• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

Guys, why do I have an urge to play destiny? For some reason my mind is reminiscing about the fun times I had playing my warlock.

MoonGred

I think I played titan as well. The whole game is just a blur to me, even though I put about 30h in it.

Is titan actually the most fun class to play? I don't give two cents about having the most over powered class though.

quabba

I managed to grab one, so I'm super happy! I just need to sell Drive Club and LBP3. Anyone interested? (lol)

Can't imagine you'd get much for either considering Driveclub was going for $18 preowned and Lbp as a $30 code.

I'm downloading the driveclub ps+ edition now so I guess after I play that I'll know if I want more driveclub.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Picked up a PS4 at Jb-hi fi for $550 with Bloodborne, GTAV, The Last of Us and Order 1886 (lol going sell this shit).

Nothing compares to that feeling of opening up a new game system.. but I don't think anything is comparing to the feeling of playing Bloodborne for the first time because it's fucking amazing :D

N0VAM0D

Best bet would be Gumtree or trade into EB tbh. Give them a try first though!

Yeah, I'm gonna try selling them on Gumtree. I have given them a go, I actually already own them, hehe. I already have a whole bunch of PS4 games, I just had to buy a new console because the ex took "our" PS4 (I got it for him for his birthday). Those two games are fantastic time-wasters, really fun casual gaming.

Can't imagine you'd get much for either considering Driveclub was going for $18 preowned and Lbp as a $30 code.

I'm downloading the driveclub ps+ edition now so I guess after I play that I'll know if I want more driveclub.

Yeah, I definitely won't get much. I went into EB and JB, and both places could only offer me under $15 for the two games. I expected as much, anyway. I'm gonna try selling them on Gumtree!

Big PSN sale on atm

Vita
Sword Art Online for $24
Final Fantasy 1 for $7
Final Fantasy 2 for $7
Final Fantasy 3 for $11
Final Fantasy 4 is never on sale :/
Final Fantasy 5 for $7
Final Fantasy 6 for $7
Final Fantasy 7 for $7
Final Fantasy 8 for $7
Final Fantasy 9 for $7
Final Fantasy X/X2 HD for $25
Final Fantasy Tactics for $7
Valkyria Chronicles II for $5
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines for $12
EDF 2017 Portable for $7
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1 for $22
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 for $30
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart for $33
Persona 2 Innocent Sin for $11
Persona 4 Golden for $27
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony for $5
Demon Gaze for $15
Mind Zero for $13
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God for $7
Atelier Rorona Plus for $27
Atelier Totori Plus for $27
Atelier Meruru Plus for $30
Atelier Ayesha Plus for $30
Tale of Hearts R for $27
Soul Sacrifice 1.5 for $18
Toukiden 1 for $19
Toukiden 1.5: Kiwami for $27
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters for $33
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f for $22
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd for $34
Ys: Seven for $4
Ys: Memories of Celceta for $27
Danganronpa for $27
Danganronpa 2 for $27
Suikoden for $5
Suikoden 2 for $5
Conception 2 Children of the Seven Stars for $16
Deception IV: Blood Ties for $22
Vagrant Story for $4
Disgaea 2 for $7
Disgaea 3 for $27
Disgaea 4 for $27
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for $6
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for $6
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz for $8
Metal Gear Solid 1 for $6
Metal Gear Solid 2/3 HD for $18
Silent Hill Book of Memories for $8
Street Fighter x Tekken for $13

Pleb PS3
Drakengard 3 for $38
Yakuza 4 for $10
Yakuza Dead Souls for $10
Demons Souls for $6
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD for $12
Killer is Dead for $6
Ni no Kuni is $6
EDF 2025 for $9
God Hand for $4
Vanquish for $7
Binary Domain for $6

PS4
Resident Evil Revelations 2 for $27
Dark Souls 2 HD for $38

#buyavita

Picked up a PS4 at Jb-hi fi for $550 with Bloodborne, GTAV, The Last of Us and Order 1886 (lol going sell this shit).

Nothing compares to that feeling of opening up a new game system.. but I don't think anything is comparing to the feeling of playing Bloodborne for the first time because it's fucking amazing :D

Your not even gonna give it a try first? :(

Resilient

Target AU fb is pure salt at the moment. Dunno why they put the amiibos up 10min early though, seemed pretty stupid.

My local Target was the most civilised I've ever seen for an Amiibo launch. People actually lined up, didn't run, and calmly collected their gold toy..crazy town.

One day I'm gonna decide to start collecting Amiibos and I'll be furious. Until then I'll revel in the misery it generates.

I seriously wonder if there's 1 kid in the world who wanted one particular Amiibo and actually got it lol

Oh yes! I was just about to buy this the other day, but held off because I needed to save a bit of money. What luck!

I thought the introduction and first couple of hours were super impressive, but my god that battle system. Who conceived of such a confusing abomination?

CryptiK

One day I'm gonna decide to start collecting Amiibos and I'll be furious. Until then I'll revel in the misery it generates.

I seriously wonder if there's 1 kid in the world who wanted one particular Amiibo and actually got it lol
Don't do it. I already have every one that has been released, except Gold and Silver Marios of course. Tried to get a gold Mario today 4 guys were grabbing one each and as they left the store have it all to one guy and put it in his bag :< didn't get one

Yrael

I thought the introduction and first couple of hours were super impressive, but my god that battle system. Who conceived of such a confusing abomination?

I've got to admit that I'm in love with the game already purely based on the Studio Ghibli art style. I look forward to the battle challenge. :)

(Also bleh, I now see that Okami HD is on sale too - I bought it only a week ago when I got the PS3. Ah well, I've been playing it a lot this week so I can't say I haven't already gotten my money's worth.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, I loaded up my inbox to see that three weeks from now Exetel will be switching me from a $50pm 500GB plan to a $90pm 1TB plan. I'm livid, but the NBN is three months away, so I can't really do anything about it unless I want to pay even more (churn + the always-costly first bill + early termination fee since SkyMesh doesn't offer ADSL services).

MoonGred

Bah, I loaded up my inbox to see that three weeks from now Exetel will be switching me from a $50pm 500GB plan to a $90pm 1TB plan. I'm livid, but the NBN is three months away, so I can't really do anything about it unless I want to pay even more (churn + the always-costly first bill + early termination fee since SkyMesh doesn't offer ADSL services).

I didn't even know they could just change your plan without approval, especially seeing as they'd charge your nearly double.

Omikron

Yeah there is something seriously wrong with that...

quabba

Well that's sucks but at least nbn is very close.

I'm on my only option which is 11mbit adsl that's congested every night and weekend to about 1mbit or less. No nbn or congestion relief in sight :(

Use C20EXTRA for below prices, orders over $75 (TW3/PS4 controller) before coupon are free postage so 2 purchases gets free postage

The Witcher 3 is $62 posted
PS4 controller is $63 posted
Batman Arkham Knight is $54
Halo MCC is $30
WiiU with Mario Kart 8 is $343 posted
Splatoon 3 pack amiibos for $39
Splatoon for $51
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for $39
Captain Toad for $39
Mario Kart 8 for $51
Super Mario 3D World for $51
Xenoblade Chronicles for New 3DS for $44
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask 3DS for $38
Smash Bros for 3DS for $38

Quasar

I didn't even know they could just change your plan without approval, especially seeing as they'd charge your nearly double.

Me either and I'm a fellow Exetel customer. And one whose using a way obsolete plan in part because I don't want to sign another contract.

As for the NBN...I'm just wondering what I will do. Since all the local streaming services started exetel and other isps seems to be all congested at night and congestion is the last thing I want after paying to get say a 100mb NBN connection.

wonzo

Banned
I still don't get what the point of the Amiibos are, are people just collecting them because they can finally display some small miniature Nintendo characters? Is there a point of them all?
It's basically DLC which can (potentially) span multiple games with a resale value.

Big PSN sale on atm

Vita

EDF 2017 Portable for $7
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart for $33
Ys: Seven for $4
Ys: Memories of Celceta for $27
Danganronpa for $27
Danganronpa 2 for $27
Deception IV: Blood Ties for $22
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for $6
Metal Gear Solid 2/3 HD for $18

#buyavita
good games

Since all the local streaming services started exetel and other isps seems to be all congested at night and congestion is the last thing I want after paying to get say a 100mb NBN connection.
I have a 100Mb Optus cable connection (OK, OK, it's Optus, and OK, I'm on their biggest CMTS/node in the country, which has been close to or over capacity for years).

Since April performance during peak times have drastically plummeted. It's fine for browsing, and streaming, but latency and lag and peak speeds are heavily impacted; I sometimes barely hit 20% of what my plan promises, even from Optus' own speed test sites.

Getting 10-20Mb during peak times is a frustrating first world problem.

Yoshi's Woolly World with a green yarn Yoshi is $55 at Target eBay with C20EXTRA code (plus postage unless you buy something else)

$_12.JPG

I'm pretty chuffed I didn't buy it yesterday now :)

quabba

Use C20EXTRA for below prices, orders over $75 (TW3/PS4 controller) before coupon are free postage so 2 purchases gets free postage

Batman Arkham Knight is

Ah am just about to pick this up but I want it for the weekend (have 3 days home alone) so I guess I'll be paying $68

There's no pick up or price matching options right?

Darren870

Hahahahahaha..

I am lucky if i get like 3Mb during the night. Everything lags. Fucking ADSL2+

whatyearisit!?!.jpg

Seriously. I've been on a bus in Colombia (middle of no where at that) that had faster internet then I have at my home. How is this possible?

#AbbottsAustralia

Ah am just about to pick this up but I want it for the weekend (have 3 days home alone) so I guess I'll be paying $68

There's no pick up or price matching options right?

No click and collect on their eBay store which is really disappointing, would love them to bring that option in at the $40 mark like on their regular store.

I have a 100Mb Optus cable connection (OK, OK, it's Optus, and OK, I'm on their biggest CMTS/node in the country, which has been close to or over capacity for years).

Since April performance during peak times have drastically plummeted. It's fine for browsing, and streaming, but latency and lag and peak speeds are heavily impacted; I sometimes barely hit 20% of what my plan promises, even from Optus' own speed test sites.

My iiNet was holding up pretty well under the netflix assault, but in the last week it's been hit hard. Steam, probably the local server, and Netflix still max out, up to 46mbps, but anything involving the cable to America is closer to 6mbps now.

Well just like the initial start of Google Play Music (for me anyway) if you connect to the service once using a vpn it then works without one. I guess that sets a flag or something.

Oh yeah? Might give that a shot then - I did that VPN thing originally too.

Edit: Seems to have worked! Cheers!
I was using this new feature this morning, went to a meeting, a "Your account type has changed" message appeared on screen, forcing me to refresh... and now the feature has disappeared. Guess the once-off VPN thing isn't going to work any more.

Edit: Connecting to the same VPN re-enables it, so I guess they have a process that runs periodically and checks these things.

vanty

I just dropped by Target on my way home last night and they had at least 3 gold Marios there. Keeping it in the packaging for now since they're already getting bids over $50 on eBay so I might end up selling it if they go crazy like over $150 but if they don't I'll keep and open it.

Quasar

I was using this new feature this morning, went to a meeting, a "Your account type has changed" message appeared on screen, forcing me to refresh... and now the feature has disappeared. Guess the once-off VPN thing isn't going to work any more.

Edit: Connecting to the same VPN re-enables it, so I guess they have a process that runs periodically and checks these things.

Yeah. Happened to me this morning too.

senahorse

Hey rep, after getting tired of waiting for Netflix to get X-files HD back I looked around and found Hulu Plus has all 9 seasons in HD, set it up and it streams and looks great. They have a free 7 day trial if you want to try it out.

radaxian

Hey rep, after getting tired of waiting for Netflix to get X-files HD back I looked around and found Hulu Plus has all 9 seasons in HD, set it up and it streams and looks great. They have a free 7 day trial if you want to try it out.

It's all on Presto too if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom