• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

As much as it sucks, I kind of don't blame the retail staff snapping up items to resell. Many moons ago I worked retail and it was the pits with the way you were treated and awarded etc, no doubt I would have done the same (after taking care of friends and family of course).
For themselves? I don't mind. But for reselling I think it's a pretty shit practice. For that matter, fuck everyone looking to make a profit on it.

That reminds me. Rep, that copy of Ghosts is $20 if that's cool.
j/k, but are you cool to swap it for PGR like I mentioned before? Okay if not, you can have it for free anyway :)

Reposting

Was anybody in ausgaf interested in a moderately used gtx970?

Upgraded to 980ti and looking to offload somewhere that isn't ebay. Tasmanians preferred since then I don't really have to ship.

$300 negotiable. It's the gigabyte g1 oc model which still trailed new for around 520.

Dryk

Reposting

Upgraded to 980ti and looking to offload somewhere that isn't ebay. Tasmanians preferred since then I don't really have to ship.

$300 negotiable. It's the gigabyte g1 oc model which still trailed new for around 520.
I would but I don't think there's room in my case for a card that long. I'm going to get a 970 but the EVGA ones are the only ones comparable in size to my 560 Ti. I'm not getting a new case until I do a full rebuild.

For themselves? I don't mind. But for reselling I think it's a pretty shit practice. For that matter, fuck everyone looking to make a profit on it.

That reminds me. Rep, that copy of Ghosts is $20 if that's cool.
j/k, but are you cool to swap it for PGR like I mentioned before? Okay if not, you can have it for free anyway :)
I saw I just gotta check I have PGR4 somewhere and the child hasn't used it for skating around on lol

Reposting

$3 seems more reasonable tbh

Omikron

Reposting

Former Tasmanian ok? :>

Jimrpg

Horrible people.

I live overseas at the moment and coming back on Sunday... so i missed the sale by 3 days . At least I got Steam Sales to tide me over. Here's hoping Kmart or someone else does a sale but when I went there over Christmas Kmart were basically getting out of the gaming business.

Anyways got my bro to go to Big W Waverley Gardens, he's going to Ringwood and Lilydale too.

Got Red Dead Redemption for 360, Art Academy for DS, Mario Tennis for 3DS... (I need a 3DS). Still a few copies of nba2k14 on 360 left, deus ex human rev on PS3, Lego Hobbit on Wii U at Waverley Gardens. Apart from that, the lady said a guy came in yesterday afternoon and picked it clean. consoles and everything. Boo that man!

EDIT: nothing at Ringwood and Lilydale

Stackboy

Wow that sale sounds like a bloodbath! People act like savages for cheap games.

Been enjoying E3, plenty of good games to look forward to.

Mum grabbed me a PS3 12gb Skylanders bundle, LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 DS, Super Street Fighter 4 3ds, Steel Diver 3ds and Dead Rising 2 PS3.

More than happy, everyone's going mental over current gen and I'm all ecstatic over last gen. Does PSN+ do PS3 games anymore lol

Fusebox

Banned
Mum grabbed me a PS3 12gb Skylanders bundle, LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 DS, Super Street Fighter 4 3ds, Steel Diver 3ds and Dead Rising 2 PS3.

More than happy, everyone's going mental over current gen and I'm all ecstatic over last gen. Does PSN+ do PS3 games anymore lol

I thought your mum got 3 x PS3s? She gonna flip the rest on eBay?

2+ ps3 games per month on PS+!

Cerity

Nando's is such a tragic place for a first date, rip to the clueless 17~ year old I saw when I went to pick up my order. I hope you learned your lesson, your girl wasn't looking impressed at all.

I went into my local Big W and had a look through their bin section tonight at about 6pm. All they had were like 50 copies of Gears 3. I saw a Vita in the cabinet and asked about the price, hoping it was one of the $50 sku, still full price.

I asked if they had any consoles left on sale, the lady at the counter said no. Luckily another worker was walking past and said "oh, we did have an Xbox on sale". She went behind the counter and pulled out a Titanfall bundle. So friggin stocked, I have the console trifecta now. People scalping are fuckin shit.

I went into my local Big W and had a look through their bin section tonight at about 6pm. All they had were like 50 copies of Gears 3. I saw a Vita in the cabinet and asked about the price, hoping it was one of the $50 sku, still full price.

I asked if they had any consoles left on sale, the lady at the counter said no. Luckily another worker was walking past and said "oh, we did have an Xbox on sale". She went behind the counter and pulled out a Titanfall bundle. So friggin stocked, I have the console trifecta now. People scalping are fuckin shit.

Bam! nice one

Nice work! I bet a staff member put that behind there for themselves lol

Jimrpg

Congrats!

Big w please put more games on sale!!! and make it one copy per customer!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
The adorable 30th anniversary Mario amiibos are available for pre order at eb games.
They look cool.
I have a problem.

Shaneus

Lucky! Where was this?

is it possible to use a US code for the Master Chief collection on an Aussie Xbox with Aussie account? Someone is selling it for $20 US, wouldn't mind it for that price.

Pretty sure that's a yes. You can at the very worst make a US account and play it on your AU account I think. I know a few people who were buying all their X1 games through the US store until our dollar went to shit.

Retail copy is $34 at Target. Gumtree should have it cheap too since it's been bundled to hell and back.

You can do 68 from OzGameShop if you don't mind potentially waiting a week or two after launch :p

tempting, but I've been hanging out for a big game all year. Splatoon aside, it's been a pretty shitty six months as far as games I give a shit about. The Order was fucking awful and BB/W3/Project Cars aren't my cup of tea.

so yeah Day 1 is preferable, as is console otherwise I would have snapped up one of those OGS/GMG PC deals.

My advice would be build a beastly gaming rig and get it on PC for 25 bucks off someone who got an Nvidia code.

┌(▀Ĺ̯▀)┐

My advice would be build a beastly gaming rig and get it on PC for 25 bucks off someone who got an Nvidia code.

┌(▀Ĺ̯▀)┐

spend 1500 to save $30. gotcha. I'm probably just gonna JB it unless Dick Smith or Big W do something special- if they are, they're being very quiet about it. the game only shows up on JB's website, ATM.

Did you ever find your wallet?
Also, do Tasmanians have extra large wallets to accommodate needing twice as many ID cards?

please don't hurt me

Gazunta

Yes I got my wallet back, cash in tact and all. I live a charmed life.

image.php

Jintor

Nando's is such a tragic place for a first date, rip to the clueless 17~ year old I saw when I went to pick up my order. I hope you learned your lesson, your girl wasn't looking impressed at all.

yo gotta go to a hotdog place

ladies love hotdogs

Kritz

Banned
There's a gourmet hot dog place called Brat Time in Hobart.

They make these god tier salted caramel brownies, omg

wait how have I never heard of this

it's in the Elizabeth strip?

--

I saw some two kids going on what could only be a first date at Hudsons. I was going to judge them until I realised that I was also in Hudsons. They seemed to be enjoying it.

wait how have I never heard of this

it's in the Elizabeth strip?

--

I saw some two kids going on what could only be a first date at Hudsons. I was going to judge them until I realised that I was also in Hudsons. They seemed to be enjoying it.

If you tell me you've never had hotdogs, I'll shout you lunch there one day. Or dinner tonight since it's open for dins.

And yes it's in the difficult-to-see underground area with poor signage next to a news agency in that strip.

Kritz

Banned
I feel like I should do it the other way where I say that I've occasionally had really underwhelming hotdogs and I'll shout you lunch one day.

Jimrpg

spend 1500 to save $30. gotcha. I'm probably just gonna JB it unless Dick Smith or Big W do something special- if they are, they're being very quiet about it. the game only shows up on JB's website, ATM.

It is expensive in Australia to build a PC at the moment, but the best thing about the PC is the backwards compatibility... Steam is king! You can build a decent mid tier rig for $800-1000. I've basically forgotten my consoles existed the last couple of months because of my new PC and the games I've saved up on Steam over the years.

r1chard

Last weekend in October again! Woo! Best weekend of the year.
Yeah, can't go. Clashes again with the OpenStack summit. At least I get to go to Tokyo tho, it's been on my list for ages (even though I'll spend 95% of my time there indoors at the summit...)

Hm. I'm almost in a state where RingwoodGAF games should be doable again. Anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom