• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

There was something so satisfying about getting the stealth suit, sneaking up on people and using Vats with the Fisto equipped. Man that game is good

Its weird that melee weapons work great in the fallout games but the same can't be said for ranged weapons in elder scrolls.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
so, netflix AU decided to remove shows from my previously watched list.

the shows that i'm currently watching.. and they wont add themselves back to the list.. so now when ever i want to keep watching pokemon or house i have to search for them, or go to my list and scroll through until I find them. rather then have them appear right when i load up the app or go to the website.

good work netflix

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Did they remove GFWL from Fallout 3 GOTY on Steam? Because they sure as hell removed my CD-key from Steam, making it uninstallable on my new PCs.

the shows that i'm currently watching.. and they wont add themselves back to the list.. so now when ever i want to keep watching pokemon or house i have to search for them, or go to my list and scroll through until I find them. rather then have them appear right when i load up the app or go to the website.

good work netflix

My current issue is X-Files has just reverted back to SD :(

good work netflix

That happened to me yesterday, everything disappeared. I was trying to watch Misfits season 2 when everything bugged out, nothing would play and it threw me back to the user selection screen. After that it was like it was my first day. It's all good now, maybe it takes a while to repopulate your app from the database when it bugs out.

Edit: aus.whatsnewonnetflix.com/ is the most up to date content wise I've found

is that on aus netflix???

and also.. what's that website where we can see what's been added to au netflix that people recomendded? I tried googling last night but got shit...

US Netflix. Not sure what happened. Might surf other regions to see if they are still HD.

Allflix.net has a running list for all the regions, here's the AU one.

Moreflix is handy too for just general overall searches along with Allflix. Otherwise the GAF Netflix thread is pretty good at letting you know what's new/happening.

HolyCheck

also omi, i'm a few days late.. and less than i thought but

24 amiibos (no doubles) then 6 doubles in box (marthx2,villager,fox,link,wiifit trainer)

and tomorrow picking up from the post office 3 splatoons and marth!

Wasn't those, it was splatoon boy and girl + jiggly puff and greninja

Dimefan3

Samsung has finally released the new update for Lollipop 5.0, a notification popped up for me on my S5 this morning.

To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of Android. Maybe I've just been too used to iOS, but there's a few issues I have with android that just keep bugging me.

Bernbaum

Mad Max Fury Road has about two or three words of dialogue and yet has more character progression than all four Transformers films put together.

Samsung has finally released the new update for Lollipop 5.0, a notification popped up for me on my S5 this morning.

To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of Android. Maybe I've just been too used to iOS, but there's a few issues I have with android that just keep bugging me.
Which issues in particular?

Fusebox

Banned

Oh shiiiiit I hope they update my Galaxy Tab S! VPN apps haven't worked since 4.4.2 and I've been bitter and twisted about it.

edit: Bah, just checked. NO update yet.

after much dicking around, I finally have gotten some form of stability with Fallout 3 by running it windowed at 1080 rather than fullscreen at my 27" screen res. I had already hacked the ini file to limit to two cores, switched off auto saving, etc.

Now it's just time to explore and map the world before getting stuck into missions.

MoonGred

after much dicking around, I finally have gotten some form of stability with Fallout 3 by running it windowed at 1080 rather than fullscreen at my 27" screen res. I had already hacked the ini file to limit to two cores, switched off auto saving, etc.

Now it's just time to explore and map the world before getting stuck into missions.

Are you just unlucky or is it still that unstable? I wasn't into pc gaming when it released, new vegas was pretty bad for me though.

Went to big w, they seemed to have received new amiibo stock, loads of marths, I presume these are the reprints?
Seeing as I'm unable to resist these useless pieces of plastic I walked out with metaknight and the triple splatoon pack.

HolyCheck

if anyone spots a king de de de, little mac, ness, pacman, toon link, lucina, robin, wario or pit please grab me one :)

or happy to trade for anyone with my spares
inkling boy/girl, marthx2, villager, wii fit trainer, fox, link

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Mad Max Fury Road has about two or three words of dialogue and yet has more character progression than all four Transformers films put together.

I saw MMFR earlier in the week week, and figured that it was a documentary of what would happen if Manowar and their fans survived the apocalypse.

MoonGred

if anyone spots a king de de de, little mac, ness, pacman, toon link, lucina, robin, wario or pit please grab me one :)

or happy to trade for anyone with my spares
inkling boy/girl, marthx2, villager, wii fit trainer, fox, link

I'll keep an eye out for Toon link for you, I've seen him a couple of times over the last few months, so hopefully I'll come across him again.
Have pretty much given up hope for a little mac and wario.

King De de de is probably my favourite amiibo build wise, he feels so sturdy

hamchan

I've watched it 4 times. Best movie of the year, maybe of the decade, top 5 action movie of all time.

I'll keep an eye out for Toon link for you, I've seen him a couple of times over the last few months, so hopefully I'll come across him again.
Have pretty much given up hope for a little mac and wario.

King De de de is probably my favourite amiibo build wise, he feels so sturdy
Yeah the King is awesome, really transferred well.

Also yeah, Mad Max 4 is one of the best movies of all time. So good.

MoonGred

Does anyone know where you can buy anti static bags that would fit a big gpu? I was stupid enough to through away the box of my old gtx760 when I bought it, now I want to sell it but don't have a bag to put it in.

Are you just unlucky or is it still that unstable? I wasn't into pc gaming when it released, new vegas was pretty bad for me though.

F3 game out during the Windows Vista era and stayed there as far as Bethesda is concerned. NV and Skyrim came out during Win 7 era.

I also had NV on PC at launch and it was pretty busted, particularly in that overgrown jungle bunker, but that was nothing compared to the BS getting this to run AND not freeze up.

When I first played F3 at release, on 360, it locked up I think three times. on PC a few hours in, it's locked up about 2 dozen times.

AMIIBOS. I need a Pacman one and then I'm set unless somehow Toon Links come back into stock.

if it was any other game, i would have given up after the first 10 minutes (like I did with the PC version of SR2). when this runs, its still more fun than anything else to come out so far this year.

AMIIBOS. I need a Pacman one and then I'm set unless somehow Toon Links come back into stock.

None at Target or Big W? I remember seeing plenty here when restocked. If it's a huge issue I could post one up but that would put it around the $30 mark inc postage I expect, which is way too fucking much to pay for these things.

I JUST WANT A FUCKING INFINITY BAYMAX. Sorry, had to get that out. Fucking Baymax is harder to find than any fucking amiibo thing.

Just don't nuke the town.

no, i'm too nice to do that.

None at Target or Big W? I remember seeing plenty here when restocked. If it's a huge issue I could post one up but that would put it around the $30 mark inc postage I expect, which is way too fucking much to pay for these things.

heh, thanks but I'm going nuts over these things. If I see them, I grab em. They seem to have a far more stock in these days (even if they are occasionally Japanese stock)

Deeku

Just out of interest, how many of you amiibo people are actually figurine people? Like, do you already buy figures/toys of other stuff before amiiibo, and that's why you're into them? Or is it that maybe you've never been into figure buying, but since these are Nintendo and they're relatively cheap (cheap in the world of figures cheap)/ semi easily attainable so you're like, why not buy them?...cos you can't possibly be buying them for the game stuff....actually I don't know maybe the game related stuff is good, I haven't been following.

MoonGred

I've never collected any figurines before, I was close to buying a skull kid one a couple of years ago but figured it was a waste of money, I've now got 14 amiibos so go figure.
For me it's that they're somewhat affordable, nicely detailed and don't take up too much room, and I only buy the ones that I like, no intention of owning them all.

But yea you're right I don't use it for games at all, seeing as they're all pretty useless, the only exceptions to this are the Splatoon ones, I really want that samurai armour set. At least I'll get some use out of it.

The silliest thing is that I've got a friend who's really into Disney infinite which is something that I don't understand at all.

Edit: I think the in game usability of the Splatoon ones actually caused some drama, it could be seen as locking 60 extra single player levels behind a 50$ pay wall. Truth is that you're just replaying the same levels from the game just with a different weapon.
Nintendo can't seem to win, do nothing with the amiibos and people call it useless plastic, actually put some content behind it and people cry out that it should be free for everyone.

Yagharek

Qantas can suck a fuck. Losing luggage is one thing. Lying about it and leaving it off the flight altogether is another, especially when one bag has all our infant daughter's stuff.

Cuntas the lying kangaroo.

Just out of interest, how many of you amiibo people are actually figurine people? Like, do you already buy figures/toys of other stuff before amiiibo, and that's why you're into them? Or is it that maybe you've never been into figure buying, but since these are Nintendo and they're relatively cheap (cheap in the world of figures cheap)/ semi easily attainable so you're like, why not buy them?...cos you can't possibly be buying them for the game stuff....actually I don't know maybe the game related stuff is good, I haven't been following.
No figurines here aside from Skylanders and Infinity. They look cool and my son loves to play with them as actual toys. The pricepoint is just right at $15 for them, he can earn them as rewards which is another bonus too.

Zero interest in the ingame stuff since I'm not into most Nintendo games. The use of them to demo old old old games is interesting though (although I could just boot up a ROM I guess).

Qantas can suck a fuck. Losing luggage is one thing. Lying about it and leaving it off the flight altogether is another, especially when one bag has all our infant daughter's stuff.

Cuntas the lying kangaroo.

Fuck sorry to hear dude :(

HolyCheck

Never really collected anything before, I mean I have the odd figurine I've been gifted or purchased (half a dozen over my life) but I do have the community animated Christmas figurines!

Really it's just because it's nintendo, it's not badly priced, it's a wide array of nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom