• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

I really wasn't expecting him to hit it, I was already on edge because they to didn't try and foul JR, and when I saw Rose setting up that shot my first thought was "oh fuck here comes OT", but when it went in man did I lose my shit.

What happened to Love was a dirty move and I don't like celebrating other peoples injuries but man we really have a shot at the Eastern conf title this season.

And I'm probably going to back track on my prediction of the Warriors coming of the West, Clippers are looking scary as fuck. I Still expect Washington to beat Atlanta though.

In breaking news, i finally watched a film from my watch pile that I had bought a while back. Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko and the latest addition to my "watch any old shit she's in list" Andrea Riseborough (she was added after Birdman).

I wasn't expecting much but it was incredibly well-made for the most part and the story hung together well much better than expected from the general internet "it's okay, but Edge of Tomorrow is way better." I enjoyed them about the same.

Next up, John WIck. I hear
something bad happens to a dog
so bracing myself.

I am making a concerted effort to finish Super Mario Bros 3- which out of 1, 2 and 3, was the only one I never beat in Super Mario All-stars. My secret weapon
restore points on VC games that add "save anywhere" to GB, NES and SNES games

Bernbaum

I really wasn't expecting him to hit it, I was already on edge because they to didn't try and foul JR, and when I saw Rose setting up that shot my first thought was "oh fuck here comes OT", but when it went in man did I lose my shit.

What happened to Love was a dirty move and I don't like celebrating other peoples injuries but man we really have a shot at the Eastern conf title this season.

And I'm probably going to back track on my prediction of the Warriors coming of the West, Clippers are looking scary as fuck. I Still expect Washington to beat Atlanta though.

Did you watch this morning's Washington-Atlanta game? Another cracker. Didn't think the East would be this exciting.

Did you watch this morning's Washington-Atlanta game? Another cracker. Didn't think the East would be this exciting.

Yeah NBA playoffs this year has been hot as fuck. Enjoying it more than I have in years, and that's even with the Spurs knocked out early!

I expect it is indeed because the East aren't as fuckawful as they have been previously heh

Bernbaum

Yeah NBA playoffs this year has been hot as fuck. Enjoying it more than I have in years, and that's even with the Spurs knocked out early!

I expect it is indeed because the East aren't as fuckawful as they have been previously heh

Especially because there wasn't a clear favourite in the East now that the big three Heat are dissolved. Cavs did well in the regular season with what was effectively a brand new starting lineup, Bulls were riddled were with injuries and everyone forget about Derrick Rose, and no-one believed that surging low-market teams like the Hawks and Wizards would be competitive in a playoff situation.

I was rooting for
Patty Mills who happens to play for
the Spurs this post season, but now that I have no clear favourite to cheer on, I've just been enjoying good basketball (except for the 9-hour long free throw competitions between the Clippers and Rockets).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
"Thieving fucking phones from hospitals to get inteferon you fucking dog"
"You fucking rapist"
"That's all you've fucking got, every man's a fucking rapist aren't they"

Now they're yelling about some one called Darren! And all the men she's fucked!

He's told her to go sleep in the car park

"It's my fucking house ya rapist"

Daniel the ice dealer!

"I didn't open my legs to anyone"

"This is my fucking house I'm sick of you trying to control my life"

He opens the door
Her: "baby I love you"

"You fucking rapist"

Daniel the ice dealer!

He opens the door

This is why I'm glad Splatoon doesn't have voice chat

Gazunta

Clive you made me realise I'm still angry about Super Mario Bros. 3's
ending sequence. What a FUCK YOU HA HA KICK IN THE BALLS

Hmm. Might make it next week's Blow The Cartridge comic actually ><

MoonGred

I finally got around to watching guardians of the galaxy and enjoyed it for what it was. It seems to follow the same marvel template as all their other movies, all though I've only seen a few. The overly comic relief of these movies usually kills it for me.

It did however put me in the mood for a space novel. Anyone have any recommendations on books that are somewhat similar to guardians of the galaxy?

I finally got around to watching guardians of the galaxy and enjoyed it for what it was. It seems to follow the same marvel template as all their other movies, all though I've only seen a few. The overly comic relief of these movies usually kills it for me.

It did however put me in the mood for a space novel. Anyone have any recommendations on books that are somewhat similar to guardians of the galaxy?

Read the comics it's based on. They are also really comedic as that's kinda their thing (which translated really well on screen).

MoonGred

Read the comics it's based on. They are also really comedic as that's kinda their thing (which translated really well on screen).

For some reason I'm really not in the mood to read comics. Went on a massive binge a couple of months ago and never returned, that and they're so expensive compared to books.

yeah, comic relief in movies based on comics seems to be a big problem for fans of the comics.

For me as a non-comic reader, the humour is the reason I love the MCU movies and shows like The Flash.

speaking of humour, my bro and I scoffed pizza and watched the Phoenix Wright movie that's on Netflix. Really good, though I may have spoiled the next case I'm up to in the first game. It's incredibly absurd and then goes really dark and serious for most of the second hour.

"You fucking rapist"

Daniel the ice dealer!

He opens the door

How you haven't moved out yet is beyond me. I would have been gone a long time ago.

"You fucking rapist"

Daniel the ice dealer!

He opens the door

I read that in Bender's voice. I don't know why.

MoonGred

Just capitalized on this, thanks. I'm moving when this game comes out, so I probably won't be able to play it until we get our internet hooked up. Can't resist at that price though!

Also bought Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and New Super Mario Brothers with this deal

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/193642

I'm usually not one for pre-ordering but I jumped on the 38$ price from GMG last week because I found that one a steal, but this is even better.

Stackboy

I'm usually not one for pre-ordering but I jumped on the 38$ price from GMG last week because I found that one a steal, but this is even better.

Yeah even if the PC version is busted at launch (who knows, the console version might be) for $30 I'm willing to take the chance.

Does Splatoon have a proper single player mode or is a tacked on thing like Battlefield? I don't really feel like trying Nintendo multiplayer but I feel like a new game to hold me over before Batman.

MoonGred

How were the previous pc ports? I always bought them a year later on sale because I only had a laptop.
For some reason I was under the impression that pc was their lead dev platform.

But yea, it can't be any worse than the mkx launch.

MoonGred

Does Splatoon have a proper single player mode or is a tacked on thing like Battlefield? I don't really feel like trying Nintendo multiplayer but I feel like a new game to hold me over before Batman.

I think they have an offline competitive mode and a single player training area, but that's about it.

How were the previous pc ports? I always bought them a year later on sale because I only had a laptop.
For some reason I was under the impression that pc was their lead dev platform.

But yea, it can't be any worse than the mkx launch.

GOTY edition of AA was great on GFWL.

ACity at launch was fine I think (aside from SLI as always). I had a ton of issues downloading it direct from GMG though as their system was fucking horrid back then, much better now.

GOTY edition of AA was great on GFWL.

ACity at launch was fine I think (aside from SLI as always). I had a ton of issues downloading it direct from GMG though as their system was fucking horrid back then, much better now.

AC's DX11 mode didn't work at launch, and is still broken today. Geforce experience defaults it to "off" even on my 970.

Jintor

Nobody's sure. So far looks like a bunch of custom missions and stuff - probably more platforming than anything else.

Definitely will be 'bosses' and special enemies and the like, but I don't know about, say, cutscenes or characters really

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Nobody's sure. So far looks like a bunch of custom missions and stuff - probably more platforming than anything else.

Definitely will be 'bosses' and special enemies and the like, but I don't know about, say, cutscenes or characters really

It will have atleast 27 "stages" for single player, with boss fights, story etc. These are more puzzley, or fights like mp, or platforming.

legend166

So I have to 'interview' tomorrow for my promotion, even though the position was created specifically for me and there were no other applicants (because everyone else in the team is already at the level I'm trying to get to). But hey, it's a big company, gotta follow processes!

Thankfully my manager was kind enough to send me the interview questions in advance, haha.

Newsflash: even when you know them in advance, behavioural questions are still stupid.

What's the cheapest place to get a Witcher 3 steam key?

I paid about $20 a few months back in the GAF buy/sell thread. Otherwise I think GMG had/has it for $30ish. GOG also had it cheap too, haven't really been following prices tbh since I pre-ordered so damn early
and I probably won't play it due to having a low tier GPU >_<

MoonGred

So I have to 'interview' tomorrow for my promotion, even though the position was created specifically for me and there were no other applicants (because everyone else in the team is already at the level I'm trying to get to). But hey, it's a big company, gotta follow processes!

Thankfully my manager was kind enough to send me the interview questions in advance, haha.

Newsflash: even when you know them in advance, behavioural questions are still stupid.

You won't need it, but good luck!

Shaneus

So, just on Splatoon... I thought I might've missed something even though I'd not seen much of it (only vague descriptions here and there) but it seems it's confirmed, it's basically a multiplayer de Blob. How come I'm yet to see people make that comparison? Is it so original that people think it must be a Nintendo-founded concept? Help me out here.

Omikron

So, just on Splatoon... I thought I might've missed something even though I'd not seen much of it (only vague descriptions here and there) but it seems it's confirmed, it's basically a multiplayer de Blob. How come I'm yet to see people make that comparison? Is it so original that people think it must be a Nintendo-founded concept? Help me out here.

Nintendo.

MoonGred

My guess is that hardly anyone played the blob.

Jintor

also nobody played de blob boi. nobody. i have it and i never played it. the sad fate of de blob

MoonGred

My son plays the hell out of it, there is a bowls club here that has a kids room with several 360's hooked up. He has put hundreds of hours into De Blob and LEGO Batman in there over the years!

Speaking of those kid game rooms, I was at a local pub over the weekend and the xbox in the kids room had dirt 2 in it, which is a weird choice for a kids game if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom