• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

do it. if you have any questions about the move (practical shit for aussies moving there, just ask)
Thanks. The company helps out a fair bit with the package they're offering. I get a house, car, assistance with relocation, health insurance etc.... I'm relatively cheap for them, because these sorts of deals usually provide school costs for kids and a bunch of extra stuff for people bringing families.

The big issue for me is that I've only got a couple of months before the move, and I'd like to see as many people as possible before leaving Australia. The job in Texas is something I've been working towards for the last year or so, but now that it's finally happening, it's like there isn't enough time.

Darren870 - it's in Houston.

I think it's twenty something bucks on PSN atm too. Better to wait for PS+ for cheap retail copy though. I love it but it's def an acquired taste.

Darren870 - it's in Houston.

Ooooooo almost made it to superior San Antonio! Sorry Bern. You'll have to settle with the #2 city in Texas :)

Bernbaum

I think it's twenty something bucks on PSN atm too. Better to wait for PS+ for cheap retail copy though. I love it but it's def an acquired taste.

Ooooooo almost made it to superior San Antonio! Sorry Bern. You'll have to settle with the #2 city in Texas :)
Ha. I was rocking the Mills jersey in the gym today. Let's see how long I last in gun-toting H-town wearing that when I go for runs.

Yrael

I didn't really get mine on special, but I've still played a ton of good games on it so I can't complain about the thing. The presentation though, that I can complain about. I mean I get why they have so little to show but they've announced so much stuff earlier this year they could've held off on.

Yeah, I can't say that I haven't gotten my money's worth with the Wii U, and I bought mine at launch. By the end of this year, I'll have:

- Pikmin 3
- Nintendoland
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Super Smash Bros
- Mario Kart 8
- Wind Waker HD
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Super Mario 3D World
- Art Academy Home Studio
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Super Mario Maker
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Hyrule Warriors

Plus various eShop titles. That's a good collection in my books. But yeah, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that development for the Wii U is wrapping up and we can't expect anything else at this point (except Zelda U, which is looking more and more likely to be an NX-cross title). That presentation was horribly underwhelming (the bait-and-switch they pulled with Animal Crossing was especially bad lol).

Shaneus

Hey, does anyone here have a copy of PGR4 (preferably the OG one and not Classics) they don't use anymore? Mine is pretty much cactus and I'm over disk errors every time I try to play it.

Yea, Austin is by far the #1 city of Texas.
I'm assuming you're not being sarcastic? I went there last year during my trip to the Texas Pinball Festival (in Fort Worth) and Austin reminded me a little bit of Melbourne. But cooler. Honestly, if I had to live in the southern US I would probably live there. Dat bible belt.

$3 XB1 games tomorrow at Big W.

Grain of salt and all that.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/198949
No way that could be legit. Or it's, like, Zumba Fitness and there's two copies at each store.

Wait. So there's a list. Could anyone (if there's a copy) grab me Forza 3? Just in case I need it, happy to sling dollars anyone's way.

Deeku

Yeah, I can't say that I haven't gotten my money's worth with the Wii U, and I bought mine at launch. By the end of this year, I'll have:

- Pikmin 3
- Nintendoland
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Super Smash Bros
- Mario Kart 8
- Wind Waker HD
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Super Mario 3D World
- Art Academy Home Studio
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Super Mario Maker
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Hyrule Warriors
man the wii u backlog is kinda crazy. i'll be spending so much money when i get a wii u:/

Darren870

Hey, does anyone here have a copy of PGR4 (preferably the OG one and not Classics) they don't use anymore? Mine is pretty much cactus and I'm over disk errors every time I try to play it.

I'm assuming you're not being sarcastic? I went there last year during my trip to the Texas Pinball Festival (in Fort Worth) and Austin reminded me a little bit of Melbourne. But cooler. Honestly, if I had to live in the southern US I would probably live there. Dat bible belt.

No way that could be legit. Or it's, like, Zumba Fitness and there's two copies at each store.

Wait. So there's a list. Could anyone (if there's a copy) grab me Forza 3? Just in case I need it, happy to sling dollars anyone's way.

Its a great city, one of my favorites. Went there a year and a half ago when I went back home to NY. Took the missus there as we had a free flight anywhere in the US. Picked Austin as the place to go.

Don't know if its better then Melbourne though :p. I love Melbourne.

Edit: I am going to go to Big W in Melb tomorrow morning before work. Ill grab it if I see it. Really doubt the list is true and anything will be there to be honest...
I don't even know why I'm going, don't own an Xbox One. Thought maybe some $3 games would be a good entice for me to get one finally.

From Ozbargain regarding Big W sale...

old fifa14, fifa15 and titanfall xbone bundles going out for $200
Pokemon X /Y 2DS console packs going for $50
PS Vita wifi for $50
X360 250gb console $3 (ridiculous right?! Could be a price keying error)
PS3 Slimline 160gb $50
Xbone skylanders swapforce starter pack $3

PS4 titles all $3:
nfs rivals
battlefield 4
Thief
Rayman legends
Murdered soul
COD ghosts
NBA 2K14
Trials fusion

Darren870

can you upgrade the xboxone with more space after purchase, or are you SOL?

How much space do you realistically need?

Also, what is the going price these days for one? If I see a cheap one tomorrow I may get it.

If anyone from Melb/Geelong is going to Big W tomorrow and find some good deals let me know pretty please! No Big W down here :(

The clearance starts tomorrow apparently.

Would love a backup Vita and a $200 X1! Also any $3 PS4 title or Vita game really :)

I'll check my copy and see if it's OG. Also I'll check for scratches lol

can you upgrade the xboxone with more space after purchase, or are you SOL?

How much space do you realistically need?

Also, what is the going price these days for one? If I see a cheap one tomorrow I may get it.

Can't up the size internally but you can plug in any USB device you want. Not sure what the limit is, probably 2TB.

Darren870

Can't up the size internally but you can plug in any USB device you want. Not sure what the limit is, probably 2TB.

Ahh cool. Ill check the Melb store tomorrow morning and post in here if there is anything of note.

I am only expecting to see 100 copies of Disney music fantasia though.

Seems that the South Yarra store is scanning at $3 already. The City Centre store is a bust though. Someone said everything is gone

Shaneus

If anyone from Melb/Geelong is going to Big W tomorrow and find some good deals let me know pretty please! No Big W down here :(

The clearance starts tomorrow apparently.

Would love a backup Vita and a $200 X1! Also any $3 PS4 title or Vita game really :)

I'll check my copy and see if it's OG. Also I'll check for scratches lol
Wait what? Bones are going for $200? Get outta here. I didn't even notice that in the original post. I'm tempted to go to a Big W tonight and hide some around the store... but I have dinner with my parents. If I knew about it I would've totally gone to the QV one and nabbed it. Maybe my girlfriend could suss out the one in Geelong tomorrow during her lunch break.

Shit. Wanted a One as well.

BTW You sure you don't play PGR4 anymore? I don't even really need the cover, just the disc. Hell, I'm not even fussed if it's classic or not (even though it's preferred to be original).

Its a great city, one of my favorites. Went there a year and a half ago when I went back home to NY. Took the missus there as we had a free flight anywhere in the US. Picked Austin as the place to go.

Don't know if its better then Melbourne though :p. I love Melbourne.

Edit: I am going to go to Big W in Melb tomorrow morning before work. Ill grab it if I see it. Really doubt the list is true and anything will be there to be honest...
I don't even know why I'm going, don't own an Xbox One. Thought maybe some $3 games would be a good entice for me to get one finally.
I might do that too. I normally start at 8:30 but maybe I could swing a late start if I work through lunch or something.

Edit #2: Oh shit, they open at 8am! I'll be there with bells on. Will keep an eye out for things if people want them. But dibs on any consoles ;)

There's no Big W particularly close to me, and OzBargainers are a rabid bunch. I'll just skip it, even though an Xbone is tempting at $200.

Gazunta

Haven't logged into GAF in a while let's see what's going on and WHAT THE FUCK BERN'S LEAVING THE COUNTRY AND NOW I HAVE TO FIGHT THE IGNORANT SAVAGES THAT LIVE IN MY BULLSHIT SUBURB TO BUY AN XBONE GOD FUCKING DAMN IT FUCK THIS THREAD

Resilient

Tried to source one store but they won't start till tomorrow. Guys at the counter stockpiling the game tho. The perks of working in retail I guess.

Let's get some sort of GAF collective happening here and just buy the shit out of whatever we can. I'm happy to pick up some consoles/games and sell them at cost price to interested parties.

Assuming I can get anything, that is!

Darren870

Nothing in s yarra. Like 4 people here trying to grab stuff. Clearly people just flipping it asking which are $3.

Plus a lot of people asking for the $3 consoles..

Said between 3 people they grabbed over 100 games

Darren870

Anyone want me to look for anything else? Not much left to be honest but now I have time to kill.

Some guys are just buying anything. Don't think they realize some of these 360 or ds games have no resell value.

There is some 3ds stuff though.

Yrael

Definitely interested in a $50 PlayStation 3, but I doubt there'll be many left.

If anyone here finds one, I'd be happy to buy it from you!

Shaneus

Nothing in s yarra. Like 4 people here trying to grab stuff. Clearly people just flipping it asking which are $3.

Plus a lot of people asking for the $3 consoles..

Said between 3 people they grabbed over 100 games
Yeah, there was that one guy from OzB that had $54 of $3 games. Bummed I didn't get a console though. If anyone wants to keep an eye out for me, I'd be most grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom