• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nom Nom has been out on Steam for a while I think, maybe try the Steam forums and see if they have a good FAQ style thing.

Well good to know it isn't a case of "user error" and that PSN is unusually shit for organisation and discovery.

On the plus side, its nice to see them release unclassified games so we don't have to wait on the OFLC to pull their fingers out.

I'll admit I don't think I've ever actually used the store on Vita before heh. Always just queue stuff up on the webstore.

The unclassified thing is weird. Like they released Outlast for everyone PS+ without having the classification until like the day of or the day after release, which is pretty worrying considering how messed up it is.

Yagharek

There are rating systems in Europe where developers rate their own content. They are heavily penalised for under-rating content though, so maybe the lack of a framework in Australia to work with is to blame there.

Deeku

Man had my first job interview in like 5 years this morning....was a total nervous wreck. I prepared waaaaay too much and it just turned out to be a first round 15 minutes chat....seriously, stupid ass recruiters suck!!!

Anyway, i think I did kinda bad lol...:(

Man had my first job interview in like 5 years this morning....was a total nervous wreck. I prepared waaaaay too much and it just turned out to be a first round 15 minutes chat....seriously, stupid ass recruiters suck!!!

Anyway, i think I did kinda bad lol...:(

there's always next time.

I will take any excuse to say recruiters are what happens when you cross a pile of runny shit with a linkedin account.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Also, anyone else keen as fuck to be able to vote in Eurovision tomorrow??? Like omg.

Will be taking notes all morning so I don't forget anything when I weigh up my options.

Card Boy

Banned
I know i should do this but it's smarter to pay for Netflix via iTunes cards. Alot of the time the big chains have 20% off cards (sometimes ever more). If you pay for Netflix over 10 months you get another 2 free.

(is my math wrong?)

I know i should do this but it's smarter to pay for Netflix via iTunes cards. Alot of the time the big chains have 20% off cards (sometimes ever more). If you pay for Netflix over 10 months you get another 2 free.

(is my math wrong?)

if that works that would be brilliant. how do you pay with itunes cards?

hidys

Part of me hopes that we come last in Eurovision so that we learn a lesson from this.

nothing to distract the 2nd album plz.

they are too busy begging lawyers to go on eurovision.

Pretty sure that if we ever saw a 2nd Avalanches album it would be nothing like Since I Left You. It seems like they are getting original recordings in from the likes of Ariel Pink and Danny Brown.

Si3lj0o.jpg

Target. Splatoon will be $58 too.

Yagharek

Two Ubisoft games for nothing is almost worth it. Except for the wasted time playing them or trading them in for a few dollars.

I started playing through Witcher 2 when I saw everyone playing the third one. It's pretty fun but the controls are taking some getting used to.

2 games towards credit at EB is still better than nothing.

I started playing through Witcher 2 when I saw everyone playing the third one. It's pretty fun but the controls are taking some getting used to.

Yeah even TW3 takes a while too, not as bad as TW2 though which wasn't as bad as TW1!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
yes, it's pretty decent on Wii U.

So, netflix billing SNAFU anyone?

Kritz was saying something in steam chat about it.

I just had my invoice / paypal receipt email from Netflix. which is amusing as I didn't know I had money in my account. and I Don't really want to check.

Also, ausgaf, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165008739#post165008739

would you guys say MCG and Adelaide Oval? I know they're sportsy.. but I really can't think of anything else that's worldly. Sydney has the opera house for instance.

The fuck! netflix has charged my credit card for the month 7 times. Gonna have to call them later today.

Kritz was saying something in steam chat about it.

I just had my invoice / paypal receipt email from Netflix. which is amusing as I didn't know I had money in my account. and I Don't really want to check.

apparently it's a credit card issue rather than paypal

according to my facebook feed, one dude with a ponytail and a pinball fetish who contacted netflix support posted this:
"Looks like Netflix's billing system has spat the dummy, Aussies being told their credit card can't be verified and multiple withdrawals being registered.
Their online chat people told me "It's not you, it's us" and "across your whole continent!...we are compiling a list to give to our mad scientists. They are at the drawing board right now to get the system up and running so that we can get you back to streaming ASAP."
so 10/10 for being on the ball and letting me know it's their problem, but minus several million for good banking."

I got the email from netflix saying there was a payment problem but my CC didn't have any recent charges from netflix.

Also, ausgaf, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165008739#post165008739

would you guys say MCG and Adelaide Oval? I know they're sportsy.. but I really can't think of anything else that's worldly. Sydney has the opera house for instance.
Wouldn't call the MCG an attraction. If Melbourne has anything, it's Flinders St Station, the Arts Centre spire, Hosier Lane, maybe the Eureka building.

IMO Melbourne isn't one of those cities with a major tourist attraction drawcard (though a few prominent sporting events I suppose), but for tourists of a certain type (people into food or booze, or people who enjoy just experiencing a city) I think it's a good place to visit anyway.

senahorse

It's the principle of it though. Imagine accidentally touching a copy of assassins creed.

Well it would be fine if they included ACIV, which is actually a good game in it's own right, however they included the worst game of the AC series, I didn't even last 3 hours with.

Dryk

I always felt that the back of the Convention Centre was the most striking landmark in Adelaide. Though that honour probably goes to the SAHMRI building now.

I'm hearing the single player is the real gem.
Oooh that's something I haven't heard. I might bother to buy it if that's the case because I wouldn't play much multiplayer.

Card Boy

Banned
The fuck! netflix has charged my credit card for the month 7 times. Gonna have to call them later today.

Just got charged 3 times at around lunch time myself. Support said I should check tomorrow as there was an issue with their billing system.

I would advise people to check their online bank statement.

Stackboy

We should have sent xavier rudd or John butler. Nothing like a global platform for a protest song.

We should have sent TISM.

Excited to pick up a WiiU and Splatoon this weekend. Feels like the right time to get onboard that platform.

Played plenty of Witcher 3 over the weekend, feels like there is so much to do and it's never tedious.

Destiny finally feels like the game it should have been at launch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom