• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

I think I now own all smash bros amiibos that have until this day been released (with the ones I didn't have now ordered)

I think I'll call it a day after the last few smash bros ones.

And a few of the animal crossing ones

And 8bit mario

And chibi robo

And all further unannounced ones

Fixed it for you Holy

Yagharek

Heh, damn. Well I've followed a search for it on eBay so let's see how long it takes for one to show up.

Have had SMT3 followed for about 6 months now and yet to see anything there haha (though seeing it's cheap I have a UK copy to play in the meantime).

Send me a pm as a reminder to check the details of it for you when I get back home in a fortnight.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I met Luke from Gilmore Girls today!!!!

He was very nice and I got his autograph! Most exciting time at a convention ever

CryptiK

I think I now own all smash bros amiibos that have until this day been released (with the ones I didn't have now ordered)

I think I'll call it a day after the last few smash bros ones.

And a few of the animal crossing ones

And 8bit mario

And chibi robo
I'm in the same boat. Did you manage to get the Gold and Silver Mario?

Bernbaum

This is the fucking best.

eUWiNxO.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I spent some time at a convention just going to panels to listen to the guests talk. I don't normally but it was cool

Jason momoa, then David's hewlett and nykal from stargate atlantis (kinda sat jason didn't join them tbh) but there chemistry was great.

Then the guy who played faromir in lotr, he was cool. Aussie actor from sydney, does stage acting etc, so a lot of the questions were about that side of acting which was nice.

Then Billy boydd who played pippen in lotr.
Pretty sure he was drunk. Dude is funny though.

Looking at changing ADSL providers, from iiNet to someone else. I need more data and to pay the same/less money. Looking at Exetel. Are these guys ok? I see in their critical info summary that if I downgrade OR upgrade a plan, I automatically sign up to a new 12 month plan. I'm gonna get the 1tb plan so I'm not too worried honestly, but that seems like dodgy shit.

Looking at changing ADSL providers, from iiNet to someone else. I need more data and to pay the same/less money. Looking at Exetel. Are these guys ok? I see in their critical info summary that if I downgrade OR upgrade a plan, I automatically sign up to a new 12 month plan. I'm gonna get the 1tb plan so I'm not too worried honestly, but that seems like dodgy shit.

Exetel just shit canned something like 600 "too much usage" accounts, literally a bunch of those were on unlimited plans by Exetel where they said fuck you and your business. Disconnected. Check out this 25+ page thread on Whirlpool forums about it.

Shaneus

Pretty much, basically any ISP has terms that their unlimited plans are in fact with limits or conditions. The difference is I haven't seen iiNet disconnecting customers completely to enforce those conditions. Usually ISPs switch a heavy usage customer plan around and play a numbers game where some customers lose money but the majority make them money and the net effect is they profit. Exetel have done these sorts of mass disconnections a few times in recent years and simply say nah we don't want such customers at all. Other ISPs have done but it's not common practice and usually not so severe or on so many customer accounts.

Sure you get the odd leech who just chews through bandwidth but 600 of them at once? Yikes.

iiNet also upgraded, and had network equipment ready to upgrade, when Netflix dropped and their throughput wasn't up to the demand from offering free Netflix traffic. Again Exetel just don't have the network or support for such demand but it all comes down to the saturation at your local exchange anyhow.

IMO without NBN being available in your area the best service IMO, if your exchange isn't congested, is Telstra Cable 3.0/3.1. After that I'd go with iiNet ADSL2+.

Use a billion modem on ADSL2/+ where possible too and do some basic config as well as contact the ISP during setup to get as much bang for your buck as you can.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
They usually tour when the album is out, right?

I know bands can tour slightly before an album release, Did you actually get many new songs played?
They're mid world tour so I'm pretty sure it's for that. They played probably 4 or so songs from the new album. Was a good night.

legend166

So I've moved offices and am working from the city now. Gotta love the Opal Card and it's 'free travel after 8 trips' thing. Saving $30 a week by catching the bus two minutes down the road a few times.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh right, They released the album last year.

For some reason I thought they were releasing one this year, Losing my mind.

SBS Comedy still on point

“This decision could not be more important,” said Prime Minister Abbott. “We cannot rush into such a thing. We are not merely an extra state of America. We would only blindly follow them if it were for a poorly-thought out military campaign.

“We’re our own people. We don’t just do everything that the United States, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, France and all the others have done.

“If all those nations jumped off a bridge and our population really wanted to also jump off a bridge would you do it? The last thing you should do in a democracy is listen to the will of the people. This isn’t a popularity contest - that’s just how we get in a position to say this isn’t a popularity contest.”

“Sure, we might be on the wrong side of history but sometimes it’s important to stand for what you believe in. How am I supposed to look my grandchildren in the eye and tell them that I let two people who loved each other get married under my watch?”
The grandchildren thing is something I would totally expect him to say behind closed doors tbh.

They did and I was so happy. It's one of my favourites too :p

Nice!

All that news about Exetel makes me angry. I won't go with them at all. Problem is there's so many ISPs nowadays and I've never heard of most of them. Couple that with only ADSL1 being available in my area and I'm fucked. I think I may be able to get ADSL2 speeds by going with Telstra but their plans are fucking expensive for what little bandwidth you get.

Darren870

I use dodo. Besides dealing with the hurdle of getting everything set up I can't complain. Its cheaper and unlimited. I've never had an issue with it in the 6 months I've had it. Can't really complain when its the fastest I'll get being on on ADSL2+. I don't see how iinet or tpg would have been any faster as it all has to go to the telstra exchange.

They say customer service sucks. But maybe I am just used to dealing with outsourced call centers... Didn't really bother me too much and I've been able to get free months from them for using them for my gas & electric.

Probably have a coupon/referral code if you are interested.

iiNet is one of the largest invested ISPs that own equipment at many exchanges e.g. DSLAMS. The hub things that connect all the phone lines and communications together to put it simply. Essentially iiNet equipment is housed in the Telstra exchange but they don't rely on Telstra as such. It's a major factor for support and service speeds etc.

Other ISPs such as TPG, Primus, Internode own equipment at exchanges just not to the extent that iiNet does. You can take a look with your phone number in a search and click on "equipment providers" to see who owns what equipment at your local exchange. I'd go with one of those ISPs on a per case basis.

http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au

Of course doing a bundle and getting discounts is kick ass so I wouldn't shy away from average support or speed based on saving some coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom