• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogz

The HL1 levels yes, but the BM team are redesigning Xen from the ground up, so I'll be interested to see what they've come up with.

Black Mesa still feels like a full experience though.

I'm happy where Black Mesa finished. Freeman jumps into the portal and appears on the train in Half Life 2. What's Xen? :p

Stackboy

Add to that it actually has a lot of games available now.

I only really want to play Smash, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D world. Mario Maker towards the end of the year should be fun.
I am not a fan of Zelda games.

3 good reasons to buy a WiiU. Would have got one end of last year when Smash came out, but I had a wedding to pay for.

senahorse

The changes so far are already enough for me.

- new engine (Source 2013, not Source 2)
- Steam Workshop mod support
- multiplayer
- massive amount of bugfixes
- new weapon models, animations, effects
- new AI, no more aimbot soldiers, more run and gun
- new voice work
- new textures
- new models
- new props

Well when you get your Steam games for free, it's an easy sale ;) Me, that $20 is better spent on Wolf :)

senahorse

Was my number 3 game of last year (behind Divinity and Alien) and imo the best single player FPS since Riddick/HL2. We need more games like this rather than the mindless drivel like CoD (I did really enjoy Advanced Warfare though).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I only really want to play Smash, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D world. Mario Maker towards the end of the year should be fun.
I am not a fan of Zelda games.

3 good reasons to buy a WiiU. Would have got one end of last year when Smash came out, but I had a wedding to pay for.

List of other games worth trying out based on your tastes:

1. Lego City Undercover
  2. Wonderful 101
  3. Hyrule Warriors
  4. Wind Waker ( I know I know, but it's the most relaxing of all the Zeldas)
  5. Rayman Legends
  6. Captain Toad
  7. NES Remix 1
  8. NES Remix 2

jambo

Was my number 3 game of last year (behind Divinity and Alien) and imo the best single player FPS since Riddick/HL2. We need more games like this rather than the mindless drivel like CoD (I did really enjoy Advanced Warfare though).

I enjoyed it, but there were far too many little bits where it would take control away from me to do a QTE or animated bit. I just really don't like that in an FPS.

Story was pretty good though, even though I don't really need one in a wolf game.

Stackboy

List of other games worth trying out based on your tastes:

1. Lego City Undercover
  2. Wonderful 101
  3. Hyrule Warriors
  4. Wind Waker ( I know I know, but it's the most relaxing of all the Zeldas)
  5. Rayman Legends
  6. Captain Toad
  7. NES Remix 1
  8. NES Remix 2

Thanks for the advice!

40% off Getflix at the moment! New subscribers would pay $36 for the year, current subscribers get a variable amount of compound discount down to $15 or so.

I really liked the new Wolf but at this point I'd say it's overrated. It was never balls out action for me and I found the pacing really weird, especially in terms of enemy encounters.

Have you seen any good prices rep? Dick Smith and Target don't have listings for it, and the best prices so far are Big W for $78 and JB for $79. I was hoping for better than that TBH.

Not yet, should hit today sometime!

Not yet, should hit today sometime!
Hopefully!

It looks like the PS4 Limited Edition has now sold out on PS4 in Australia (still available on PC and XBone). Sadly that's the only version that comes with the McLaren F1, Sauber C9, BMW M1 ProCar, Mercedes-AMG C-Class Coupé DTM, and 1967 Ford Mk IV. Pretty shitty, especially in a game that has a limited car list to begin with :(

Shaneus

Hopefully!

It looks like the PS4 Limited Edition has now sold out on PS4 in Australia (still available on PC and XBone). Sadly that's the only version that comes with the McLaren F1, Sauber C9, BMW M1 ProCar, Mercedes-AMG C-Class Coupé DTM, and 1967 Ford Mk IV. Pretty shitty, especially in a game that has a limited car list to begin with :(
Fuck, really? So there's no way to get access to those cars other than the LE?

I bet they'll have them available as DLC down the track. That's exactly what happened with Forza (4?) when they had the store-exclusive preorder bonuses... three or four different cars, and a few months after launch they offered them all as DLC in the one pack (so you'd be getting less value if you already had one of those cars). Pre-order bonuses like exclusive livery I understand. But locking out content completely that changes the way the game is played is just bullshit.

Fuck, really? So there's no way to get access to those cars other than the LE?

I bet they'll have them available as DLC down the track. That's exactly what happened with Forza (4?) when they had the store-exclusive preorder bonuses... three or four different cars, and a few months after launch they offered them all as DLC in the one pack (so you'd be getting less value if you already had one of those cars). Pre-order bonuses like exclusive livery I understand. But locking out content completely that changes the way the game is played is just bullshit.

If you want a physical copy then yeah. If you buy a digital copy on the PSN ($99.95) you can still get them though.

Jeez that Miyazaki collection is insane, wish I could afford it. RRP is $325 here it seems.

Hopefully!

Well poo, the Target catalogue just went up and no games are included in it.
Latest Big W catalogue has it for $78.

Where did the cheap day one games go!!!

The dollar went to shit, this was always bound to happen.
I think the issue with Project Cars is that it's a pretty small game and so hasn't attracted much retailer attention. For example you can't pre-order at Dick Smith, it's not even in their system.

Shaneus

What wheel are you going to be using, or are you just using a pad?
G27 if it was PC (but I don't have the setup for it, so it'd be majority 360 pad) or pad only if it's PS4.

But I only have a 5970/5850 CFX setup in my PC which I doubt could come close to getting as good a look as either of the console ones. And fuck upgrading, I don't use my PC that much.

Deeku

actually, i'm reading on amazon uk reviews that apparently the movies in the set don't have the bonus features that are in the standalone releases......wtf!! and the only "bonus" is the press conference thingamy

hmm, no sale i reckon

edit:

acutally, actually, i might be wrong since the madman says it does...? and the uk amazon packaging seems kinda different? hm hmhmhmhmhmhhm

jambo

See the thing about Amazon UK is that it's for the UK.

We are not in the UK, no matter how much Tone desires us to be.

Jintor

actually, i'm reading on amazon uk reviews that apparently the movies in the set don't have the bonus features that are in the standalone releases......wtf!! and the only "bonus" is the press conference thingamy

hmm, no sale i reckon

edit:

acutally, actually, i might be wrong since the madman says it does...? and the uk amazon packaging seems kinda different? hm hmhmhmhmhmhhm

tweet at madman and see what they say

Deeku

Ok they have all the special features. I watched a fucking unboxing video to confirm its legit-ness lol

buy away!

Kritz

Banned
IVncBl7.gif

I guess I actually did some work today. It's hard to tell.

Deeku

I already have it. Could have told you lot if you waited a bit.
Cool, now we're extra extra sure!

I'm actually pretty stoked about the set. Haven't watched some of the older films in aaaaaaaages, and never watched the newer ones after Spirited Away.

Dryk

I don't even own a Blu-Ray player and I'm tempted to buy that

EDIT: I haven't seen Porco Rosso, have fallen asleep through bits of Totoro 3 times and don't even recognise the other castle one but that's it. I think I saw three of them in theatres too o_O

Cerity

While I do want to get it so I can fight my bros, I'll be waiting for <=$5 sale on MKX. It's just sad at this stage how terribly they've fumbled it.

Stackboy

While I do want to get it so I can fight my bros, I'll be waiting for <=$5 sale on MKX. It's just sad at this stage how terribly they've fumbled it.

I play it pretty much SP, although I am a pretty casual fighting fan, am really enjoying it. I like doing the tower challenges and playing through all the characters. I main Jacqui Briggs and I just started playing Kung-Lao last night, he is really versatile.

I tried playing online and the lag makes it basically impossible to enjoy it.

radaxian

I managed to snag a copy of Project Cars Limited Edition for PS4 today at my local JB but other JBs in the area are sold out. So you might find a local copy still. It's $79 at JB for LE or normal edition.

Also mightyape.com.au are still listing some stock of the PS4 LE.

Shaneus

Huh. Looks like a few users at my work got hit by a new version of the Cryptolocker trojan. Fucking idiots.

I think it was from AFP or something, apparently.

Jintor

I run bad backup plans so i'm pretty shit out of luck if i get crypto'd.

i think most of my pertinent files are in the cloud somewhere though so all i'd really lose is probably my game saves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom