• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

the standard way voters define high earners is "anyone who earns not less than one dollar more than me."

I should be paying more tax. People on half my income should be paying more tax, but progressively less so. People on double my income should be paying more tax, but progressively more so.

Rezbit

national pie man laughs at the imperfections you call pies
new-national-logo.png

Iqpc8Ni.gif

Kritz

Banned
the Richmond Bakery.

they were way better ten years ago. A little disappointing going back now. Unless I just built them up too much from my memory of them.

The Jackman McRoss bakery is fantastic, though. Really nice lamb and rosemary pies. Gotta get in early though when they're fresh.

Do all of the pie companies you guys are talking about make really good party pies? Because the Pizza Hut crust has tiny party pies in it. I've never met a party pie I didn't like :)

Fredescu

That's true, you tend to get a pretty good sauce/pastry/meat ratio out of a party pie, even if none of the components are particularly high quality.

Shaneus

People just encountering this thread now will just think all we talk about is football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars.

Fredescu

Party pie mouthfeel: hmm, I just took these out of the oven, I wonder if they're cool enough to eat. *first bite* no, no they're not cool enough to eat. Probably just needs more sauce to cool it down. *second bite* oh yeah, thats better. Woah, a bit warm going down though. Hey, I can't taste anything anymore.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I haven't had a meat pie or sausage roll in ages, I sure do miss them. Was thinking of having one on the weekend but damn that's a lot of carbs!

Party pie mouthfeel: hmm, I just took these out of the oven, I wonder if they're cool enough to eat. *first bite* no, no they're not cool enough to eat. Probably just needs more sauce to cool it down. *second bite* oh yeah, thats better. Woah, a bit warm going down though. Hey, I can't taste anything anymore.

Too damn accurate. Or I get to them when they're stone cold. In between is darn near impossible

Fredescu

Vegemite is kinda just a variation on salt. It's fairly inoffensive if you've been brought up with it and know how to apply it properly. The only proper application for the meat flavoured slurry inside Four n Twenty pies is if you're an abstract artist and you've run out of faecal matter.

Yagharek

Yup, the US PSN sale is also locked to US PS+ users too so that's 2 sales I can't get into today :(

Region and IP locking are the worst, along with expensive and draconian classification systems.

Unfortunately with current copyright cartels and legislation and FTAs things will only get worse for legitimate customers wanting to participate in a global economy.

Every company is guilty.

Stackboy

I am a New South Welshman living in QLD and instead of watching sportsball tonight I will be playing the Witcher 3 or another video game.

N0VAM0D

I am a New South Welshman living in QLD and instead of watching sportsball tonight I will be playing the Witcher 3 or another video game.

That's probably a good idea.

I'm considering heading to 24/7 Sports Bar with some people and attempting to watch the game, or maybe I'll just sit at home and study. I don't know.

Shaneus

YES

Also, has anyone seen any good PS4 deals around?
Too late she cried, the sale was only for another 6 hours. Didn't end up getting it, figure I spend little enough time at home to even play PS4 in fits and spurts, doubt I could devote much time to sitting at the PC for hours in a row. Think I'm getting Dirt Rally instead.

Yagharek

Most ps4 deals at the moment have tlou or driveclub or bloodborne or lbp3 or infamous bundled in and like four or five games.

As someone who bought a ps2 and ps3 at launch, this is amazing value.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Someone I know in Morayfield just got an ADSL connection put in from Telstra.

They get 2-3Mb download speeds.

#straya

So, I find myself in Melbourne. I'm going to a "student services" conference tomorrow, but I'm the only person from my workplace in attendance and the program reads like a big bowl of nothing so... Let's get stinko! Holiday on the mans dime.

I found a place Bartronica a couple of hours ago. Arcade games and craft beer, exactly what I need. I had a chat to the owner and they've only been around for a few months but it's much better than what Brisbane has to offer (mana bar is a shoe box). Good pinball (Twilight Zone!), free SF2 and MK2, plenty of space. If you're in Melbourne check it out!

Gazunta

Guys I'm in the market for a good PVR.

Turns out we don't need foxtel but we DO need a thingy that let's is record FTA and watch it later.

Two requirements:

It's gotta have a nice remote. For better or for worse that Foxtel remote has nice big buttons. I have a Telstra T-Box and the remote is garbage.

It's gotta have a decent episode guide that let's me record series. The foxtel one is actually pretty good in that regard. The T-Box uses the signal from FTA for it's episode guide and it only let's me see a couple of hours ahead if at all.

Recommendations folks?

Yeah I'll be in Melbourne for a few days next week for a conf too. Any recommendations? I'll have a day to myself due to the absolute fucking stupidity of my company. Hoping Mad Max 4 is still showing at iMax!

YES

Also, has anyone seen any good PS4 deals around?
$399 from Dick Smith eBay using CPICKUP15 code. Runs out tomorrow! You get another 2% back ($8) back through Cash Rewards if you make an account.

Recent bundle deal was $549 for PS4 with The Witcher 3, Driveclub, The Last of Us HD & The Order 1886 but it's expired now I think. Damn good deal though! TW3 should still be $69 at Target btw.

Region and IP locking are the worst, along with expensive and draconian classification systems.

Unfortunately with current copyright cartels and legislation and FTAs things will only get worse for legitimate customers wanting to participate in a global economy.

Every company is guilty.
Truth, I wish it was a true global economy for us consumers :(

Most ps4 deals at the moment have tlou or driveclub or bloodborne or lbp3 or infamous bundled in and like four or five games.

Yeah even at launch it was a good deal compared to previous years. Really easy for me to jump into next gen this time, even X1 has been insanely cheap at times.

N0VAM0D

Saw this come up on my newsfeed today: The 2015 State of Origin Drinking Game. You would get drunk unbelievably fast, that's for sure!

Too late she cried, the sale was only for another 6 hours. Didn't end up getting it, figure I spend little enough time at home to even play PS4 in fits and spurts, doubt I could devote much time to sitting at the PC for hours in a row. Think I'm getting Dirt Rally instead.

oh no :<

It's great value, for sure! It's a shame that I already have all of those games. You can trade in after you buy it though, right? Only reason I need a new PS4 is because my bf and I are splitting up, and he is taking the PS4 with him (I bought it for him as a gift for his 20th). I have loooots of games.

N0VAM0D

$399 from Dick Smith eBay using CPICKUP15 code. Runs out tomorrow! You get another 2% back ($8) back through Cash Rewards if you make an account.

Recent bundle deal was $549 for PS4 with The Witcher 3, Driveclub, The Last of Us HD & The Order 1886 but it's expired now I think. Damn good deal though! TW3 should still be $69 at Target btw.

oh maaaaan, I wish I had the money to grab that deal right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom