Age of Ultron but there's definitely things I'd want to fix in it. I really hope the 3.5 hour cut sees the light of day at some point.

just waiting for the real winners.

black panther and ant man.

the two best members of the avengers.
Unless Ant-Man gets a prequel in Phase 4 keep waiting :p

Why would you put yourself through that shitiness?
And Jennifer Connelly is smoking.
This is the answer

jambo

Just watched Riddick. Not bad, first 45minutes where boring but then it literally turned into Pitch Black :)

Love this franchise hope they keep on expanding it. So much lore and backstory in the Riddick universe.

I still need to see the 3rd one. I was really hoping they'd build on the second film as I really enjoyed it.

This is the answer

Just fucking Google "Jennifer Connelly smoking hot"

Actually if you're at work, maybe don't do that.

Dryk

Alternatively watch any of the billions of Youtube videos about Ang Lee's Hulk that have popped up over the last few weeks for reasons I don't understand

Bishop89

I guess this would count as the wii u's first official price cut. $359 for splatoon bundle coming out end of month. Saw it on JB website

I guess this would count as the wii u's first official price cut. $359 for splatoon bundle coming out end of month. Saw it on JB website

An absolute joke of a price, to be honest. Given the kind of deals you can get for XB1/PS4 a base Wii U should be $250 max.

Alternatively watch any of the billions of Youtube videos about Ang Lee's Hulk that have popped up over the last few weeks for reasons I don't understand

Google metrics have them popping up for you most likely.

I also want to watch the Burton Batmans again for the first time in, ages. To this fay I have only seen Batman Returns once (same with the Val Kilmer one, I never saw the Clooney one, and I don't intend to watch either of those).
The Burton ones are quite interesting to watch due to his style. Not great movies but very interesting all the same.

The Kilmer one is in a weird spot. It's a terrible movie with some really odd design choices in terms of sets and props. Smoke machines galore. Really fucking weird but not in a good way.

Clooney one is terrible. Arnie is actually quite entertaining but the rest of the movie is soooooo bad it cannot be so bad it's good.

Couldn't see deals octopus mention earlier, but I picked up preowned Driveclub for $18 from EB yesterday. Played some of the events last night waiting for the 9gb update to download. Seems ok to me.

Tis a great game! You can grab new copies for $30 since before Christmas, same with LBP3. Both are great box tickers on the required genre games checklist.

Kritz

Banned
after watching avengers 2 and captain america 2, I can't pretend to give a shit about any of these superhero movies. I can't do it anymore.

just make more movies with melancholy bill murray, that's all I ask

I was 2/3 feet from being hit by a metal pole holding up a bus stop sign when a bus hit it this morning.

Buses have amazing stories attached, the previous time I was on a bus (last week), the driver pulled over on the hume highway, got out and started urinating next to the bus. I was the only passenger and I don't know if he knew I was there at first. Of course I pretended to not notice.

What will this bus ride bring?

after watching avengers 2 and captain america 2, I can't pretend to give a shit about any of these superhero movies. I can't do it anymore.

just make more movies with melancholy bill murray, that's all I ask

He's pretty great in St. Vincent if you haven't already seen it Kritz.

I don't know a lot about internet speed things so I'll put this here possibly for help.

Optus seems to have mislead me about the maximum download speed when I asked when signing up to a 24 month contract, they said the maximum would be 30 Mbps and that the maximum I had before is 20 Mbps. But this was for ADSL2+, which from what I read appears to not be a possible maximum speed. Cable doesn't appear to be offered here.

The speed went down from around 5 to 8 Mbps to 1.5 to 3 Mbps in the last few days since changing the plan. The upload speed went from 0.5 Mbps to 1.50 though.

I just had one of those annoying phone calls you get these days, always during dinner, where some fool calls you up asking you for a computer password.

I always get angry and end up hanging on them and yelling at them
,"Mum, it's written on the post-it note stuck to the lid of your laptop!"

Cerity

I don't know a lot about internet speed things so I'll put this here possibly for help.

Optus seems to have mislead me about the maximum download speed when I asked when signing up to a 24 month contract, they said the maximum would be 30 Mbps and that the maximum I had before is 20 Mbps. But this was for ADSL2+, which from what I read appears to not be a possible maximum speed. Cable doesn't appear to be offered here.

The speed went down from around 5 to 8 Mbps to 1.5 to 3 Mbps in the last few days since changing the plan. The upload speed went from 0.5 Mbps to 1.50 though.

Maximum theoretical for ADSL2+ is about 24Mbps but that is theoretical, so whoever told you 30Mbps was lying.

ISP's usually have a few profiles they run your line at, it's usually a speed vs stability deal so you could try calling them up and getting them to change that. If you don't want to call, head over to whingepool and see if you can't see one of the reps to sort you out.

Maximum theoretical for ADSL2+ is about 24Mbps but that is theoretical, so whoever told you 30Mbps was lying.

ISP's usually have a few profiles they run your line at, it's usually a speed vs stability deal so you could try calling them up and getting them to change that. If you don't want to call, head over to whingepool and see if you can't see one of the reps to sort you out.
Thank you.
Yeah, the 24 Mbps maximum is what I saw, 30 Mbps is a cable speed they offer so they seem to have been thinking it was cable. I didn't know about the profiles, so I'll call them tomorrow.

Dryk

I was 2/3 feet from being hit by a metal pole holding up a bus stop sign when a bus hit it this morning.

Buses have amazing stories attached, the previous time I was on a bus (last week), the driver pulled over on the hume highway, got out and started urinating next to the bus. I was the only passenger and I don't know if he knew I was there at first. Of course I pretended to not notice.

What will this bus ride bring?
The other week there was a work van parked up the road from the bus-stop and they had cones up in the middle of the road. The bus driver tried his hardest to maneuver around them but ended up running over the cone. The flange at the bottom ended up snagging on the bus and he dragged it up to the bus-stop where I got on. Unfortunately the bus's rear window was covered so I'm not sure how much further the cone stayed under the bus.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Going from Gold Coast, to Caloundra, and now to the dizzying heights of Caboolture is quite something. I finally feel like I'm getting the real, undiluted, "no-one needs to worry about looking bad for tourists here" unfiltered version of Australia. And it's quite something.

I just had one of those annoying phone calls you get these days, always during dinner, where some fool calls you up asking you for a computer password.

I always get angry and end up hanging on them and yelling at them
,"Mum, it's written on the post-it note stuck to the lid of your laptop!"

I set the password to my parents' laptop to be the same as their post code. The post code of the same house they've been living in since 1992. They still forget it.

I was pretty high on Broken Age until like, 60% of the way through. Such a slog with no reward after that. All the cute/interesting was over and done with by then.

Also dat telepathy yo.

Would love to see them evaluate the first half and design a full game off that rather than 2 very separate feeling entries.

Playing Grim Fandango again this year probably didn't help though, that game has such a great build and payoff throughout. Gets better as you go along!

VO in Broken Age was sublime. Shay was eh but the rest was great, especially Vella and the incidental female characters. The girls were all delightful! Great dialogue but nothing funny, just cute. Can't recall laughing.

Art fluctuated between (usually) great and sometimes really messy/yuck due to the static nature of the backgrounds and moving/zooming camera. Character models were great, animation mostly good once you get used to it.

They had some great area's too. A certain tree was an instant classic. Not much incidental depth to them though, fairly bare.
Cutlery was awesome though!

Jintor

The World's End is easily the weakest movie in the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy. It's still exceptionally well-made but.

The World's End is easily the weakest movie in the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy. It's still exceptionally well-made but.

I've seen it 3 times now in an effort to like it but I still haven't come around to it.
Whereas I think Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies ever created. An absolute piece of art. Sublime parody homage before culminating into the most elaborate execution there is.

Jintor

yeah now watching hot fuzz with director's commentary

so many montages!

/edit so I knew
the plaque Angel looks at at the beginning names every one of the culprits, but I just realised that when Angel runs into town he runs into half the members of the conspiracy

Dryk

Watching Hot Fuzz is like watching an interesting seminar about film. Then when you get up to leave you notice that they've built a domino show around you in the shape of an explosion without you realising it. Then the presenter dives of the podium and set it off with a gun in mid-air.

Bernbaum

Going from Gold Coast, to Caloundra, and now to the dizzying heights of Caboolture is quite something. I finally feel like I'm getting the real, undiluted, "no-one needs to worry about looking bad for tourists here" unfiltered version of Australia. And it's quite something.

You can cuddle a koala and get a teenager pregnant.

Bucket list: TICK!

yeah now watching hot fuzz with director's commentary

/edit so I knew
the plaque Angel looks at at the beginning names every one of the culprits, but I just realised that when Angel runs into town he runs into half the members of the conspiracy
Yep, incredibly well constructed. I can't think of anything I would change (or I expect they would either). Absolute masterclass.

Watching Hot Fuzz is like watching an interesting seminar about film. Then when you get up to leave you notice that they've built a domino show around you in the shape of an explosion without you realising it. Then the presenter dives of the podium and set it off with a gun in mid-air.

Ha, awesome and apt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom