• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Oh yeah just a reminder I'm going be in Sydney from the 5th of June to the 13th (fly out on the 14th). Meet-up is happening and details are.

June 6th (Saturday) will be a official AusGAF meet-up in Sydney featuring me and Teresa. Some extra friends of mine might attend.

Time: 7:00 PM to 7:30 PMish start.
Location: Friend in Hand Hotel, 58 Cowper Street, Glebe NSW 2037

Attendees (that are probably coming)
Me + Teresa
My two friends - Mitch + Nicol
The Storyteller
Spotless Mind
wonzo
NOVAMOD

Gazunta

No online Splatoon and his Pinball FX2 Portal table's score has just been smothered like a rich grandparent who refuses to die, sucks to be Bernbaum right now.

Help I have four assignments due next week and I can't stop playing Witcher 3.

Even doing most of the side quests I've almost finished it.

:|

N0VAM0D

Oh yeah just a reminder I'm going be in Sydney from the 5th of June to the 13th (fly out on the 14th). Meet-up is happening and details are.

June 6th (Saturday) will be a official AusGAF meet-up in Sydney featuring me and Teresa. Some extra friends of mine might attend.

Me + Teresa
The Storyteller
Spotless Mind
wonzo
NOVAMOD

Woo!

Surely there are more SydGAF people!?

Bernbaum

Turns out it's a known problem with Technicolour gateways from Telstra. If someone would be kind enough to run a port scan whilst running Splatoon to see what ports it's opening, that would be swell.

Stackboy

So the WiiU is pretty good. I'm glad I waited this long to buy one. The stand out really is Mario Kart, although I haven't touched Splatoon yet. Smash Bros is great fun and New Super Mario World 3D is decent.

My Nintendo super name is Stackboy if anyone wants to add me.

Oh and I like Kevin Smith movies. Clerks, Mallrats etc. Only one I really didn't like was Chasing Amy, oh and Jersey Girl was just ok. Haven't seen Tusk or any of his new ones since Clerks 2. I'll go see Clerks 3 and Mallbrats.

I wouldn't see him live, read some of his books and he thinks he is pretty fascinating.

I'm officially no longer in my twenties. I don't feel too different today, but I suppose the biggest change was when my son was born, so by that logic, I've been mentally in my thirties for two and a half years now.

Stackboy

I'm officially no longer in my twenties. I don't feel too different today, but I suppose the biggest change was when my son was born, so by that logic, I've been mentally in my thirties for two and a half years now.

Grats! 30's is great, you know who you are. I'm a kidult and I married a woman who loves that about it.

I've got a presentation on wednesday and an exam on saturday.

It's just witcher on my mind.

It's just so damn good right? :D

Also, I love your avatar. Good show, great moment.

79383796aba385486babf88fab219f3f.jpg

senahorse

Steam says I have played for 94 hours, and I still haven't finished :/ And that's with skipping a lot of quests and other things.

wonzo

Banned

Me + Teresa
The Storyteller
Spotless Mind
wonzo
NOVAMOD
Going up to Gosford on Wednesday @ 5am to visit Nan in hospital and help out my Aunt n' Uncle (her caretakers). I'll be staying for a week or two but I'll try and catch a lift back to Sydney on Friday or Saturday so I can come (takes like 2+ hours with public transport on a good day ._.). Gonna be gutted if I can't tho as I've been really looking forward to this for ages. :(

senahorse

Jeeeez. I wish there was some way to check on PS4, I have no idea how long I've been playing.
How are the PC graphics?

I think if you go into your character screen you can check from in there (look at the options down the bottom). But I think it might include suspended time on PS4. Graphics on PC are great, a step above the consoles (which look great, imo, to begin with), the main boon for me is a locked 60fps :D. Game itself is fantastic it might be my Adventure/RPG GOAT, they weren't lying when they said they were going to make side quests interesting :), something Ubisoft and EA could learn from. I think I am a couple of main quests from the very end (it has felt like it was about to end a couple of times already) and I am currently level 30.

Cerity

It's just so damn good right? :D

Also, I love your avatar. Good show, great moment.

79383796aba385486babf88fab219f3f.jpg

I'm actually going off the game but I just keep going back, I need to be come the gwent master.

And cheers man, definitely one of my favourites of last year lol. Such a charming show.

Dryk

Ok I fucking give up. Cannot get this game to play online.

It connects to the internet, it sees my online friends, but I cannot for the life of me connect to a lobby. Every fucking time - a bloody 118-0516 error.

I've tried everything - portforwarding, manually setting an IP address for my WiiU, I've extended my network to my Apple Airport Express and then connected to that and not my router/modem. Doesn't matter what I try - I cannot even enter a lobby.

Other games work fine - I can connect to Mario Kart 8 and race away, just not Splatoon.

Half my Sunday has been spent trying to get this shit to work.

What else can I try?
I have similar problems with Mario Kart, what's your ISP out of curiosity? I'm getting a LAN adapter shipped in at the moment to try to rule THAT out. Let me know if you figure out what's causing it.

Shaneus

It's always a wonderful long weekend, too. We have the Montreal GP (3am Sunday for quali, 4am Monday for the race) *and* the WEC Le Mans 24hr. I'm in petrolhead heaven.

Yup, brought by ps4 with me on my work trip I'm so addicted to it :/

Truth. I aged/matured a shitload in the few months after my sons birth. Shit is hardcore.

shan finish up witcher and then join me in splatsville

you too deek

you too ausgaf
Nah I don't do MP stuff (CSGO is my next MP purchase to get in with the cool kids)

The wife and I have almost finished Orphan Black on Netflix. What's the next show we should watch?
Twin Peaks! Xfiles! Chef's Table!

Bernbaum

I have similar problems with Mario Kart, what's your ISP out of curiosity? I'm getting a LAN adapter shipped in at the moment to try to rule THAT out. Let me know if you figure out what's causing it.

I'm with Cuntstra. The issues I'm experiencing are a known problem with the particular Modem/Router gateway I've been provided.

Sorry we're only using the Aussie Netflix atm.

I've never seen Twin Peaks, I would love to watch that. Love the X-Files.

So far we've just gone through Orphan Black, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Suits, Daredevil and Luther. Already watched Fargo too.
Best advice I can give you is give the free Getflix trial a go!

Dryk

I'm with Cuntstra. The issues I'm experiencing are a known problem with the particular Modem/Router gateway I've been provided.
Well I'm with them too but my modem's not usually a problem. My LAN adapter came today and has fixed my problems though so I guess the Wii U just has a really shitty radio in it.

Side-note: Problem's fixed guys. I'll pick up Splatoon tomorrow.

Sorry we're only using the Aussie Netflix atm.

I've never seen Twin Peaks, I would love to watch that. Love the X-Files.

So far we've just gone through Orphan Black, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Suits, Daredevil and Luther. Already watched Fargo too.

Ok- using Au Netflix only

Dramas
Bloodline
House of Cards (UK or US)
Mad Men
Arrow
Line of Duty

Comedies
Arrested Development
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Thick of It
UK Office

Yeah, TV stuff is quite lacking n AU netflix. Stan seems to have the slightly better TV selection ATM with Community, Better Call Saul, Peak Blinders, Masters of Sex and stacks of local shows.

You can't talk about LOcaL TV without using the letters LOL

Stan also has the motherfucking Sweeney. Get yer trousers on, yer nicked!

Bernbaum

Well I'm with them too but my modem's not usually a problem. My LAN adapter came today and has fixed my problems though so I guess the Wii U just has a really shitty radio in it.

Side-note: Problem's fixed guys. I'll pick up Splatoon tomorrow.

After spending the last two days on my PhD in WiFi ShitFuckery, I've decided the best solution is to get a LAN adapter.

Dryk

After spending the last two days on my PhD in WiFi ShitFuckery, I've decided the best solution is to get a LAN adapter.
You're a faster learner than I was!

Now I need to get a network switch because my room only has one wall port <.<

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just beat the final boss in single player. Holy crap what a ride. Felt like a shmup for parts of it.

Edit: ok I've never felt impressed by credits. Now I have. Those credits were v. Good.

Bernbaum

Just beat the final boss in single player. Holy crap what a ride. Felt like a shmup for parts of it.

Edit: ok I've never felt impressed by credits. Now I have. Those credits were v. Good.

Me too! Literally just now. Jesus fuck, does Nintendo make a good boss fight! I thought I had him beat, but there was one more round.

Such a rush. Haven't had a bossfight like that in donks.

Single player is much more competent than I expected. They could flesh this shit out with challenges and there'd be a lot more game to be had.

My LAN adapter arrives Friday, and I don't really have much time to play games until the weekend anyway.

Thanks for the well wishes for yesterday guys!

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Holy phuckbawls this show is great.
It really is. I watched it the second I found out it was co created by Tina Fey and was not disappointed.
I made Mrs Squirrel watch Fargo with me (neither of us had seen it) based on GAF hype. Yeah, I wish I'd known about all the bloody murders ahead of time as I now owe her a romantic movie to make up for subjecting her to a "stupid boy movie".

My stupid boy movie for the month was supposed to be Entourage, darn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom