• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Had two xbones here but was 3rd in line. They mysteriously went from having a few consoles at the back, to only those two lol. They didn't know about it so I'm guessing the guy wanted more time to look at them.

Shaneus

Had two xbones here but was 3rd in line. They mysteriously went from having a few consoles at the back, to only those two lol. They didn't know about it so I'm guessing the guy wanted more time to look at them.
Did you wind up getting a One?

hamchan

What a nice morning drive for me. Haven't done that in a while. I don't care that I didn't get any consoles, any 2DSs and Vitas would be excess since I already own multiple of those consoles and an Xbone would have been nice but there really isn't anything I want to play on that.

But man, some people were upset that they didn't have any consoles. Really condescending and just rude to the workers. I'm glad I don't seem to care as much as these people.

Rezbit

Bought some cheap shit. Got my gf some brain training stuff, I got batman on wii u. Got cod ghosts ps4 if anyone wants it.

Yrael

I was going out to pick up my fixed laptop so I thought I may as well stop by a Big W just before it opened. There were 15 other people already waiting. One guy actually sprinted straight to the games section the moment the door rolled up, lololol, but everyone else was civil and well-behaved.

The store had already had a few people buying stock the previous evening so I didn't get any games I wanted - but I did manage to score a cheap PS3. Yay. :) Been wanting one of these for a while.

Maximo

BIG W NSW, Menai and Miranda are not doing any deals on PS4 or XboxOne. My heart is crushed.
Met some nice guys around my age had a good chat and comment about the insanity of it all. Even met a guy that's hosting a game conference at my local university, got a invite so the day wasn't all bad! Grabbed a few games PS3 bundle for cheap and some disney infinity bundles for cheap. Might just put that towards the PS4.

Darren870

I oddly really want an Xbox One now :(

Bast 2 years has been nothing but Candy Crush and Radical Repelling (as of recent) that I want to sit down in front of the TV for a bit!

Gazunta

sometimes being in charge of a studio of geeks is good. For every game their friends / partners get me, they get to leave a half hour early. Got Xcom Bureau, Enslaved and Darskiders II from them so far. Bwahahah
I will never play any of these games

trinest

sometimes being in charge of a studio of geeks is good. For every game their friends / partners get me, they get to leave a half hour early. Got Xcom Bureau, Enslaved and Darskiders II from them so far. Bwahahah
I will never play any of these games

If everyone in the studio does it, do you get an early mark too?

ZeroX03

Banned
Managed to get a Pokemon X 2DS Bundle, Xbox One Starter Kit, PS Move Charger and 2 x Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack Wii U, all up $62 so I'm quite happy.

Really wanted to get an XB1 bundle but the store had no PS4/XB1/PS3/360 consoles available.

Gazunta

So all up I got

Dead or Alive 3DS - gave away to someone at work
Super SF4 3DS - gave away to someone at work (OK this was bought just so I have someone to play SF4 against during lunch) \
Fantasia 360
Soul Calibur V PS3
Metal Gear Reveanghehsgdjce PS3
Mario Tennis 3DS
Time Crisis PS3
Beat The Beat Rhythm Heaven Wii
Xcom Bureau 360
Darksiders II 360
Enslaved 360
Sonic Generations 360

Guys, if there's anything on this list that you're really really keen to have, lemme know. To be honest I'll probably never really play much of this - I'll probably give Mario Tennis a serve today and take a shot at Time Crisis (oh wait did that require Move? I didn't even check) and maaaybe the wife will want a bash of Soul Calibur V but I'd rather someone on AusGAF get something they were actively looking for instead of me hoarding it unplayed. I mean I'm sure I'll play all of them eventually when I get my room set up finally :)

Shaneus

Guys, if there's anything on this list that you're really really keen to have, lemme know. To be honest I'll probably never really play much of this - I'll probably give Mario Tennis a serve today and take a shot at Time Crisis (oh wait did that require Move? I didn't even check) and maaaybe the wife will want a bash of Soul Calibur V but I'd rather someone on AusGAF get something they were actively looking for instead of me hoarding it unplayed. I mean I'm sure I'll play all of them eventually when I get my room set up finally :)
I'm pretty sure I have some limited box thing of Soul Calibur V (it came in some book-looking thing?) that I've literally never played. Hell, the amount of games I've never even opened is astounding.

Still think I'll give my $3 copy of CoD Ghosts a go, though. It's supposed to be okay.

And Time Crisis for PS3... hmmm... almost be tempted if I ever played my PS3 :/

The are going to make sooooo much money. eBay don't care, more money in their pockets.
I know. It just pisses me off. Fair enough maybe put a $50 finders fee on top (and they're probably from places I couldn't find one anyway), but people just get greedy :(

Resilient

So all up I got

Dead or Alive 3DS - gave away to someone at work
Super SF4 3DS - gave away to someone at work (OK this was bought just so I have someone to play SF4 against during lunch)
Fantasia 360
Soul Calibur V PS3
Metal Gear Reveanghehsgdjce PS3
Mario Tennis 3DS
Time Crisis PS3
Beat The Beat Rhythm Heaven Wii
Xcom Bureau 360
Darksiders II 360
Enslaved 360
Sonic Generations 360

If you can part with the copy of Mario Tennis 3ds I'd be keen. Let me know how much you want for it!

Maximo

Not really in the spirit of things but at least some PC devs benefit I guess.

Funny the few guys that were there we all agreed one console per person and if someone wanted a game and someone else had a bunch of them they would give him one. Really great people there everyone was friendly helping others find games or call up different stores to see if they had any in Stock.

Deeku

Ok now that I think about it, even if I was in syd I would have no chance of getting anything from this sale considering you have to get there early and what not. Nice work to those who got stuff tho!

Play Rhythm Heaven!!

Funny the few guys that were there we all agreed one console per person and if someone wanted a game and someone else had a bunch of them they would give him one. Really great people there everyone was friendly helping others find games or call up different stores to see if they had any in Stock.
See that warms the heart to hear :)

Shaneus

The are going to make sooooo much money. eBay don't care, more money in their pockets.
lol update:
bWk34b7.png

I suppose the upshot of this is that ~$300 will be seen as the norm for used Xbox One consoles and should drive prices down overall. Sure it's not $200, but if I can avoid giving any of these scum-sucking vultures any money, I will.

See that warms the heart to hear :)
That's pretty fucking awesome. I think there were one or two people at QV in Melb last night too. At least, that's how I scored a copy of FM5, a guy just put it back while I was sifting through. Could easily have kept it and onsold for much more.

Rep: I still have a copy of Ghosts for you, too. Maybe we could swap with PGR4 (if you're still willing to part with it)?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
No PS4 or XboxOne sales in 3 different stores around my Area, super bummed =(
Bummer :(
I didn't need the xbone on sale but I wouldn't have been able to say no if it was haha. So probably for the best. Shoes will keep me content for now lol

Sum lucky bugger got Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3. Nintendo games rarely get to half price let alone 3 fucking dollars.

Dimefan3

So at Big W in Bendigo, I got Gears of War Judgement for 360, NBA2K for PS4, and a few accessories for Wii U. 11 bucks all up.

Wasn't really much there, but still a good deal.

Dryk

Sure, their presentation absolutely sucked and their first-party software lineup looks anemic. But who cares? It's almost entirely exclusive and if you want to play those games you'll have to get this console, and if you don't, then don't buy it and life will continue.

smh
They had a big enough lineup to make a good E3 presentation. They just blew it all earlier in the year/week. Earthbound and #FE should've been held off until that presentation. Maybe the Smash stuff too. Then it would've been fine.

Guys, if there's anything on this list that you're really really keen to have, lemme know.
I'd be interested in Rhythm Heaven Wii if you're willing to part with it.

Sum lucky bugger got Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3. Nintendo games rarely get to half price let alone 3 fucking dollars.
Bloody hell. o_O;; They certainly hit the jackpot there. I'd seen a (full price) copy of W101 at my local store when I went there only the other week, but it was nowhere to be found this morning.

Shaneus

lol, a guy who was selling an XBO for $498 knocked back my offer for $275. That's my limit, and IMO a more than fair finders fee (actually a little higher but he was including postage).

Give it a week, I reckon this will drive the prices for used XBOs down quite a bit. I hope.

lol, a guy who was selling an XBO for $498 knocked back my offer for $275. That's my limit, and IMO a more than fair finders fee (actually a little higher but he was including postage).

Give it a week, I reckon this will drive the prices for used XBOs down quite a bit. I hope.
Yeah any more than that is silly when you look at how cheap bundle prices got. Wouldn't pay more than $250 tbh.

God, what a tool! $498 is fucking laughable!

Shaneus

Yeah any more than that is silly when you look at how cheap bundle prices got. Wouldn't pay more than $250 tbh.
Yup. I think I'm going to wait until they're on sale at Target. If they drop to, say, $400 and I get 20% off, I could get a brand new one for a little over $300 without lining anyone's pockets. And I reckon with the 1TB out soon it'll hit that well and truly before FM6.

God, what a tool! $498 is fucking laughable!
Yup! Also laughable is that guy who "wanted to make a little profit" rather than return the console. He ended his old auction and started a new one without that comment. Whoops.

senahorse

As much as it sucks, I kind of don't blame the retail staff snapping up items to resell. Many moons ago I worked retail and it was the pits with the way you were treated and awarded etc, no doubt I would have done the same (after taking care of friends and family of course).

Struggling to find New 3DS face plates that don't look like garbage. Only 3 cool ones I could find. This is disappointing, I was hoping for a thriving fake market tbh!

As much as it sucks, I kind of don't blame the retail staff snapping up items to resell. Many moons ago I worked retail and it was the pits with the way you were treated and awarded etc, no doubt I would have done the same (after taking care of friends and family of course).

Yeah I'm not too fussed if it's Big W employees reselling the shit. They are working a shit job for low pay dealing with idiots in the store, need to have a perk once in a while!

I get plenty of work related benefits so I can't be too shitty when others get the same. Sucks for consumers but hey, that's how it goes.

hamchan

When I was working Myer they had some blowout of a bunch of blu ray box sets. Got Harry Potter and Star Wars complete sets for like $20 each etc. So yeah I don't blame workers for taking advantage of sale time to snap up all the good deals. I sure as heck would.

When I was shift manager at a pizza joint I basically lived off free/leftover pizza and pasta for 12 months. The pay was shit but I spent basically nothing on food lol.

Thanks for the heads-up on the main page yesterday, guys. Managed to get some good PS3/360 games, and to my delight, Tearaway for $3! (Next step, finally buy a Vita.) There were quite a few people there when I went, but everyone was very respectful and polite to each other, I was pleasantly surprised.

senahorse

I worked at DSE, before and just after woolies took over. Before it was great, the discount we got was cost price + 10%, the cost of some items where just ridiculous. I always remember the vhs cleaning cassette, RRP $20, my price $1.50 or so. Then Woolworths came in and took over, the discount was changed to a flat 5% because Woolies employee's complained, and then staff numbers were cut, employee parties cancelled etc etc.

Fuck them, they get pandered to daily. Can you imagine being the kind of fuckwit that abuses people in their workplace because they didn't have any cheap toys in stock? That's a consumer for you.

Yep, and if you want to keep your job in that kind of environment you just have to grin and bear it and keep saying sorry etc, can be such a demoralising environment to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom