• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

I love De Blob and all, but Splatoon and it are going for such different things the comparison never entered my mind.

More people need to play De Blob though, so yeah it's a shame nobody is mentioning it.

Quasar

So, we'll be paying GST on digital purchases if the current govt has its way. As if we're not overpaying for every digital purchase as it is :/

Well I pay GST on a great many anyway. I guess Steam is the great outlier in terms of purchases. I guess this will mean prices will be on par with Origin who already collected GST. And I assume all the console storefronts already collect GST.

And I'll admit despite it meaning some price hikes it makes sense to me. Though I do kind of wonder how it will work when it comes to companies who do not have a operation in Australia.

Quasar

Nothing most likely, aside from the big ones.

I'd assume so to.

As it is the announced plan is just for a set list of majors, and really thinking about it the major consumer ones in terms of sales probably all already collect GST as they have local presences.

So I kind of wonder about it being a goldmine. At least in terms of digital purchases goes. Subscription services are a bit different.

So I kind of wonder about it being a goldmine. At least in terms of digital purchases goes. Subscription services are a bit different.

Pretty sure they said it would only bring is $350 million over 4 years, I expect the cost of chasing and processing all the taxes would be hefty.

MoonGred

Pretty sure they said it would only bring is $350 million over 4 years, I expect the cost of chasing and processing all the taxes would be hefty.

that's a joke, surely they'd make more, or am I drastically overestimating the amount of digital goods and services Australians buy.

that's a joke, surely they'd make more, or am I drastically overestimating the amount of digital goods and services Australians buy.

That would assume $3.5 billion dollars in digital revenue paid by Australian consumers over the 4 years. Consider quite a few of the big, big ones are already paying GST because they have offices here (Sony, Apple, Google, etc).

I'd actually say they are overestimating possible revenue by a long way considering the amount of companies that will ignore them.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Upon completion, it is set to be the 3rd most expensive building in the world, costing approximately $2.1 billion AUD.
the new royal adelaide hospital..

i k new it was big.. but holy shit.

whats a pretty good graphics card? looking into an upgrade since gta5 runs like shit. i want to stream and at least have gta5 on high settings. ultra is not necessary. nvidia if possible, im over amd for now

nvm chat got me <3

Halal is the opposite of

7e7.jpg

Stackboy

I paid about $20 a few months back in the GAF buy/sell thread. Otherwise I think GMG had/has it for $30ish. GOG also had it cheap too, haven't really been following prices tbh since I pre-ordered so damn early
and I probably won't play it due to having a low tier GPU >_<

GMG has it for $60, but it's a GOG download. I kind of want to just stick to Steam, but I think I'm going to have to pay full price in order to do that, without going to some shady key site.

MoonGred

That Witcher 3 downgrade thread really is something.

I really don't get all the hate for the small downgrade, are they just blaming the console versions?

Also how on earth does it take 5+ days to get something shipped from Sydney to Melbourne with express shipping.

I really don't get all the hate for the small downgrade, are they just blaming the console versions?

Also how on earth does it take 5+ days to get something shipped from Sydney to Melbourne with express shipping.

Downgrade is due to preview/marketing footage/shots being made on $5000 PC's. This happens all the time. This is why you should always expect a downgrade unless you have an ubermachine.

Also AusPost is fucking awful.

(That's why I said "or the way something is prepared")
Which is why I removed that part of your post. :p

Although, halal isn't about how things are prepared, it's just stating whether something is allowed to be eaten. There's a different term, dhabihah, for ritual slaughter.

senahorse

Downgrade is due to preview/marketing footage/shots being made on $5000 PC's. This happens all the time. This is why you should always expect a downgrade unless you have an ubermachine.

Also AusPost is fucking awful.

It's not just that though, the original footage does indeed look better than what the finished game will be like. But to be honest, I think it still looks fantastic and can't wait to play it, I am glad I don't let this silly downgrade talk hamper my enjoyment of a game.

Cerity

iirc auspost are having issues with new sorting machines. Took 6 days (not inc weekends) for an express parcel to get to me from newcastle (to brisbane), yet last week I ordered some protein powder over regular post and got it the next day. From Tasmania to boot.

Darren870

Which is why I removed that part of your post. :p

Although, halal isn't about how things are prepared, it's just stating whether something is allowed to be eaten. There's a different term, dhabihah, for ritual slaughter.

Yea yea yea... you don't have to get into the science of it all

:D

Shaneus

So this is awesome. Had about $30 in credit on my XBL account to spend by the end of the month. Bought Stick of Truth online for the 360 before realising the only way you can spend said credit is via the 360 (so it came out of my Paypal). Asked for a refund via support (had to chase it up twice) and got it, but I can still play the game on my 360.

So now I have Stick of Truth, Nuts & Bolts and still about $10 worth of credit to spend on XBL by the end of the month. Woo!

It's not just that though, the original footage does indeed look better than what the finished game will be like. But to be honest, I think it still looks fantastic and can't wait to play it, I am glad I don't let this silly downgrade talk hamper my enjoyment of a game.
Yeah bottom line is game LOOKS great regardless, gameplay will be determined at release. I expect they did a complete revamp of the generally disliked TW2 combat so I'm keen to hear how it came out.

I think a large reason for the flurry of posts in there is how CD Projekt have drifted away from being seen as a golden child by hardcore gamers. I chalk that up to becoming a much much much bigger company than they were in the TW1 days. Lots of moving parts now, hard to avoid one or two people saying something stupid/showing something stupid.

Also forgot to add in the fact that Robomodo is making it, the devs behind the 'fantastic' Tony Hawk HD port.
Robomodo have made pure shit since they started. I lump them in with High Voltage as terrible developers that somehow keep getting work.

So this is awesome. Had about $30 in credit on my XBL account to spend by the end of the month. Bought Stick of Truth online for the 360 before realising the only way you can spend said credit is via the 360 (so it came out of my Paypal). Asked for a refund via support (had to chase it up twice) and got it, but I can still play the game on my 360.

So now I have Stick of Truth, Nuts & Bolts and still about $10 worth of credit to spend on XBL by the end of the month. Woo!

This is why some companies are real pricks about digital content Shaneus, you're ruining it for the rest of us!!!

Shaneus

So good. Must go back to it and get more Jiggies. Actually my 6yo is probably old enough to take a look at it too.
I'd completely forgotten I'd played it (not for very long, mind you) as a pirated game on my JTAG 360 (which I still have, and barely used... such a waste of money :/). Don't think I had any jiggies and only had two of the earliest cheevos.

Glad I picked it up now, though. Framerate is a bit hard to deal with but other than that, the game is amazing. Surprised it didn't get a PC port a la Viva Pinata.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions for what I can get on XBL for around $10? I noticed that Guardian Heroes is $5, but I can't think of anything else (that I don't already have).

This is why some companies are real pricks about digital content Shaneus, you're ruining it for the rest of us!!!
I didn't know I'd keep it, honest! I think it was triggered when the support person initially asked if I was going to buy SoT again (using my XBL credit) and I said I would. That was before I saw N&B on there.

I'd completely forgotten I'd played it (not for very long, mind you) as a pirated game on my JTAG 360 (which I still have, and barely used... such a waste of money :/). Don't think I had any jiggies and only had two of the earliest cheevos.

Glad I picked it up now, though. Framerate is a bit hard to deal with but other than that, the game is amazing. Surprised it didn't get a PC port a la Viva Pinata.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions for what I can get on XBL for around $10? I noticed that Guardian Heroes is $5, but I can't think of anything else (that I don't already have).

have you tried the original Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie. Or Perfect Dark?

Shaneus

have you tried the original Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie. Or Perfect Dark?
I think I bought that PD HD remake on Live, and possibly one of the BK games but I don't recall enjoying them all that much. Maybe Kameo is super cheap and I could buy that, I remember it being somewhat entertaining the short period I had it.
Edit: Kameo is $15, so no dice.

I think I bought that PD HD remake on Live, and possibly one of the BK games but I don't recall enjoying them all that much. Maybe Kameo is super cheap and I could buy that, I remember it being somewhat entertaining the short period I had it.

maybe you could take the day and list every game you have on 360 so we can target recommendations. pics appreciated. ;)

As someone who loved the ever loving fuck out of Conker I was incredibly disappoint with Kameo. Shattering at the time :(

Man. Thinking back I had a rough time with the 360 for a while. Thankfully I had Oblivion & Gears 1 to get me through the disappointment of Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero & Alan Wake.

senahorse

Yeah bottom line is game LOOKS great regardless, gameplay will be determined at release. I expect they did a complete revamp of the generally disliked TW2 combat so I'm keen to hear how it came out.

I think a large reason for the flurry of posts in there is how CD Projekt have drifted away from being seen as a golden child by hardcore gamers. I chalk that up to becoming a much much much bigger company than they were in the TW1 days. Lots of moving parts now, hard to avoid one or two people saying something stupid/showing something stupid.

I am just glad there is a thread dedicated to it now rather than it just shitting up all the other threads (though it still is to an extent). I think one poster called it right when they suggested maybe some people have picked the wrong hobby to enjoy. The same thing has happened with Project Cars. Don't get me wrong I love my graphics but urgh at a lot of the debate going on. From what I have seen Wild Hunt looks great across all platforms and at the end of the day great graphics alone can only carry a game so far.

Robomodo have made pure shit since they started. I lump them in with High Voltage as terrible developers that somehow keep getting work.

That THPS HD port broke my nostalgic heart and probably made baby jesus cry :(

iirc auspost are having issues with new sorting machines. Took 6 days (not inc weekends) for an express parcel to get to me from newcastle (to brisbane), yet last week I ordered some protein powder over regular post and got it the next day. From Tasmania to boot.

Bulk Nutrients FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom