• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deraj

I just got a FarCry 4 Complete Edition key (including season pass) for PC at $35.99 (AUD) at Ozgameshop. Actually it was $33.50 since I had some points. :)

Cerity

fgqQ3ox.jpg

Sometimes, I swear.

Stackboy

I just got a FarCry 4 Complete Edition key (including season pass) for PC at $35.99 (AUD) at Ozgameshop. Actually it was $33.50 since I had some points. :)

Dammit, I just bought this game last week in the Steam sale for $50.

I think anyone that is looking at the Destiny expansion should read this. (others should read it to because it is an amazing interview)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

OK I totally mispoke about this one. Should have read the article. They basically want Destiny players to pay for the original and DLC content we already own, to get some dance emotes? That's crazy. I am a fool and should never be listened to.

Gra33y and dishwasherlover were back playing Destiny a few days ago, if you guys are coming back we can get a raid or two going.

I'm keen! Moving this weekend but always up for a raid. I've done VoG a few times and Crota once, so they are still fun to me. Plus always keen for people to do PoE with. I've completed the lvl 32 once.

senahorse

Performance, lacking grahpical options, steam integration busted, SLI not working, missing graphical features from console versions, the list is going getting longer. It's a horrible port.

Performance, lacking grahpical options, steam integration busted, SLI not working, missing graphical features from console versions, the list is going getting longer. It's a horrible port.

Iron Galaxy's reputation is pretty much fucked at this point. The Borderlands 2 port at least was impressive how they got the whole game down to the Vita despite how rough and poorly redesigned it was (fuck that UI so much).

hamchan

I noticed bad reviews on Steam as well ("Mostly Negative"). Is it just the performance or is there something else?

It looks and run worse than the PS4 version. How this can happen in 2015, who knows.

As for the game it's supposed to be quite good besides the batmobile stuff.

senahorse

Iron Galaxy's reputation is pretty much fucked at this point. The Borderlands 2 port at least was impressive how they got the whole game down to the Vita despite how rough and poorly redesigned it was (fuck that UI so much).

The thing is, they did the Arkham Origins PC port and people seem to like that one, maybe just less resources this time around. At this stage the only advice for people wanting Batman is really just to buy it on console or hold out a few days/weeks to see what happens on the PC front. It is 2015 right?

Dead Man

It's Luke, he designs the raids, he isn't in charge of marketing or pricing.

Also, he jokes around a lot and he is clearly fed up of being asked about the dlc pricing, etc. It's not his department.

Watch his GB interview from a few days ago, that was brilliant.

So he should say that. Joking when people are pissed off is never the right answer for a company. Unless the goal is to make those people more pissed off, which can work. This is not one of those times.

I've been pretty happy with PIA.

Been looking at them, hows the speeds you are getting?

The thing is, they did the Arkham Origins PC port and people seem to like that one, maybe just less resources this time around. At this stage the only advice for people wanting Batman is really just to buy it on console or hold out a few days/weeks to see what happens on the PC front. It is 2015 right?

Yeah I expect it'll be patched up fine by the end of next month.

Pretty sure the PC version of AO got an extra month in development after the console versions (although they were glitch as FUCK too, friend had his save file corrupted 3 times before saying fuck it and returning the game).

Shaneus

Holy shit. I know it's cliche, but if these games are developed on PC, how come they're so scant in these basic features? Oh, and I believe Crossfire for AMD cards is fucked too, with AMD drivers disabling it.

PC is seriously getting shat on as a serious gaming platform when titles have to be ported to it, and not from it. Have people not learned from all the shitty ports done to PC in the past?

I'd never heard of them, but is it fair to lump them in the same basket as High Voltage?

elfinke

Hi AusGAF! Long time no see. I'll be in Sydney this Thur/Fri for work, I'm after some quick feedback: Jurassic World at the iMax or not?

I rarely watch movies in the cinema due to my local being a shitty independent cinema with lousy seats/sound/screen (and my living room being setup with a PJ...), funnily enough the last film I saw in a cinema was JP3D at the iMax, and that was pretty great.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I saw jw at the imax, thought the 3d was subtle and pleasant. Don't think it had any imax specific scene shots though.

N0VAM0D

Gonna try and jump in on that Big W sale tomorrow and grab myself a PS4. I already have Driveclub and LBP3, so I'll just sell them it trade them in and grab a different game (or two, hopefully). I'm so excited! I'm thinking I should line up early, even though it's in Newcastle, I really don't wanna miss out.

I'm keen! Moving this weekend but always up for a raid. I've done VoG a few times and Crota once, so they are still fun to me. Plus always keen for people to do PoE with. I've completed the lvl 32 once.

Sounds good, we can get something going this weekend I suppose?

So he should say that. Joking when people are pissed off is never the right answer for a company. Unless the goal is to make those people more pissed off, which can work. This is not one of those times.

Yeah, even Evil lore called him out and Luke is getting flamed everywhere :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169560290&postcount=1982

Darren870

Gonna try and jump in on that Big W sale tomorrow and grab myself a PS4. I already have Driveclub and LBP3, so I'll just sell them it trade them in and grab a different game (or two, hopefully). I'm so excited! I'm thinking I should line up early, even though it's in Newcastle, I really don't wanna miss out.

What Big W sale?

Yeah, even Evil lore called him out and Luke is getting flamed everywhere :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169560290&postcount=1982

What is an Emote?

Omikron

You guys.

The people that are going to want those emotes and extra bits the most are the fans / regular players.

Luke Smith and Bungie are explicitly locking that content behind a collectors edition which requires you to repurchase the game you already own.

Now. Dont get me wrong. They can do what they like. But they are giving those that play their game the finger.

Fredescu

Luke Smith and Bungie are explicitly locking that content behind a collectors edition which requires you to repurchase the game you already own.

Didn't we already establish that Luke Smith is a level designer or something? I kinda doubt he's got anything to do with the product packaging.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I was tempted to get that PS4. But not enough money in my AU bank account, and I don't feel like transferring funds from the UK right now.

Quasar

Didn't we already establish that Luke Smith is a level designer or something? I kinda doubt he's got anything to do with the product packaging.

And really I'm impressed that someone made a collectors edition with extras that actually stay exclusive so that the collectors edition is actually worth buying. Most times games just shovel out the supposed exclusive stuff after the fact as DLC.

Yep. I am not, by any means, dismissing what Bungie are doing but it seems remiss of Eurogamer to ask - and Bungie to allow - a Creative Director to answer questions about product pricing and packaging. This is the reason why a PR handler should have been present to prevent this from happening. If Eurogamer was actually interested in learning the reasoning behind the company decision to release the game in this way, they need to go back to journalism school and learn how to find the correct people to ask the questions they want answers to. It seems like a fairly premeditated trap interview that Luke fell into better than they probably expected

So just to reiterate: Bungie are scumbags for what they're doing, Luke Smith should learn a little bit about professionalism and handling tough situations in interviews, and Eurogamer knew exactly what they were doing when they decided to not ask any product design questions to a designer. The interview should have been handle better by both parties with the greater onus falling on Bungie.

Deraj

Dammit, I just bought this game last week in the Steam sale for $50.

Sorry to hear that. I nearly bought it during the Steam sale as well, but my powers of thriftiness warned me to hold out for a bigger discount.

@reptilescorpio - Thanks, I really enjoyed FarCry 3 so I'm looking forward to finally playing this one. :)

N0VAM0D

Well, I feel like a total loser, I'm the only person here waiting out the front of the store. At least it's indoors! And at least it means I'll be able to grab a PS4! hehe

EDIT: someone else showed up omg

The Giant

Banned
Just ordered my gold mario amiibo from target's website. Good thing they put it up 5 mins early.

Edit: sold out within 3 mins.

Stackboy

Ah I'm moving this weekend, don't get internet until Monday. My wife is away all of next Saturday though, could raid then maybe? Pretty sure I have you on PSN Death.

You guys.

The people that are going to want those emotes and extra bits the most are the fans / regular players.

Now. Dont get me wrong. They can do what they like. But they are giving those that play their game the finger.

Yep, I just want a few of these extra fancy bits, like emotes. Sounds like they might address it in the weekly update this week. Surely they have to offer them separately, after this uproar.

Sorry to hear that. I nearly bought it during the Steam sale as well, but my powers of thriftiness warned me to hold out for a bigger discount.

$50 was the price I was willing to pay and it hit $47 Aus in the Steam sale, so I bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom