• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best advice I can give you is give the free Getflix trial a go!

Yeah, I may have to.

Ok- using Au Netflix only

Dramas
Bloodline
House of Cards (UK or US)
Mad Men
Arrow
Line of Duty

Comedies
Arrested Development
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Thick of It
UK Office

Yeah, TV stuff is quite lacking n AU netflix. Stan seems to have the slightly better TV selection ATM with Community, Better Call Saul, Peak Blinders, Masters of Sex and stacks of local shows.

You can't talk about LOcaL TV without using the letters LOL

Stan also has the motherfucking Sweeney. Get yer trousers on, yer nicked!

House of Cards might have to be next then. Thanks guys.

Stackboy

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Holy phuckbawls this show is great.

Yeah me and my wife loved it. Glad there is a second season coming next year.

I'm surprised how much I loved the tv show. Love the movie, just didn't think a Fargo tv show could live up to it. Love the concept for the second season too.

I can heartily endorse Getflix. If only Stan had apps for Xbone or PS4 I could probably get more onboard with it. Streaming to Chromecast is really unreliable.

Entourage movie looks turrible, I'll catch it on Netflix eventually. I better go see Mad Max tomorrow before it disappears from cinemas.

Yeah I used to enjoy the Entourage show but the movie doesn't interest me. It's a few years too late for mine.

I watched Ex Machina last night and loved it. I wanted to catch It Follows but I think that's stopped playing now.

Heh, Xfiles fan I take it?

You know it!

Splatoon is pretty good, but I'm not really losing my pants over it like a lot of people.

- It desperately needs more maps. I know they are coming (one of them today!) but launching with so few maps is pretty perplexing
- I really really wish I could play online with my girlfriend. The 1v1 mode is cool, but I'd get a lot more mileage if we could both play online. I don't even care if the framerate tanks.
- Presentation is great
- Net code seems great so far
- Controls are good (gyro off, obviously)
- Not really a fan of only holding one primary weapon. Kind of limits things.

Based on early impressions, I think 8/10 is apt.

Quasar

So...looking for a little advice.

My old Dell Ultrasharp monitor is dying and well I need a replacement but cannot afford the 500$ another 24" Dell Ultrasharp would cost me.

So I'm wondering what other brands aren't terrible?

For instance I found a LG one (here) which is more like my budget but I've never used LG monitors before.

Yagharek

Nom Nom Galaxy has infested my dreams. I keep planning in my sleep how to build the optimal soup factory with robot placement and gardens.

Rezbit

Splatoon just got a little too real....

Z5CRfgV.jpg

MoonGred

I've done my fair share of flying, mostly international and have never had a delay due to insufficient staff, is this just a jetstar thing?

I can't comment on the napkins just yet. On my flight to Bali my partner's tv screen stopped working after 30min, staff couldn't fix the issue, which is perfectly understandable. The problem is that with jetstar you pay 10$ one way for that service and even after contacting them they refuse to acknowledge the issue or reimburse us for a broken service.

I'd sign up to HBO Go if they wanted my money and it streamed as well as Netflix.

Mad Max 4 was a god damn masterpiece. Direction, art design, fx, costumes were all A+ award material. Perfection. Bravo.

Are HBO Go and HBO Now the same thing?

HBO Go is for peeps in the US who have a cable sub to HBO like whatever the hell the Foxtel on demand thing is (except it's HBO Go is HD, not SD). Even if you had a the shitty SD cable box thrown in with your internet, you could get HBO Go and watch stuff in 720p or above on your computer or a streamer like apple tv or PS3- apart from certain ISPs like Comcast only allowing certain devices even if an app is available (Apple TV yes, PS3 no). When you use HBO Go for the first time, you have to enter a code based on who your cable supplier is, etc. You also have to do this to watch any of the Network's catch-up services on a streamiing device.

HBO Now is basically Go but for cord-cutters (people who don't have cable TV). So netflix for HBO content- which is almost every show they've made plus a rotating selection of movies (which, even in the US, tends to be far better than Netflix's movie catalogue).

Funny thing is, HBO Now seems cheaper than adding HBO to a cable sub. I had a deal that gave me three months free and then $10 a month for the first year which would have gone up to $20 a month if I had stayed in the US. If I had stuck around in the US, I would have gone for HBO Now.

I think if you go into your character screen you can check from in there (look at the options down the bottom). But I think it might include suspended time on PS4. Graphics on PC are great, a step above the consoles (which look great, imo, to begin with), the main boon for me is a locked 60fps :D. Game itself is fantastic it might be my Adventure/RPG GOAT, they weren't lying when they said they were going to make side quests interesting :), something Ubisoft and EA could learn from. I think I am a couple of main quests from the very end (it has felt like it was about to end a couple of times already) and I am currently level 30.
Oh thanks! I've been keeping it suspended so my time just says 10 days 3 hours :| it really does keep feeling like it's gonna end. Im level 32 so probably around the same place as you.

shan finish up witcher and then join me in splatsville

you too deek

you too ausgaf
keeeeeeen.
did you get a Japanese wiiu?

Yrael

Aaaargh. My internet download speed is now a whopping 0.36 Mbps, and my ADSL2+ modem is completely unable to connect (I'm resorting to much older technology to get a connection). Having checked every other possibility (and phoned my ISP), it's quite likely that part of the copper wiring has corroded somewhere outside the house, so I've made a call to get some people around to check.

*sigh* This is ridiculous.

Stackboy

Oh jetstar, delaying my flight back to Melbourne by 4 hours, reason being "insufficient staff"
How does this even happen?

I can't count how many times I've been at the airport and seen Jetstar flight cancelled. I try to fly Virgin most of the time, so far they have been really reliable.

that is the sound of 50 people googling "how do I cancel Stan?" now that community has ended.

I might still have a Stan sub if they had a PS4 or Xbone app.

Watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix, this show is great. Damn NBC for cancelling it after one season.

Rewatching this too, as my wife hasn't seen it. Great stuff!

I am weirdly excited about that Fallout countdown timer!!

MoonGred

Only just got on to the splatoon hype train, game is pretty great. I love how the rounds don't last very long either, that said I've only played turf war.

Can you change your hairstyle or is it done by buying different head gear?

MoonGred

Ah that's a shame. I did see some insane outfits though, one looked like an Egyptian headdress and the other was a full robot suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom