• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
img_20150606_232234.jpg

Kmarts have been restocked, target then eB over the next day or two...

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Also I hate that its not a public holiday here in WA and I can't go home and play it, stupid stuck at work :/

Let me get this straight:

1) The Queen's birthday is in April.
2) Most of Australia "celebrates" it in June.
3) WA "celebrates" it in September.
4) The UK doesn't "celebrate" it at all.

If you're just making shit up in order to name a public holiday, why don't you just call it "Straya Cunt Day" (maybe if you voted yes in 1999 you would.)

bomma_man

If you're just making shit up in order to name a public holiday, why don't you just call it "Straya Cunt Day" (maybe if you voted yes in 1999 you would.)

it's queen vic's birthday. i have no idea what wa is doing.

nofunallowed

bomma_man

It's kind of like how all horses have one birthday, except everyone chooses a different one. I thought it was for Queen Victoria, but it seems to go back further than that.

I guess I did just compare our monarch to a horse...

But she was born in May.

the school system has failed me

The sovereign's birthday was first officially marked in the United Kingdom in 1748. Since then, the date of the king or queen's birthday has been determined throughout the British Empire and later the Commonwealth according to either different royal proclamations issued by the sovereign or governor or by statute laws passed by the local parliament. The exact date of the celebration today varies from country to country and, except by coincidence, does not fall on the day of the monarch's actual birthday, that of the present monarch being 21 April.[1] In some cases, it is an official public holiday, sometimes coinciding with the celebration of other events. Most Commonwealth realms release a Birthday Honours List at this time.

The day has been celebrated since 1788, when Governor Arthur Phillip declared a holiday to mark the birthday of the King of Great Britain. Until 1936, it was held on the actual birthday of the monarch, but, after the death of George V, it was decided to keep the date on the second Monday in June.[4] This has served well to somewhat evenly space out public holidays throughout the year. While George V's successor, Edward VIII, also celebrated his birthday in June, the two sovereigns since have not. George VI's birthday was in December, very close to public holidays for Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years, while Elizabeth II's birthday falls shortly after holidays for Good Friday and Easter and very close to ANZAC Day.

monarchy

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
You guys should have voted yes in 1999, brehs. Then we could get a day off for Bob Hawke's Birthday instead.

lol, at least it's better than Japan's holidays. Greenery day? Ocean day? Surely there are important events you can make public holidays instead.

MoonGred

lol, at least it's better than Japan's holidays. Greenery day? Ocean day? Surely there are important events you can make public holidays instead.

Yea but doesn't Japan have that thing where they make all public holidays on a Monday so people have long weekends. If so they win in my book

Australia would never do that, they prefer to take them away in order to show people not to take them for granted.

hidys

Yea but doesn't Japan have that thing where they make all public holidays on a Monday so people have long weekends. If so they win in my book

Australia would never do that, they prefer to take them away in order to show people not to take them for granted.

The Jeff Kennett approach.

Dryk

Well laggy and stacked Ranked Battles today have made me throw Splatoon on the backburner for a while. Guess I'll play D4 or something.

Yeah I think she's used a really old version on an old Samsung. Is the S5 mini really gimped compared to the regular one?
I have no idea, to be honest. I really liked the extra screen real estate when I first got it, if that's any help.
not really spoilers but more the emotions you will feel
there's stuff to make you angry, there's stuff to make you shit your pants
GoT S05E09 Spoilers
I just can't believe he actually did it. I was like, damn it man, run up there and rescue your fucking daughter. Don't let that harridan fanatic you call a wife be a better human being than you are! No don't you let her do it, don't... She's screaming Stannis... C'mon,enough now... Be a man... She's... Oh God... Oh God... OH GOD... :/

I had an inkling something was up with the red wedding because of the Internet hinting something horrible was going to happen and because my wife read the books before I did and was clearly distraught at one part, but this? This was like a punch to the gut straight out of nowhere. Seeing Danaerys flying on Drogon's back couldn't even save my mood.

God damn it GRRM ;_;

I have no idea, to be honest. I really liked the extra screen real estate when I first got it, if that's any help.

GoT S05E09 Spoilers
I just can't believe he actually did it. I was like, damn it man, run up there and rescue your fucking daughter. Don't let that harridan fanatic you call a wife be a better human being than you are! No don't you let her do it, don't... She's screaming Stannis... C'mon,enough now... Be a man... She's... Oh God... Oh God... OH GOD... :/

I had an inkling something was up with the red wedding because of the Internet hinting something horrible was going to happen and because my wife read the books before I did and was clearly distraught at one part, but this? This was like a punch to the gut straight out of nowhere. Seeing Danaerys flying on Drogon's back couldn't even save my mood.

God damn it GRRM ;_;

Book info
It hasn't happened in the books, and even though people think it will I'm sort of skeptical

Dryk

GoT S05E09 Spoilers
I just can't believe he actually did it. I was like, damn it man, run up there and rescue your fucking daughter. Don't let that harridan fanatic you call a wife be a better human being than you are! No don't you let her do it, don't... She's screaming Stannis... C'mon,enough now... Be a man... She's... Oh God... Oh God... OH GOD... :\
Selyse was super keen to burn her the whole season and then gets cold feet when they actually do it. Stannis spends the entire time resisting until he doesn't really have a choice, but once he commits to it he sees it through. I thought Stannis came off better.

MoonGred

So good I got bored after 3-4 hours.

I don't think you're the only one. And I fully understand people's issue with the game, I just enjoyed myself immensely.

The evil within was just the recent indication that reviews are never in line with my opinion.
To this day I still don't get the high praise that shadow of mordor got. The game plays fine but is so freaking boring, it just felt like I was repeating mission after mission

senahorse

New Order is a fantastic game, my favourite FPS in a very long time. Old Blood is good as well for a short experience but pales in comparison in my opinion.

MoonGred

i'm booking airbnb oh god what if i wake up missing a liver

You'll be fine. I've heard more horror stories from people that advertise on airbnb (house completely ruined after) than from people looking for accommodation. Heaps of my friends and myself have used it and it's always been fine.

Stackboy

Anyone else got next week off for E3?

House hunting, we put in an application on Saturday for this really nice place. The real estate has been ringing out references today, so that's a good sign. Looking at 3 more places this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom