• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
l2wfsES.jpg

Time to spend Friday night registering amiibos!!!!

Deeku

so grim fandango on ps4 is fine right? people were just upset that they didn't do more for a remaster vs being a dodgy port?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Which ones are you missing?

Check you inbox btw.

Msg sent!

Dont have the Mario bros ones (and won't)
Wooly yoshis are on their way, same with Lil mac I'm prettysure I have all so far.

Also two warios unboxed I realised lastnigh :(

One has a w on his hat the other does not!!

MoonGred

Msg sent!

Dont have the Mario bros ones (and won't)
Wooly yoshis are on their way, same with Lil mac I'm prettysure I have all so far.

Also two warios unboxed I realised lastnigh :(

One has a w on his hat the other does not!!

You just made me double check my Wario!

Did nintendo raise the price of these, didn't they all launch at $18? I had a look at Ebgames and all the unreleased ones were $25.

Did nintendo raise the price of these, didn't they all launch at $18? I had a look at Ebgames and all the unreleased ones were $25.

they're all $17 at Big W and I think at JB. They have restocked a lot of the Smash Bros ones. Only woolly Yoshi's are more ($24).

Regular ones are $17. These include the Super Mario range and the Smash Bros range.
Yarn Yoshi's are $25. The new fancy looking retro Mario ones are put at a placeholder price of $25 as they are likely to be that price too as they look bigger than the Smash ones.

N0VAM0D

Where do you live? Melbourne is a great city. Though I do like the remote Australia towns. Has a real homely/welcoming feel sometimes.

Newcastle! Just moved back there from Sydney a few weeks ago. It's nice here, I definitely missed a lot about the place. I'm starting to miss living in Sydney though, too...

Rizzi

Newcastle! Just moved back there from Sydney a few weeks ago. It's nice here, I definitely missed a lot about the place. I'm starting to miss living in Sydney though, too...

I also moved to Newcastle a few months ago.
This town ain't big enough for the both of us..

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Surely there is a Tamworth GAF.

Right?

Right?

*tumbleweed passes*

A good friend of mine is from Tamworth.

He lives in Armidale right now though :p

Also newcastle-gaf totally needs to do a newcastle-gaf meet-up =o

Dryk

Well this trip is starting off well. Stuck in Adelaide Airport because the plane to Perth's rear door won't shut. I could be home playing Splatoon dammit :p

Rubixcuba

Banned
Also newcastle-gaf totally needs to do a newcastle-gaf meet-up =o

This is a must. Hunter/King St pub crawl!
Smalls bars but. Ew King St.

Well this trip is starting off well. Stuck in Adelaide Airport because the plane to Perth's rear door won't shut. I could be home playing Splatoon dammit :p

Splatfest has been pretty meh. Everyone went Team Rock, so matches end being Rock v Rock due to lack of Pop players. Also there isn't any kind of filter for players Level's, so except Teams of 20 level players v newbies.

Dryk

Splatfest has been pretty meh. Everyone went Team Rock, so matches end being Rock v Rock due to lack of Pop players. Also there isn't any kind of filter for players Level's, so except Teams of 20 level players v newbies.
Yeah but I wanted to at least get a good number of shells. And yes, NoE was dumb for not realising that Rock vs Pop was going to stack one side with kids :p

whos going to have the best rates to exchange money at, and how much cash do i want to take initially for 2 weeks in japan (tokyo and osaka)?

N0VAM0D

Finishing my uni degree <:)
Just lived at home on the central coast for the first 2 years of it

Nice! I hope you're doing well, dude. Newcastle Uni is pretty great, from what I remember.

This is a must. Hunter/King St pub crawl!
Smalls bars but. Ew King St.

Yes! I haven't checked out a lot of the new places yet. I really wanna try Coal and Cedar and Koutetsu sometime (I work right next door, no idea how I haven't been in there yet).

kingaz should be banished from society tbh

Checking in from Newcastle too - meet up sounds good.

Can we actually please? There seems to be heaps of us.

What if I have served some of you Newcastle GAFfers at a restaurant or café or something, omg! I may have even served some Sydney GAFfers when I was there for the year ahh! That's a strange thought.

whos going to have the best rates to exchange money at, and how much cash do i want to take initially for 2 weeks in japan (tokyo and osaka)?

Get a Citibank plus debit card then get the money out of an atm at 7/11 when you get there. Basically gives you the spot rate when you withdraw money.

There is also a Citibank atm at Nartia airport that I used last time.

if you want to get cash here before you leave and have at least a few business days to to spare before your departure, you can order it from Australia Post online and they'll send the money to your nominated post office for pick up. They were the best rates I've seen for getting foreign cash locally. Other than that, you'll have to trudge around the dozens of money changers in shopping areas and ask in person.

Darren870

As someone else said, auspost is good and so is ANZ if you are a customer.

However, I often find that it's better to exchange money in the country you are going to. Like... A lot better. Maybe one of the guys here can tell you.

Example:
I was just in Malaysia. ANZ were doing 1 aud = 2.59 myr. In the country I found places doing 1 aud = 2.80 myr. Even in the airport in Malaysia it was 2.75 myr.

quabba

As someone else said, auspost is good and so is ANZ if you are a customer.

However, I often find that it's better to exchange money in the country you are going to. Like... A lot better. Maybe one of the guys here can tell you.

Example:
I was just in Malaysia. ANZ were doing 1 aud = 2.59 myr. In the country I found places doing 1 aud = 2.80 myr. Even in the airport in Malaysia it was 2.75 myr.

Yeah I changed some money in Australia for Vietnam and got a terrible exchange rate compared to places in Vietnam itself.

I can't remember what I did for Japan though.

Next time im just going to load money onto my citibank card and withdraw from an atm at airport when I arrive.

Darren870

Yeah I changed some money in Australia for Vietnam and got a terrible exchange rate compared to places in Vietnam itself.

I can't remember what I did for Japan though.

Next time im just going to load money onto my citibank card and withdraw from an atm at airport when I arrive.

Yea, but wouldn't citibank give you their exchange rate? I would imagine it would be something similar to ANZ/Auspost.

Don't really see the benefit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom