• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Fallout may even be out this year, good times :). Which is a double bonus imo as it means less time to wait for next Elder Scrolls.

MoonGred

I don't know why but nintendo really got me with these amiibos, they're useless but I still want them. Now they got me wanting the splatoon ones.

Of all the games I know about coming later this year (or, let's be honest, early 2016) I am looking forward to Fallout 4 the most, mainly because it's been a while since I played NV.

I'm not a huge RPG fan in general, and apart from Skyrim, I have rarely enjoyed games with D&D/Tolkienesque/Sword and Sorcery settings (which is why I've skipped W3). But give me a good action RPG with a scifi setting like Fallout, Mass Effect or Deus Ex, and I tend to have a great time.

Also let's look at the big games on my list (so far) and which is likely to NOT be broken at launch: Halo 5 (lol), Battlefront (lol), Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (lol), Fallout 4 (lol)
Basically we're at the point that the only games you can rely on to come out before Christmas are annualised or semi-annualised big sequels.

I look forward to Nintendo's offering that hopefully includes something other than Mario Maker.

Yagharek

Of all the games I know about coming later this year (or, let's be honest, early 2016) I am looking forward to Fallout 4 the most, mainly because it's been a while since I played NV.

I'm not a huge RPG fan in general, and apart from Skyrim, I have rarely enjoyed games with D&D/Tolkienesque/Sword and Sorcery settings (which is why I've skipped W3). But give me a good action RPG with a scifi setting like Fallout, Mass Effect or Deus Ex, and I tend to have a great time.

Also let's look at the big games on my list (so far) and which is likely to NOT be broken at launch: Halo 5 (lol), Battlefront (lol), Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (lol), Fallout 4 (lol)
Basically we're at the point that the only games you can rely on to come out before Christmas are annualised or semi-annualised big sequels.

I look forward to Nintendo's offering that hopefully includes something other than Mario Maker.

Bethesda really are trail blazers.

So I haven't played any of the Witcher series and side note I thoroughly enjoyed ACIV. Should I pick it up digitally for my next solo game to play?

Deeku

I'll play Fallout. I don't think I ever finished 3, but I really wanna play one of those explore-y type games. I'd get Witcher but apparently it's kinda sketchy on PS4?

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 for myself but i'm not 100% sure since i'm coming from PC, just need to borrow a PS4 with GTA V on it for a couple hours so I can see if I want to buy my own. I can pay you or bring you maccas or whatever you need. Guarantee I won't break it, it'll go straight into a foam packed box.

Gumtree never ceases to amaze me.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So I decided to bite on this deal and it arrived today, sooner than expected.

The only thing is, there didn't seem to be any seal or tape on the box at all. Everything inside looks in order, but I thought I'd just gauge AusGAF for their opinion on this to see if I can assuage my paranoia.

Dammit man, mine hasn't arrived yet. Stupid Adelaide ;___;

So I decided to bite on this deal and it arrived today, sooner than expected.

The only thing is, there didn't seem to be any seal or tape on the box at all. Everything inside looks in order, but I thought I'd just gauge AusGAF for their opinion on this to see if I can assuage my paranoia.
I can't recall tbh. Does it have a manufacturing date on it?

Also TW3 runs fine on PS4 looks great. Dips when it rains in the swamp but it's masked really well, doesn't hurt my combat reactions at all.

Kritz

Banned
hopefully I'm allowed to sneak this photo out into the wild

2015%2B-%2B9

the first Hobart Game Developers meetup was tonight. Was super fun meeting with a bunch of people who are all in the same ballpit as me. I'd already crossed paths with most of the people in the room, but getting everyone in the one spot to play secret unreleased video games and network was an amazing experience.

I am the fat idiot suckin' hard on a water bottle.

It's depressing that I know like four of the people in that photo including one who has his back to the camera.

I'd recognize that hair and top centimeter of jumper anywhere!

Kritz

Banned
Did your nametag say "Kritz (Internet Man)"?

close enough to >_>
It said "KRITZ.net"

It's depressing that I know like four of the people in that photo including one who has his back to the camera.

I'd recognize that hair and top centimeter of jumper anywhere!

tim, paris, jon, lindsay, aran and a few other university regulars were there. I think I'd met about 80% of the room at one point or another.

hopefully I'm allowed to sneak this photo out into the wild

the first Hobart Game Developers meetup was tonight. Was super fun meeting with a bunch of people who are all in the same ballpit as me. I'd already crossed paths with most of the people in the room, but getting everyone in the one spot to play secret unreleased video games and network was an amazing experience.

I am the fat idiot suckin' hard on a water bottle.

You look better with the short hair!

I'll play Fallout. I don't think I ever finished 3, but I really wanna play one of those explore-y type games. I'd get Witcher but apparently it's kinda sketchy on PS4?

It's not ridiculously-insane PC graphics, but it's pretty good on PS4. At least up to standard with other games on PS4 right now. Play it, it's great! ;3

I don't think I ever finished fallout 3 either to be honest. I tend to get kind of obsessive in open world games about collecting things and doing all the side quests and I think it really drained me/ I got stuck in a cave with some super mutants and couldn't proceed :|

Bishop89

Harvey Norman half yearly sale.

Destiny ps4 $24

Xbox + sunset overdrive +minecraft + halo collection + Forza 5 + Forza horizon for $498

+ most games on sale, lots of $10 ps3 games etc

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just noticed that I now get $2 for every £1.

It was $1.89 when I got here in February. So either you Aussies are slipping, or the international markets are happy that David Cameron has a majority. I'm not sure which one of those is the least worst prospect.

I just noticed that I now get $2 for every £1.

It was $1.89 when I got here in February. So either you Aussies are slipping, or the international markets are happy that David Cameron has a majority. I'm not sure which one of those is the least worst prospect.

dollar's been falling from historic highs for the last 2 years. You would have loved it here around 2001- you would have gotten $3 for every pound.

AKA back when I paid $45 for Spaced: season 1 on DVD from Benson's World

Quasar

dollar's been falling from historic highs for the last 2 years. You would have loved it here around 2001- you would have gotten $3 for every pound.

AKA back when I paid $45 for Spaced: season 1 on DVD from Benson's World

I still remember when it was like US 47 cents. Was a nightmare going to comics stores back then.

senahorse

So I fired up Witcher 3 last night and horse glitches were on the cards. Jump to 20secs for the juicy glitch. I call my horse Low-Poly.

I hard reset after install and all cleared up, thank fuck. After about 1-1.5 hours I'm literally still at the start of this game but its got hooks in me already :)

Looks like you have a GPU overheating unstable overclock (if on PC) edit: see it's an Xbox upload, something to keep an eye but that looks suspiciously like an overheating problem.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I still remember when it was like US 47 cents. Was a nightmare going to comics stores back then.

I was in charge of the English-language web shops at a software company between 2010-2012 and I noticed the AUD getting strong in 2011. To the point where I normalised AUD and USD prices in order to save you guys $20-30 on buying the main software. That and Australian customers had the best conversion rates in my email marketing for that year.

Looks like you have a GPU overheating unstable overclock (if on PC) edit: see it's an Xbox upload, something to keep an eye but that looks suspiciously like an overheating problem.

Well I did have ducted heating on and a fireplace going next to the X1 last night. All was fine after a reboot from first install.

Why would anyone talk about a Mac game? Ever?
I actually thought the exact same thing (that it was Escape Velocity) lol. I loved Terminal Velocity, but Escape Velocity was even better. It was Elite but in a top down game with very cool combat. Somebody needs to port it to iOS posthaste :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom