• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Grabbed

Mario Tennis 3DS
Dead or Alive 3DS
Street Fighter 4 3DS
Metal Gear Revengeance PS3
Soul Calibur V PS3
Time Crisis PS3
Beat The Beat Rhythm Paradise Wii
Fantasia 360

for $23 at Big W Browns Plains. I was just scanning random games and seeing what came up as $3, pretty happy with getting what I got. DoA and SF4 are for some of the kids at work.

I will probably never play any of these

Cerity

Grabbed

Mario Tennis 3DS
Dead or Alive 3DS
Street Fighter 4 3DS
Metal Gear Revengeance PS3
Soul Calibur V PS3
Time Crisis PS3
Beat The Beat Rhythm Paradise Wii
Fantasia 360

for $23 at Big W Browns Plains. I was just scanning random games and seeing what came up as $3, pretty happy with getting what I got. DoA and SF4 are for some of the kids at work.

I will probably never play any of these

Actually was going to check out browns plains tomorrow morning. I'm guessing there's no consoles left?

*Head Explodes* Wait so there are $100 WiiUs and $200 PS4s? Oh my sweet baby jesus, Wanted a PS4 but I also want a WiiU for Game Nights with mates. Oh my lord would it be too late in the morning?

Depends on the store. Check out Ozbargain, people have been talking about what they found this evening at assorted stores.

Reports on OzBargain say my closest Big W is already cleaned out. Not at all surprised. Wouldn't have said no to a Wii U with a ton of games for $150, but I'll live.

Some of those OzBargainers are awful, just awful. I'd rather miss out than contend with the likes of these scavengers. People buying 100+ games just to trade or onsell. Long as they got theirs, right?

I saw Jurassic World. It wasn't bad.

It was an absolute mess top to bottom. Insane. I feel like the director had a worse time than Fincher had on Alien 3 because holy shit, it's like 5 different movies in there. Wow. I'm insanely impressed it actually plays pretty well. Like I said, it isn't a bad movie, it's just an insane mess. Just spent the last hour talking with the wife about how much doesn't make sense or mesh with other things/themes/etc. I am so confused at how it's still a quite entertaining movie. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Favourite part was the park owner though. Holy shit he was great!

Well not only was Big W not open when I got off the bus after reading this message, but then as a result of fiddling with my umbrella after getting back ON the next bus, I forgot to put my wallet in my pocket and now I lost it on the bus.

Also the dickwad at metro decided to tell me to chase the bus in a car instead of taking my name and number for lost property. And now I can't even get through to the answering machine at Metro.

Wow
Holy shit sorry to hear dude that's awful :(

Some of those OzBargainers are awful, just awful. I'd rather miss out than contend with the likes of these scavengers. People buying 100+ games just to trade or onsell. Long as they got theirs, right?

Correct, they're ravenous. I thought about making an account a few years back to post up bargains but some of the attitudes there made me feel a little dirty thinking about it.

Mannn I'd fucking love some of those listed PS4/Vita/WiiU games. Oh well, can't do much about it now. I'll have to keep my eye on eBay to pick them up semi-cheap lol.

Mannn I'd fucking love some of those listed PS4/Vita/WiiU games. Oh well, can't do much about it now. I'll have to keep my eye on eBay to pick them up semi-cheap lol.

Which games are you looking for? I scoped out my local Big W this evening (nothing was on sale yet) and they had a good number of PS4 and Vita titles. Dick all Wii U titles unless you want a copy of Sonic Lost World, Nintendoland or Mario & Sonic Olympics. They did have Trauma Centre Wii and Twilight Princess which may/may not be part of the deal.

Rezbit

Reports on OzBargain say my closest Big W is already cleaned out. Not at all surprised. Wouldn't have said no to a Wii U with a ton of games for $150, but I'll live.

Yeah I'm gonna go and have a look tomorrow but not holding my breath. Gotta compete with staff and OzBargainers. I mean are people really that desperate to make a quick buck?

im sending my parents to go in the morning on open since they said theyll be up anyway lol. im gonna head into the big w near work on lunch to see as well. never know

Which games are you looking for? I scoped out my local Big W this evening (nothing was on sale yet) and they had a good number of PS4 and Vita titles. Dick all Wii U titles unless you want a copy of Sonic Lost World, Nintendoland or Mario & Sonic Olympics. They did have Trauma Centre Wii and Twilight Princess which may/may not be part of the deal.
Vita
AC3 Liberation
Batman Blackgate
FIFA
God of War Collection
Jak & Daxter Collection
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Sly Racoon Collection

PS4
FIFA
Murdered Soul Suspect
Need for Speed Rivals
Rayman Legends
Thief

They are the ones I'm keen on if available! Wish work had something up Geelong/Melbourne way for me to drive up to tomorrow >_<

Jintor

it's 2015 and people are still insane religious zealots about the console wars. threads full of people declaring "i've been a nintendo fan since 19xx and they've burned me for the last time!" but will come crawling back once a new mainline metroid or zelda gets announced. people feeling personally betrayed that nintendo fucked up. I don't understand the mentality of people who buy hardware for games that don't exist yet, nor do I understand the mentality of people who put a ridiculous amount of stock in the future direction of a company that won't materialise for almost two-three years. They're so obsessed with how well their company performs sometimes I don't think they bother playing the games that are actually out.

Sure, their presentation absolutely sucked and their first-party software lineup looks anemic. But who cares? It's almost entirely exclusive and if you want to play those games you'll have to get this console, and if you don't, then don't buy it and life will continue.

smh

Big W Orion, VKS?

If you could report back on how grim the situation is it would be appreciated. It probably wont be worth trying after work tomorrow but you never know.
Will do. I'm packing Squirrel Jr's day bag as we speak.
Want a $200 PS4 to go with your $200 Xbone?

Full list of sale stuff is here and it's truly insane!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pnYFVN9XpHwGt9baI9wGNW1vCE7ZM6f1Ch-IEWChkZs/pubhtml#
Sweet mother of mercy. Wii U Pro Controller for $10? Pikmin 3 and New Luigi U for $3? Wind Waker HD (which I already have digitally) is even tempting at $3.

I might just switch my purchase to a PS4 if there's one available. It now plays 3D Blu Rays and has DLNA support, both of which had me eliminate it from the running for a replacement Blu Ray player.
Depends on the store. Check out Ozbargain, people have been talking about what they found this evening at assorted stores.
Did a Ctrl+F for Orion Springfield and nobody's mentioned it.

bomma_man

it's 2015 and people are still insane religious zealots about the console wars. threads full of people declaring "i've been a nintendo fan since 19xx and they've burned me for the last time!" but will come crawling back once a new mainline metroid or zelda gets announced. people feeling personally betrayed that nintendo fucked up. I don't understand the mentality of people who buy hardware for games that don't exist yet, nor do I understand the mentality of people who put a ridiculous amount of stock in the future direction of a company that won't materialise for almost two-three years. They're so obsessed with how well their company performs sometimes I don't think they bother playing the games that are actually out.

Sure, their presentation absolutely sucked and their first-party software lineup looks anemic. But who cares? It's almost entirely exclusive and if you want to play those games you'll have to get this console, and if you don't, then don't buy it and life will continue.

smh

These people are literally mentally I'll imo

Roulette

Charlestown was a bust. Only one game from the list and it scanned at full price. The shelves looked stripped, though. Predictable.

Yep just some crappy accessories here and 360 games. The bastards were already open to business when I got here 10mins before opening time with people swarming to electronics

trinest

No consoles in Tamworth, way to new stock (though I think there might of been the DSs and 360 though? But I was set on a PS4). Games in normal section and lots of it newer stock anyway. I just bought a few games I wanted to play on Xbox One then left it at there. No 101 on Wii U, though I didn't give the 3DS section a hard look, but most of it seemed newer games then on clearance.

Pretty sure the guy there roaming the games section when I got there was prepairing to Ozbargin it up.

Staff unware of sale even today, they where like "$3...serious, surely that's an error, and I was like "epic awesome games clearance *hands phone LOOK AT THIS LIST*". So I've probably stuffed it up for everyone else cause she said she was going to scan them, either that or they might be in a clearance bin soon. At least before old bud gets to them maybe.

I did alright with my Big W. About a dozen people were waiting at opening. No consoles, but decent selection of Xbone, Ps4 games etc.

Scored myself

- Trauma Centre
- Nintendo land
- Mario and sonic Olympics
- Murdered PS4 (plus an extra copy for reptilescorpio!)
- COD Ghosts

Nabbed a few Xbone games for whoever wants them.

- Murdered
- COD Ghosts
- UFC
- Titanfall

Shaneus

Yep nothing here. Just xbones but fuck that.
What, games or consoles? Grab one if you're still there?

These people are literally mentally I'll imo
Pretty much. I didn't realise the ratio of people commenting on OzB to people actually reading it. I went last night and this morning to QV and even this morning people were rifling through shit.

Still no consoles though. Except the guy did say (he even showed me their computers that have stock levels/prices, was super nice!) that while the TF bundle was cancelled, one of the FIFA bundles was "OR" (which I think means they still order it in). Maybe that was the FIFA 15 one, I can't remember. Bummed I didn't get a console though, but given it looks like they didn't have any at all (and neither did Geelong) I can honestly say I tried.

trinest

I did alright with my Big W. About a dozen people were waiting at opening. No consoles, but decent selection of Xbone, Ps4 games etc.

Scored myself

- Trauma Centre
- Nintendo land
- Mario and sonic Olympics
- Murdered PS4 (plus an extra copy for reptilescorpio!)
- COD Ghosts

Nabbed a few Xbone games for whoever wants them.

- Murdered
- COD Ghosts
- UFC
- Titanfall

Wait Titanfall?

I don't think saw it at mine. At least I'm pretty sure.

Wait Titanfall?

I don't think saw it at mine. At least I'm pretty sure.

I just checked and its Trials Fusion, not Titanfall. Oops!

I'll do those Xbone games for cost price to whoever wants them. What I really want is Rayman PS4 or any of the good Wii U games!

My folks grabbed 3 PS3s, Mum said they were $50 so I'm hoping they're the larger HDD ones. Shes gonna try get me a 2DS too, plus a few 3DS games.

This is at Sunshine BigW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom