• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

So I recently had some computer troubles and found out that my main PCI x16 express slot was dead. I have inserted my video card in to the x8 slot.

What kind of performance hit could I expect form this?

For reference my GPU is an AMD 7970.

senahorse

So I recently had some computer troubles and found out that my main PCI x16 express slot was dead. I have inserted my video card in to the x8 slot.

What kind of performance hit could I expect form this?

For reference my GPU is an AMD 7970.

I would say negligable at most, depends how much overclocking you are doing and what PCI-E is it, 2 or 3?

edit: I found an article for you:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5458/the-radeon-hd-7970-reprise-pcie-bandwidth-overclocking-and-msaa

Basically, if you are using PCI-E v3 8x you will be fine, if you are on the older PCI-E 2.0 there will be a bit of a hit in some cases.

hidys

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeah, can't go. Clashes again with the OpenStack summit. At least I get to go to Tokyo tho, it's been on my list for ages (even though I'll spend 95% of my time there indoors at the summit...)

Hm. I'm almost in a state where RingwoodGAF games should be doable again. Anyone interested?

Yeh i'm keen.

we should do it without Brad, so your Lego doesn't get broken.

also, guys, packing to move is really boring. like holy shit. i have 12 hours and I really cbs.

awesome sauceome

This the best video of E3 (Giant Bomb). It starts going pear shaped a few minutes in. You're just waiting for them to come to blows. These aren't journos, they're ex-Midway guys who are now executives at major developers. Can you spot who's going to wake up with regret tomorrow?

https://youtu.be/ysKExiHQvd4?t=3h50m17s

Lang & Vignocchi are always fucking amazing. Best part of Giant Bomb every year lol

Meh. When was the SydneyGaf meetup? Have I missed it? Don't come in here enough. Anyway in Melbourne on the 8th August, the wife is at a conference on obesity and I'm meeting a mate from school I haven't seen in 25 years, so anyone wants to come for an afternoon Beer would be welcome. Anyway, if not where's good in Melbourne for an Arvo Beer? Staying at the Hilton in South Wharf wherever the fuck that is, suggestions for Beer sellers?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Meh. When was the SydneyGaf meetup? Have I missed it? Don't come in here enough. Anyway in Melbourne on the 8th August, the wife is at a conference on obesity and I'm meeting a mate from school I haven't seen in 25 years, so anyone wants to come for an afternoon Beer would be welcome. Anyway, if not where's good in Melbourne for an Arvo Beer? Staying at the Hilton in South Wharf wherever the fuck that is, suggestions for Beer sellers?

It was on the 6th.. yeah you totally missed it :p

Yo Pokemon Shuffle is awesome.

Beaten by someone younger and more handsome: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=167580966

I actually took the day off for that deal. Now I'm having second thoughts and wondering if I should just get Yoshi and Kirby and hold off on PS4 for a while.

Yoshi might be alright. Kirby sounds/looks like a pass (again). Won't buy Yoshi though unless the Amiibo bundle is cheapish, if they launch that at $60 (very possible at Target) I'll grab one. Gameplay I've seen hasn't really got me keen.

Cerity

just re: graphics card talks earlier. If you're still on sandybridge, your motherboard might support pci-e 3.0 but the fastest your card will run at is at pci-e 2.0.

Fusebox

Banned
I was put off Kirby when I saw how much of the game was spent staring at the Wii U controller screen instead of the TV screen.

Kirby is a neat little game and the clay aesthetic is really cute. Yoshi looks adorable and I'm keen to play it even if it does end up being a little easy and simple like Kirby's Epic Yarn was.

I really love the look of the new Kirby game but I've heard that it wasn't great, and relies fairly heavily on multiplayer/ amiibos/ Wiiu controller. Any truth in that? Or should I go ahead and get it with Yoshi's epic yarn :3

I was put off Kirby when I saw how much of the game was spent staring at the Wii U controller screen instead of the TV screen.

Yeah, it definitely felt to me like the kind of game I could really only play on the Gamepad off screen because it's hard to get the precision you need drawing your lines and stuff if you're looking up at the TV and not down where you're actually drawing.

That's understandably a downside for some, and the game does look a bit brighter/richer colourwise on the TV so that's definitely a loss when you're staring at the Gamepad the whole time instead, but I mostly just accepted it for what it was and played it as a "handheld" game in bed.

I really love the look of the new Kirby game but I've heard that it wasn't great, and relies fairly heavily on multiplayer/ amiibos/ Wiiu controller. Any truth in that? Or should I go ahead and get it with Yoshi's epic yarn :3

Multiplayer and Amiibo stuff never really seemed like it would be that prominent to me, but like I said above it's more or less a Gamepad-only game because you can't really be looking up at the TV while you play.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
What's the best place to buy a ps vita and what size of memory card should I get if I want to go digital?

Fusebox

Banned
What's the best place to buy a ps vita and what size of memory card should I get if I want to go digital?

Dunno who has it cheapest atm (although I have a Vita slim I've been meaning to sell) but get the 64GB card. Its the biggest there is and mine is full.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I saw a kangaroo out in the wild today.

It was just chilling and eating grass and stuff. It was surprisingly unafraid of me.

senahorse

I used to get woken up by kangaroos having sex outside my bedroom window.

Strayaaaaaa

The drug dealing bogans, were the kangaroos.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Game of Thrones ;_;

Shrink wrap is all ripped up now. I'm screwed aren't I?
Having worked in retail, nowadays you can return anything for any reason at any time (more or less) if you have a receipt and an explanation. You'll run into even less trouble (meaning less than zero, I guess) given you want to do a straight swap for something more expensive.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeh I'd rather the kangaroos.

I do miss being able to go for a walk on the weekends, across the road, and finding kangaroos and shit chillin. Living directly across the road from a conservation park had its perks.

Where I live I see koalas much more than kangaroos. I've even had one bashing its paws on the window at 1:30am (I thought the house was getting broken into - it was quite a surprise and relief to turn on the outside light and see a tattooed koala wearing a balaclava and brandishing a glock with its nose pressed up against the window pane).

I also hear them grunting like this at night all the time.

I remember having fucking possums being impossible to keep away from your house once they decided they liked the area. Like squatters only they shit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom