• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAP151

Someone genius (or troll) at Targets online department put the exclusive Gold Mario Amiibo's up 10 minutes before the advertised time of 8am. They sold out by 7.58am.

Ruh Roh.

I got one in store. Was 17th inline and just made the cut off.

Apparently there was a punch on at Waverly gardens store. LOL.

someone talk me out of buying that splatoon + wii u bundle.

It is NOT good value for money when you can get a much more powerful machine for $50 odd more. It will get cheaper since the Wii U is on its way out.

Also, Splatoon is pretty good but after playing 30 or so hours I'm kind of bored of it.

Someone help me please <_>

CITfEfvUAAA3Res.jpg:large

Sorry to hear that. I nearly bought it during the Steam sale as well, but my powers of thriftiness warned me to hold out for a bigger discount.

@reptilescorpio - Thanks, I really enjoyed FarCry 3 so I'm looking forward to finally playing this one. :)

I loved FC3 and was slightly worried about FC4 being too much of the same but it's a really great step up/forward from it. Loved it!

Cerity

what else will you do on your wii u? play amiibo?

Also more Destiny things, yeah: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069382

It is NOT good value for money when you can get a much more powerful machine for $50 odd more. It will get cheaper since the Wii U is on its way out.

Also, Splatoon is pretty good but after playing 30 or so hours I'm kind of bored of it.

I'd be going for SM3DW, MK8 and Bayo 2, as well as that upcoming fatal frame localisation and Xenoblade.

I guess I can wait though, just not sure when the console will get cheap again. Not particularly interested in the other 2 consoles at this stage as I've got my PC to sate my appetite for those types of games.

I'd be going for SM3DW, MK8 and Bayo 2, as well as that upcoming fatal frame localisation and Xenoblade.

I guess I can wait though, just not sure when the console will get cheap again. Not particularly interested in the other 2 consoles at this stage as I've got my PC to sate my appetite for those types of games.

Annoying thing is it's been way cheaper. I bought one not long after launch for $200 and they got down to $175 at a retailer firesale on them. If they want to get them into more households they really need to drop the price under $300 consistently. The Wii generation of consumers moved on, it's the perfect time to bring them back now. The library is built up enough of flashy family friendly titles (even if I don't think they are as good as they should be, the impact on a consumer is still there) to push it this Xmas as the Wii 2.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I still don't get what the point of the Amiibos are, are people just collecting them because they can finally display some small miniature Nintendo characters? Is there a point of them all?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man i just want a samus

Those games are indeed pretty great (I was underwhelmed by 3D World, but it's still very good) and you are quite right that you'll get a much more unique experience with the Wii U if you have a gaming PC.

I think it will get cheaper, but the question is when, and if waiting 6 months to save $100 is important to you!

Quasar

So Google finally added the Songza playlists to the free version of Google Play Music.

That pretty much has eliminated my interest in subbing to a service I think. Gives me plenty of music to play around with and trial and if I really like it I'll just buy it on CD so I can play it lossless at home and then just upload it into the 50k song locker for playback on the go.

Fredescu

Hard to tell but I think you'll be waiting until at least xmas/boxing day sales. I say buy it. The console itself isn't that great, but the library is.

So Google finally added the Songza playlists to the free version of Google Play Music.
This sounds great, except it's currently US-only. And trying with Hola, playback doesn't work. A VPN might, but given I would want to use it at work, probably not going to happen.

Quasar

This sounds great, except it's currently US-only. And trying with Hola, playback doesn't work. A VPN might, but given I would want to use it at work, probably not going to happen.

Well just like the initial start of Google Play Music (for me anyway) if you connect to the service once using a vpn it then works without one. I guess that sets a flag or something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My Target had samus. Not zero suit,just the regular one.

Hmm, maybe I'll swing by Northland later. Want to trade in Driveclub and Destiny anyway.

Train tracks are the worst clutter. These are a nice change of pace.
Hah good point, hadn't really noticed how we transitioned from Thomas stuff into now Amiibos and LEGO.

Fuck LEGO though. That shit gets EVERYWHERE somehow, even after keeping tabs on it all. Found some in my pillow the other day, nfi how it got there o_O

Well just like the initial start of Google Play Music (for me anyway) if you connect to the service once using a vpn it then works without one. I guess that sets a flag or something.
Oh yeah? Might give that a shot then - I did that VPN thing originally too.

Edit: Seems to have worked! Cheers!

Dryk

Being able to get the Yarn Yoshi amiibo for $10 in a bundle when it's $24 stand alone is tempting, but I don't really want it.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I still don't get what the point of the Amiibos are, are people just collecting them because they can finally display some small miniature Nintendo characters? Is there a point of them all?

That's pretty much all I'm doing with them atm until I get my wii u. They're not even out of their packaging.

Cerity

Annoying thing is it's been way cheaper. I bought one not long after launch for $200 and they got down to $175 at a retailer firesale on them. If they want to get them into more households they really need to drop the price under $300 consistently. The Wii generation of consumers moved on, it's the perfect time to bring them back now. The library is built up enough of flashy family friendly titles (even if I don't think they are as good as they should be, the impact on a consumer is still there) to push it this Xmas as the Wii 2.

Yeah, I was keen when Target were doing the cheap skylanders bundles and MK bundles but my area seemed to get ozbargained.

I'll wait out until christmas, hopefully a dece bargain for the console and 2-3 games pops up for around 350.

Vormund

Well I got really lucky at a new BigW today (Brickworks markets, Adelaide)

Picked up the following amiibo:

Ness
Little Mac
Lucario
Capt Falcon
Robin
Lucina

And Splatoon for $59

They had Wii Fit trainer too, but that was already gone.

tinders

So I've got an interview tomorrow with NSW DPI, it's an eCommunications role. Am I crazy for considering not wearing a tie?

P. Fembot

Banned
Mayhem this morning at Target with a throng sweating for a gold amiibo.

Most ran to the games area but I couldn't bring myself to run like a base human haha. Managed to get one so am very happy.

Got the Yoshi's too, I think they are my favourite amiibos after King Dedede

Mayhem this morning at Target with a throng sweating for a gold amiibo.

Most ran to the games area but I couldn't bring myself to run like a base human haha. Managed to get one so am very happy.

Got the Yoshi's too, I think they are my favourite amiibos after King Dedede
Yeah Dedede is my fav so far, looks amazing with great detail and a great pose. I also really like the Wario one.

If in doubt, wear one.

Yeah always wear a tie just in case unless it's for some super low fi.

I wore a tie to my interviews and then when I started work it disappeared quickly lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom