• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventron

Another fun fact about Lupinball is that my roommate is my artist. I reckon he's come a long way in just a few months, here's a kind of "ruined temple" stage we're planning to add, any feedback or suggestions welcome:

79TiRDK.gif

(Also, Lupinball website if anyone's interested)

Really can't wait for PAX, but we have a long way to go in terms of making a trailer and stuff. Hope there's another AusGAF meetup, I missed the last one.

I'm going to wait a month or 2 to be sure upgrading from Windows 7 is a good idea.

Want to know if Steam is rock solid.

I'm probably going to wait until the last moment that it's free to make sure everything is completely ironed out. I think you get about a year.

Yagharek

Can I get some help with Vita please. Nothing serious, just a slightly annoying option I'm probably missing somewhere.

Is there a way to adjust display options for PSP and PS1 games when running on the system? I'm certain you can do it for PS1 games and assumed you could for PSP games.

Any tips?

Gazunta

Grats Ventron, I'm really looking forward to seeing the game at PAX :)

In other news, I may or may not be needing to buy a new car soon. It is a mystery that the insurance company does not know the answer to just yet! How exciting. I know nothing about cars. I bought my last one because it was blue and I knew it would fit in the very very tiny company car park. But! Now I work for a different company and have a proper car park all to myself, and I like yellow cars as well as blue cars, so who knows!

I am thinking of getting a yellow Mitsubishi Lancer.

Pros:

+ I liked driving a yellow Mitsubishi Lancer in Gran Turismo
+ I liked driving a red Mitsubishi Lancer in Sega Rally 2

Cons:

- Maybe they are not good I don't know
- I should not be making big decisions like this based on video games I played 20 years ago.

Thoughts?

Does anyone know where I could pick up a Gameboy Micro from cheap? EBay was... Not cheap...

Had a whim to play some GBA games earlier in the week so I pulled out my ds lite and found the top screen was damaged, once I realised I could set the ds to play gba games on the bottom screen it got me thinking it would be cool to play on original hardware and ive never used a micro before.
Hmmmm, all i can think of is checking second hand stores like cash converters or something. could be pretty hit or miss though. Great idea though! I wish you the best of luck.
I felt slightly dizzy this morning. turns out there was a rare earthquake in Qld.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...s-felt-on-sunshine-coast-20150730-ginhzg.html
Sigh. I slept through every earthquake in Japan. I guess it makes sense that id sleep through this one too.

I am thinking of getting a yellow Mitsubishi Lancer.

Pros:

+ I liked driving a yellow Mitsubishi Lancer in Gran Turismo
+ I liked driving a red Mitsubishi Lancer in Sega Rally 2

Cons:

- Maybe they are not good I don't know
- I should not be making big decisions like this based on video games I played 20 years ago.

Thoughts?

The cars you drove in GT and Sega Rally we're Lancer Evolutions so you'd be wise not to base your purchase decision on that (unless you're actually looking at Lancer Evos in which case definitely buy one).

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I felt slightly dizzy this morning. turns out there was a rare earthquake in Qld.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...s-felt-on-sunshine-coast-20150730-ginhzg.html

Someone told me about this today as I just slept through it. Call me when you get 6s or 7s like Taiwan does.

That said, I'm surprised that this earthquake didn't destroy at least 100 houses. The houses/townhouses I see getting built around me all seem to be a bunch of planks of wood holding up some roof tiles.

Deeku

Doesn't seem to be an option; its either PSP colour space or not. PS1 games let you adjust zoom levels and proportions, zoom, full screen or custom.
It's an in game option for Tactics Ogre! I forgot if it was a button press or like a menu thing but it's makes the game look way better on vita.

Yagharek

It's an in game option for Tactics Ogre! I forgot if it was a button press or like a menu thing but it's makes the game look way better on vita.

Ahh ok Ill try that.

Hey since you're talking about it, is the game one where you control all units or just a couple? Because Im starting out the first mission and it seems a tutorial whereby all bar two players are CPU controlled.

Bernbaum

godspeed.
Today I learnt that two colleagues going for the same class of visa as me had dramatically different experiences. One was in and out in 30 minutes, the other took 5 hours and nearly missed her flight. Have now gotten onto a later return flight.

Really hoping it's quick so I can see more of Sydney. If SydGAF were told they could only enjoy one last meal in Sydney, where would that meal be?

Deeku

Ahh ok Ill try that.

Hey since you're talking about it, is the game one where you control all units or just a couple? Because Im starting out the first mission and it seems a tutorial whereby all bar two players are CPU controlled.
You control all. CPU controlled characters are story characters that you can recruit later on.

Manax

Thanks, its done by holding the PS button.

Tactics Ogre and Wipeout Pulse look sex.

I've been playing valkyria-chronicles 2 looks excellent also. It's well set up for quick sessions. I get a little disappointed when my train gets to the station and I'm mid mission.

gazunta, look at Mazda 2 or Mazda 3. Or a Holden Statesman. They're all the same.

I can attest to that. My first car was a 1995 Holden Statesman, second is a 2007 Mazda 3 SP23. they're the same thing though apparently for one of them the round things at the front were powered and the other the back. that's just what I heard on the street but

Just finished seeing Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. It's pretty, pretty good
I still feel Ghost Protocol was a better overall film

Yagharek

Oh god tactics ogre is too much. Levels for skills and learning to use weapons and oh how did this get here I am not good with strategy

Spinifex

I'm going to wait a month or 2 to be sure upgrading from Windows 7 is a good idea.

Want to know if Steam is rock solid.

All good for me so far! There's actually a perceivable performance improvement going from Windows 7 to 10, I'd highly recommend it. :)

Btw: Hi ausgaf. I'm new.

Vormund

Do you use the car as a daily drive? How are you liking it?

Admittedly no, it's not what I'd call a daily drive, I've only done about 12,000k's in about 20 months.

I love the car, it's really a great handling and most importantly fun car. It's not really that slow too despite what people say, especially for the price. Besides there are bloody speed cameras everywhere anyway. Remember to hit the VSC Sport button, it lets you do some slides without going too crazy. :)

FWIW I traded in a 2007 Mazda3 SP23 Luxury in for the GT86, and I can vouch that they are pretty damn good cars, only real issue is tyre noise. If it's that bothersome you could always go to a car audio place and get dynamat. Mazdas have been weak a bit in the noise dept, but so good in other areas it's easy to overlook. Also I still have a 2008 Mazda2 for daily driving - like driving the dog around. lol

Cerity

Outside of the snappiness of windows 10, really loving how the displays don't black out to readjust themselves when you turn on/connect another monitor. 2 of my monitors disconnect when they turn off, in windows 8 (and prior) it meant a black screen and windows resizing while it readjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom