• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gloria Jeans are introducing peanut butter & coffee monstrosities.

What the fuck is happening.

1FZRpZGm.jpg

It's like I have a morbid curiosity about weird food. Being able to eat anything is both a blessing and a curse

It was strange. Not terrible but not good. Worse than the Vegemite chocolate.

Shaneus

Anyone else got next week off for E3?

House hunting, we put in an application on Saturday for this really nice place. The real estate has been ringing out references today, so that's a good sign. Looking at 3 more places this week.
Lucky! But more than jelly you have enough for a deposit for a place.

Fredescu

It's like I have a morbid curiosity about weird food. Being able to eat anything is both a blessing and a curse

It was strange. Not terrible but not good. Worse than the Vegemite chocolate.

I'm the same way. My Indonesian in laws are constantly paranoid when they cook for me. 'Will he eat it?" they ask my wife. "Tell them I'll eat anything" doesn't seem to have the desired effect. "Are you sure? That one has giblets." I want to tell them about the time I ate dry dog food but I don't want them to disown me completely.

I think Stackboy is looking for a place to rent. Real Estates don't usually ring references when you buy a house. Nor do you supply them. Because your money is the reference. A really, really, really good reference.

Oh, and you usually don't apply to buy a house and then look at another 3 unless you be really ballin', son.

Shaneus

I think Stackboy is looking for a place to rent. Real Estates don't usually ring references when you buy a house. Nor do you supply them. Because your money is the reference. A really, really, really good reference.

Oh, and you usually don't apply to buy a house and then look at another 3 unless you be really ballin', son.
Way to point out that I'm illiterate, you insensitive bastard :(

r1chard

So glad I can play KSP on the laptop while I'm stuck in bloody Sydney visiting the office. Yay for awesome games that support Macs :)

Anyone else got next week off for E3?
I took the Tuesday off for the Sony conf. Already have Monday off for family stuff which is nice!

didnt they get bought out a few months back

They did indeed. I'm sure Nabi Saleh made a fuckload of money selling it to a big corporation but he's still there for 2 years apparently. Dude is a homophobe and his company spent tons of money furthering hateful propaganda against gay people. I'm not very keen on Hillsong or Mercy Ministries either. Whole thing is cunts abusing disadvantaged people and that rubs me up the wrong way. Plenty of other places to get my fancy drinks from.

Not like they are the only dirty fuckers out there selling shit to consumers but I've got enough principles to blacklist them for good once I see their bullshit.

MoonGred

I took the Tuesday off for the Sony conf. Already have Monday off for family stuff which is nice!

They did indeed. I'm sure Nabi Saleh made a fuckload of money selling it to a big corporation but he's still there for 2 years apparently. Dude is a homophobe and his company spent tons of money furthering hateful propaganda against gay people. I'm not very keen on Hillsong or Mercy Ministries either. Whole thing is cunts abusing disadvantaged people and that rubs me up the wrong way. Plenty of other places to get my fancy drinks from.

Not like they are the only dirty fuckers out there selling shit to consumers but I've got enough principles to blacklist them for good once I see their bullshit.

Yea same reason why neither my girlfriend nor myself visit that place. That and lets face it Melbourne has more than enough coffee places that have amazing coffee for a decent price.

I've been going to the same cafe for the last 2 years now, Migo's on Flinders lane, it's an old guy who makes the coffee and nobody else is allowed to touch the machine, he makes a really nice strong latte that is consistent every single day. That and he's the nicest guy.

I'm the same way. My Indonesian in laws are constantly paranoid when they cook for me. 'Will he eat it?" they ask my wife. "Tell them I'll eat anything" doesn't seem to have the desired effect. "Are you sure? That one has giblets." I want to tell them about the time I ate dry dog food but I don't want them to disown me completely.

Don't think I'm quite on your level yet then!
I haven't eaten dog food but food dog

i don't mind getting an iced long black from gloria jeans. Their espresso isn't the best but most people don't get those anyway.

oh shit they have those? Drank the fuck out of iced americanos or lattes when I was staying in Korea last year and missed them round these parts.

Card Boy

Banned
I want to get couple more years out of my PC i bought in 2009 and want to upgrade to Win 10 but have a concern about the free Win 10 promotion.

Currently I am on Win 7 and am on a 7200 rpm HDD, PC takes like 5 minutes to turn on as it hasn't being formatted since getting it and is virus/malware free. I want to put a SSD drive in my PC and want to do a clean install on it with Windows 10. What are my options? Can I grab an iso and do I get giving a Windows 10 CD key and go that way? Or is my only option to install Windows 7 on the SSD fully upgrade it and then do a clean install upgrade to Windows 10?

I plan on buying another gaming PC but this one I'm referring to pisses me off as it takes AGES to get going on the operating system. I usually just turn it on and just do something else for 5 minutes.

Unrelated it has a has a HD 1gig 5870 in it. How much of an upgrade is the GTX 960 2gig card over it? (it's like $250 and you get Akham Knight with it). Keep in mind i want to spend as little as possible boosting this PC and i will get another gaming PC. In the meantime i use my brothers PC if i want to do gaming at the moment.

Current specs are

i7 870 @ 2.93ghz
8 gig RAM
1gig 5870

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
oh shit they have those? Drank the fuck out of iced americanos or lattes when I was staying in Korea last year and missed them round these parts.
It's not the same. I really miss the iced coffees at Korean coffee shops. They were good milky creamy adelaide iced coffees,

Ask for one in aus at a chain and you get a shot of latte poured over some ice.. with cold milk added.

I want to get couple more years out of my PC i bought in 2009 and want to upgrade to Win 10 but have a concern about the free Win 10 promotion.

Might want to ask in the build a pc thread.

I recently formatted my windows 7 computer as I had an issue with some drivers, before I formatted I had the upgrade ad and registered for an upgrade, and now the icon isn't appearing anymore.

Recently on a twitter account someone at Microsoft confirmed that you will be able to do a clean install, but the details of this still haven't been clarified, if I were you I would play it safe and wait till there a more details.

Currently I am on Win 7 and am on a 7200 rpm HDD, PC takes like 5 minutes to turn on as it hasn't being formatted since getting it and is virus/malware free. I want to put a SSD drive in my PC and want to do a clean install on it with Windows 10. What are my options? Can I grab an iso and do I get giving a Windows 10 CD key and go that way? Or is my only option to install Windows 7 on the SSD fully upgrade it and then do a clean install upgrade to Windows 10?

I plan on buying another gaming PC but this one I'm referring to pisses me off as it takes AGES to get going on the operating system. I usually just turn it on and just do something else for 5 minutes.

Unrelated it has a has a HD 1gig 5870 in it. How much of an upgrade is the GTX 960 2gig card over it? (it's like $250 and you get Akham Knight with it). Keep in mind i want to spend as little as possible boosting this PC and i will get another gaming PC. In the meantime i use my brothers PC if i want to do gaming at the moment.

Current specs are

i7 870 @ 2.93ghz
8 gig RAM
1gig 5870

Do not leave multiple installs lying around, even if you get it working it can cause headaches and is generally messy. Format the HDD, then install windows on the new SSD. You'll need to set aside an afternoon for it most likely.

Regarding Batman;

Your CPU meets the minimum specs (i5 750 is min, yours is i7 870). The 8gb RAM is sufficient. The 960 will be between 2 and 2.5x more powerful than the 5870 on average. In some particularly AMD favoured games (e.g. Company of Heroes 2) it will be only maybe 40-50% better but that is an extremely rare case. The 2GB is very limiting esp if you wanted to reuse the card in a new build in a couple of years or something. But I suppose you can't do super much better while also getting the free Batman in that price range.

If you really wanted to skimp it, you could get a 750ti for 180 and then just buy Arkham cheap for 20-30 dollars when people have the codes to sell in the B/S/T thread or cheap on OzGameShop :p

960 is more powerful tho.

It's not the same. I really miss the iced coffees at Korean coffee shops. They were good milky creamy adelaide iced coffees,

Ask for one in aus at a chain and you get a shot of latte poured over some ice.. with cold milk added.

Aww no :'(

How are the korean ones made? I thought it was just espresso shots poured over ice with water or milk

Card Boy

Banned
Do not leave multiple installs lying around, even if you get it working it can cause headaches and is generally messy. Format the HDD, then install windows on the new SSD. You'll need to set aside an afternoon for it most likely.

Can't I just take out my normal HDD, install on the SSD and if everything is OK just format my the other drive after? Not fussed on running Batman, just thought it was a good incentive to buy the 960.

I've been going to the same cafe for the last 2 years now, Migo's on Flinders lane, it's an old guy who makes the coffee and nobody else is allowed to touch the machine, he makes a really nice strong latte that is consistent every single day. That and he's the nicest guy.
That sounds pretty awesome actually lol. Same reason I love Hi Sushi so much. Taste the same every damn time and that's what I want!

guys theyre making a sonic boom 3ds game. it looks ok

Didn't they already make one that bombed?

MoonGred

So my missus is sick and has been home since Monday, I get home yesterday and played a round of splatoon and noticed that I was 2 levels higher than the day before. Turns out she really got into it, which is odd seeing as she hasn't played a game since the nes era.

Kritz

Banned
*blinks* oh god I've been in a witcher coma for the past half a week
I'm not even halfway into the story. I honestly feel a little bad because I'm radically outlevelling the game because I'm doing every single sidequest and contract I come across.

if I don't make it out of witcher alive, I have set a dead man's switch on shitspade that will reveal the location of my gwent deck if anything should happen to me. For use in emergencies only.

MoonGred

You should make it so that incase something happens to you burger citizen gets released in its current state. The world needs a burger sim!

New games, pffft, I literally spent all of yesterday at Point Lookout in Fallout 3. The entire fucking day. I have to beat this game soon and do some work.

OR I could just go with the flow and spend the next 2 weeks playing Fallout 3.

But hey, I'm seeing Jurassic World tomorrow afternoon. My hype level is rather moderate since I've never been a huge JP fan. I recently rewatched the first film again (it has a rather nice 3D conversion) and enjoyed it, but I hated the second and never rewatched or ever bothered with the third. (there's a long list of 90's stuff tht GAF loves that I don't care too much about).

Alls I know is Chris Pratt in it, and that kid in Kentucky in Iron Man 3 who couldn't be fucked doing a Kentucky Accent. And there's Pizza afterwards. That's the important bit.

I have no fucking idea how I'm going to finish TW3. It's so damn long. Every night I'm on there and I barely make any headway. I'm still exploring the countryside for fucks sake! Pretty sure I'm level 13 now, trying to Gwent my way through the population as much as possible to avoid missing a card opportunity due to 'sudden sword through sternum' syndrome that tends to happen every second story mission to random folk.

Also fuck Gwent. It's too good.

EDIT: Point Lookout is great. The one part of Fallout 3 I really enjoyed.

Stackboy

Yeah don't envy me too much, we are just renting. I spoke to the real estate today and it's pretty much in the bag. Really happy with this place. Nice and leafy and plenty of room to set up all our music gear so me and my wife can start playing music again.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Lucina and Robin are up for order on eb games website! They've been going on intermittently over the last few days, will be gone very soon I'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom