• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Pretty sure Hulu+ still has adds.

Which is worse than cancer.

Apparently not with x-files, at least I didn't see any.

edit: I just read a thread about it on reddit, no ads for x-files, only the newer shows. Which is great as I only got it for x-files, got 7 months to get through the 200 episodes before the final season comes out, gonna get my spooky on :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't even know they could just change your plan without approval, especially seeing as they'd charge your nearly double.

IIRC, it's only required to give a certain amount of notice and the option to change plans/churn away without incurring any fees. The jump really is ridiculous, though, and the two plans below $90 are equally outrageous -- $55 for 30GB or $60 for 100GB, both of which are almost as expensive as Internode's identical off-net plans ($60 for 30GB, $70 for 100GB). I'd rather pay $80 and keep my current quota, but I don't see Exetel budging.

Well that's sucks but at least nbn is very close.

Yeah, I can't wait until my ADSL days are behind me, especially with all the line faults I've been having in recent months (my phone line was completely dead for 2.5 days just last week). There have been widespread POI congestion issues since Netflix launched (including the POI I'll be connected to), but those will go away with time.

Dead Man

Well, my girlfriends kid just came home with info about this years school camp. It's a faith based outdoor camp. He goes to a public school. Woo! Fuck the federal government (both current and historical) for paying for religious groups in schools.

Rlan

It's Halfbrick and it's LIVE on Twitch TV! Starting in just a few minutes! What sorts of trouble can we get into?

http://www.twitch.tv/halfbrick

I'm not on this week, but we're hoping this can grow out a be a regular thing where anything can happen. Who doesn't want to spend the last half of their Friday's playing games and live streaming?

Well, my girlfriends kid just came home with info about this years school camp. It's a faith based outdoor camp. He goes to a public school. Woo! Fuck the federal government (both current and historical) for paying for religious groups in schools.
Would you be able to approach the school, perhaps in agreement with other guardians, to try to get a different school camp in future years?

Dead Man

Would you be able to approach the school, perhaps in agreement with other guardians, to try to get a different school camp in future years?
The impression I get is that this camp was selected because of cost. Non religious camps either cost more or the school can't get financial assistance or something. But yeah, I'll be checking for next year, and be making sure he is excused from any religious activities if he still wants to go. He's quite strongly anti mainstream church, makes my cynical old heart warm.

MoonGred

IIRC, it's only required to give a certain amount of notice and the option to change plans/churn away without incurring any fees. The jump really is ridiculous, though, and the two plans below $90 are equally outrageous -- $55 for 30GB or $60 for 100GB, both of which are almost as expensive as Internode's identical off-net plans ($60 for 30GB, $70 for 100GB). I'd rather pay $80 and keep my current quota, but I don't see Exetel budging.

Those prices are fucked

Anyone know if Disgaea 1 on PS2 got an Australian SKU? Gamefaqs doesn't have one listed and I want to give the series a go. I'm a little obsessive about having a fully AU collection :p

I'm so tired but Arkham Knight finally clicked for me. Holy shit it feels great to be the Batman. Combat and traversal is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than in City, feel like a total badass. I'm loving the Batmobile too, really slick integration.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Journeyed all around the Melb CBD, couldn't find a Samus amiibo :(. Almost jumped on Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff, but I want Samus first, before I go deeper down the rabbit hole.

Nabbed a watch though.

11225176_10152816084842038_3841334827579222430_n.jpg

hamchan

I'm sad that Arkham knight is broken on PC and that I had to get a refund so I might just replay Asylum or City instead and wait for Knight GOTY edition. I'm a huge fan too, finished these games multiple times.

Is it worth playing destiny again knowing that I'll never do a raid and have no interest in pvp what so ever.

No, because then you're just left with a lackluster campaign.

Journeyed all around the Melb CBD, couldn't find a Samus amiibo :(
Saw at least half a dozen for $15 each at Kmart in Burwood East last night after work.

Almost bought one (and a Link, similar amount), but remembered I have Figma ones of them both already and they look much nicer.

Still gonna get a yarn Yoshi if I happen across one.

I can confirm it did. Also look for La Pucelle and Phantom Brave.

Heh, damn. Well I've followed a search for it on eBay so let's see how long it takes for one to show up.

Have had SMT3 followed for about 6 months now and yet to see anything there haha (though seeing it's cheap I have a UK copy to play in the meantime).

Jintor

decided to do a platformer tutorial, ended up implementing walljumps, wallsliding, limited walljumping, double-tap to run and rudimentary gamepad support (haven't worked out the kinks yet... like how to tell a joystick what a double-tap is)

blindly following tutorials is fun!

N0VAM0D

What games do you play on PS4?

Right now, the multiplayer capable stuff I have is GTA V, Bloodborne, Drive Club, Destiny, DA:I, TLoU, and I can't seem to remember if there's any others right now. I plan on buying a hell of a lot more games, though, I'm always open to suggestions, too.

Right now, the multiplayer capable stuff I have is GTA V, Bloodborne, Drive Club, Destiny, DA:I, TLoU, and I can't seem to remember if there's any others right now. I plan on buying a hell of a lot more games, though, I'm always open to suggestions, too.

Great, I'll send you a FR. I'm ruthlesbarbarian on PSN.

N0VAM0D

Going to bed at 9pm was a bad idea.

Why am I awaaake.

Pee dot ess, I passed my ITIL exam! Yay!

Woah, that's early. To be fair though, it's 5:30 in the morning and I haven't slept at all yet. I've done this the past 3 nights. I am so fucking stupid. It means I waste my day by sleeping until like 1 or 2. ahhhhh whyyyy

Also, congrats!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ALLLLLLLLL. toon link paulatena and dedede are back up for order on EBGames website!

this early mornings coming up milhouse!

Woah, that's early. To be fair though, it's 5:30 in the morning and I haven't slept at all yet. I've done this the past 3 nights. I am so fucking stupid. It means I waste my day by sleeping until like 1 or 2. ahhhhh whyyyy

you and banana arnie should form a club

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think I now own all smash bros amiibos that have until this day been released (with the ones I didn't have now ordered)

I think I'll call it a day after the last few smash bros ones.

And a few of the animal crossing ones

And 8bit mario

And chibi robo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom