• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Geelong right? Expert testimony, indeed.

BAM!
Just for that, I'm posting a picture of our mayor:
Hx34aLZl.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Reading the stuff about Battlefront somehow reminded me of Warhawk.

If any game needs a PS4 sequel/remake then its that. They accomplished so much in creating a fast-paced dynamic battlefield on the PS3, and surely with the greater horsepower in the PS4 they could take it further.

But on that note, Starhawk was boring as fuck.

My PS3 has just given me the blinking red light of death. Gosh darn it.

I'm not mourning its death as a gaming system, but rather its utility as an all-in-one Blu ray / media player. Is it worth repairing or should I just replace it with a media-capable Blu ray player?

How are the PS4 / Xbone media capabilities? Is there a player out there as capable and responsive as the PS3? There are some PS1 classics on my PSN account that I'd like to play on my PSP. Is there some way of getting these directly onto the PSP if I forgo repairs?

Flash Season Final Spoiler
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quasar

Life is Strange - Episode 3.

Another nice episode. My one complaint is the senseless egg puzzle.

And as expected we're taught the normal lesson of don't fuck with time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
4th :(

Had 2 liukang v liu kang match ups, then a scorpion then a raidan. Raidan got me with his constant jumping.

hamchan

Flash Season Final Spoiler
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo this ep was epic.

Deeku

I remember people here in the past have said that recruiters suck.

I will confirm this notion that recruiters suck!

I remember people here in the past have said that recruiters suck.

I will confirm this notion that recruiters suck!

They do. I only had to deal with them because of Centrelink benefits HOWEVER I did get a really nice
looking
one who did help a lot, she even showed me how much she tried to get me jobs. I eventually used my volunteering experience to get a job in the organisation I was volunteering for.

Every other recruiter I've heard of and experienced have been awful though.

Nobody has an opinion on a replacement for my dead PS3?

So XB1 has a cheap IR media remote, it's relatively simple and lights up when you pick it up. It's worked a treat for disc based stuff for me through I haven't tried any stream apps (I have an Apple TV for Stan, Netflix and iTunes stuff).

The PS4 doesn't have a dedicated remote so you can use the controller (which is still not great as a media remote), you can't use the PS3 ones. There is a way you can use certain TV remotes to control a PS4. I tried it once and it was a bit shit and I'm probably gonna have another go on the weekend.

http://au.pcmag.com/sony-playstatio...how-to-control-your-ps4-with-your-hdtv-remote

If you're done with PS3 games, try a standalone with internet apps and you'll probably get netflix on that.

On EB's website, the 12GB PS3 model is 170 new (which isn't bad compared to a wifi equipped standalone, and you could always put the HDD from your old one in, if you can find a way to mount it- the 12GB don't (or didn't) have a way to mount the HDD off the shelf. And if you have a PS3 media remote.

EDIT: that's actually cheaper than a 12GB model from the US which is 179 on Amazon.

Quasar

So...those Spotify announcements.

The video thing seems dumb to me. Sure Spotify offering music videos or concerts would make sense. All that general video content though seems dumb to me. Like if a dedicated scifi network decided to start showing wrestling to get ratings or something.

hidys

The video thing seems dumb to me. Sure Spotify offering music videos or concerts would make sense. All that general video content though seems dumb to me. Like if a dedicated scifi network decided to start showing wrestling to get ratings or something.

This is almost certainly an attempt to monetize the platform even more.

Card Boy

Banned
You can get Driveclub $18 pre-owned from EB or $19 pre-owned from JB. I had my doubts but this game is amazing, it must be all the updates they released and i am playing it in a improved state than launch buyers. I got a sealed copy for $18 as it must of come from a bundle.

Shaneus

Holy. What Spotify announcements?

You can get Driveclub $18 pre-owned from EB or $19 pre-owned from JB. I had my doubts but this game is amazing, it must be all the updates they released and i am playing it in a improved state than launch buyers. I got a sealed copy for $18 as it must of come from a bundle.
Except you haven't played it for as long as us. So, suck it :p

Stackboy

Diversifying your platform is a smart idea, sounds like Spotify can't survive on just music alone.

New Destiny DLC is great, such a step up from The Dark Below. Prison of Elders is great fun and something I will look forward to completing every week. The story missions feel much more fleshed out too.

Yagharek

It's the new Brute Force/Gran Turismo 3/Wii Play of this gen.

Not a comment on quality, just on how many pack-ins are sold which people don't want.

Tis a great game, although I still say I don't notice the difference between the game then and now aside from the extra content. Mechanically it feels the same.

It's the new Brute Force/Gran Turismo 3/Wii Play of this gen.

Not a comment on quality, just on how many pack-ins are sold which people don't want.
Same with LittleBigPlanet 3, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends, Trials Fusion, Halo MCC, AC Unity, AC Black Flag. All have been heavily bundled so far, which is great for picking up a copy cheap. Paid $30 for LBP3 off Gumtree shortly after launch!

Yagharek

Same with LittleBigPlanet 3, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends, Trials Fusion, Halo MCC, AC Unity, AC Black Flag. All have been heavily bundled so far, which is great for picking up a copy cheap. Paid $30 for LBP3 off Gumtree shortly after launch!

Indeed. Though of that list I'd say only Rayman was worth it.

Yagharek

Here's a question for Reptile and Shaneus and any other Aus Vita owners.

How come some games aren't listed on the store yet still available.

Example: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate. It isn't listed under indies or under PS Vita games in the A-Z lists. You can search for it and it comes up, but otherwise no.

What else am I missing out on by unlisted titles hiding away?

Quasar

Diversifying your platform is a smart idea, sounds like Spotify can't survive on just music alone.

Well to me it smacks of desperation. Are they somehow running scared about some future youtube service and Beats 2.0?

Not that I actually subscribe myself, as the lack of a locker aspect is a dealbreaker for me.

Here's a question for Reptile and Shaneus and any other Aus Vita owners.

How come some games aren't listed on the store yet still available.

Example: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate. It isn't listed under indies or under PS Vita games in the A-Z lists. You can search for it and it comes up, but otherwise no.

What else am I missing out on by unlisted titles hiding away?
Might not be listed in that section due to being cross-buy? Not sure, I'll check when I get home.

Actually wait I don't think it's cross-buy with the PS4 version. I dunno, I'll have to check.

EDIT: Just checked, it's cross-buy PS4/Vita. It's on the bottom row of page 15 of the PS Vita titles when sorted A-Z.

Hey guys will JBHifi match Target's Witcher 3 price ($69)? I have some gift cards I'd like to use.

They should do, yes.

Yagharek

Might not be listed in that section due to being cross-buy? Not sure, I'll check when I get home.

Actually wait I don't think it's cross-buy with the PS4 version. I dunno, I'll have to check.

EDIT: Just checked, it's cross-buy PS4/Vita. It's on the bottom row of page 15 of the PS Vita titles when sorted A-Z.

They should do, yes.

So you can only see cross buy titles on a ps4? But velocity 2x appears on both vita and ps4, so that is inconsistent with pixel junk shooter ultimate; also cross buy.

What a confusing mess.

So you can only see cross buy titles on a ps4? But velocity 2x appears on both vita and ps4, so that is inconsistent with pixel junk shooter ultimate; also cross buy.

What a confusing mess.

What was the question sorry? I think I'm confused.

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate shows up on the webstore under Vita even though it's cross-buy, I just meant that.

Are you asking if PSU shows up on the PS4 device store or the Vita device store?

Yagharek

PSU does not appear on PSN on Vita in any listed category. The only way to show it is to search for it.

(This is all using PSN store app on the vita itself, using the web store is defeating the purpose of having a store on the system itself)

It is cross-buy, like Velocity 2X. But unlike Velocity 2X you can't scroll through all the Vita games and find it unless you know it exists and then search for it.

tldr: I'm stating that it doesn't show up on the Vita device store.

wonzo

Banned
PSU does not appear on PSN on Vita in any listed category. The only way to show it is to search for it.

(This is all using PSN store app on the vita itself, using the web store is defeating the purpose of having a store on the system itself)

It is cross-buy, like Velocity 2X. But unlike Velocity 2X you can't scroll through all the Vita games and find it unless you know it exists and then search for it.

tldr: I'm stating that it doesn't show up on the Vita device store.
i didnt know umihara kawase + was up (didnt show up on the vita) until i did a search for it on the webstore a week after it came out. the storefronts a real shitshow

Yagharek

Well good to know it isn't a case of "user error" and that PSN is unusually shit for organisation and discovery.

On the plus side, its nice to see them release unclassified games so we don't have to wait on the OFLC to pull their fingers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom