• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deraj

Got these today at the EB Games sale.. :)

W6d6fDW.jpg

DA: Inquisition was $47 AUD and Pillars of Eternity was $36 AUD. They had quite a few other games around the same prices.

What the hell is up with this country? I'm from the North of England where the temperature is often in minus figures and you can't open the back door due to snow. But here I'm absolutely fucking freezing. i think it must be the range that does it. In the UK it's just cold, all the time. But here the afternoon Sun tricks you in to letting your nipple guards down, then BAM, it goes dark and all that is warm and good is leeched from the Earth.

Yup.

That and houses in Queensland are essentially big sheds.
When we were house hunting, Mrs Squirrel loved showing me these big old queenslanders with spacious verandahs and white picket fences. I vetoed them all in favour of a house with walls that didn't leak air like a sieve. These houses are designed to allow breezes through in summer, so people think of them as being cool, but people forget that at the time these were all the rage, there was no such thing as air conditioning.

I think the English and Irish settlers found the heat here so distressing, they were prepared to put up with being cold in winter if it meant alleviating some of the sweating.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
When we were house hunting, Mrs Squirrel loved showing me these big old queenslanders with spacious verandahs and white picket fences. I vetoed them all in favour of a house with walls that didn't leak air like a sieve. These houses are designed to allow breezes through in summer, so people think of them as being cool, but people forget that at the time these were all the rage, there was no such thing as air conditioning.

I think the English and Irish settlers found the heat here so distressing, they were prepared to put up with being cold in winter if it meant alleviating some of the sweating.

Whereas the Scottish ones felt right at home with the insanely high temperatures and the kangaroos, crocodiles and shit. :p

One of my theories as to why Australians and Southern-state Americans are so crazy is because it's the consequences of leaving a bunch of Scots, English and Irish folks in hot environments for a prolonged period of time. We got so deranged we even invented new accents and shit.

Whereas the Scottish ones felt right at home with the insanely high temperatures and the kangaroos, crocodiles and shit. :p

One of my theories as to why Australians and Southern-state Americans are so crazy is because it's the consequences of leaving a bunch of Scots, English and Irish folks in hot environments for a prolonged period of time. We got so deranged we even invented new accents and shit.
I'm sure there were a few Welsh settlers in there as well. From what I understand though, the majority of the first settlers were Londoners and of Irish extraction. Our accent is apparently even heavily based on the cockney accent of the time.

I'm sure there were a few Welsh settlers in there as well. From what I understand though, the majority of the first settlers were Londoners and of Irish extraction. Our accent is apparently even heavily based on the cockney accent of the time.

except we say "I was sitting there" or "I sat there," instead of " I was sat there." What the fuck is up with that?

Fredescu

I am a battery 'en
In me box I'm sat
A funnel's stuck out from the side
Me pellets comes down that

I listened to my parents Pam Ayers vinyls way too often as a kid.

Cerity

Anyone tried out aussielent yet? Been looking at soylent for a while now, seems like it'd be a good replacement for the times when I'm not in a particular mood for food but need nutrition. I grabbed a 1 day pack but would like to hear any experiences with them.

MoonGred

Was thinking about buying kings quest on steam but got a bit confused with the difference between the season pass and complete version, the latter includes the epilogue. Anyone have a clue what they mean by that, can I assume its an additional episode?

Darren870

It is freezing here in Tasmania. My feet were soaked after getting hailed on all afternoon.

Very pretty though. Warming up with some beer now.

Rizzi

Was thinking about buying kings quest on steam but got a bit confused with the difference between the season pass and complete version, the latter includes the epilogue. Anyone have a clue what they mean by that, can I assume its an additional episode?

Yup.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Breaking news, possible fatality between flinders st / southern cross.

All trains into cbd stopped. No idea when they're moving again.

Stuck in bloody south kensington

Dryk

Have to go to Melbourne for a training course on Monday/Tuesday. Does anyone know where to get decent food in Clayton?

Darren870

Have to go to Melbourne for a training course on Monday/Tuesday. Does anyone know where to get decent food in Clayton?

Ha. .ha.. Clayton is such a shit hole. Sorry.
There was an okay Malaysian or Chinese restaurant upstairs across from the station.

The only good thing there was the cafe at the Clayton's Bowls Club. It used to have two ex vue de monde chefs. Sadly they've left so there isn't much left.

Dryk

Ha. .ha.. Clayton is such a shit hole. Sorry.
I love shit holes! The one time I went to Sydney I stayed in a hostel in Redfern! While wandering around after dark I ran into a drunk lady who was trying to get home from some sort of art exhibition, or so she claimed

Ah well I'm sure whatever PoS hotel the university put me up in will be able to feed me

Yrael

Can't be worse than the time I stayed in Sydney and came back to my dorm room at night to find that the construction workers outside had opened up the window and threaded a power cord through it to the outlet next to my bed.

Never stopped you before.

Bam. I have been zinged!
I also now have implied permission to spout obvious, corny and old jokes

Going to see Fantastic Four today, mainly because I want to see these ads again. I just love them so much.

-Hotel ad ripping of MJ's Black or White
-Westpac ad with sad music
-A dozen short schweppes ads
-Mastercard ad with pregnant woman buying a T shirt that says "get your fucking hands off my belly," off of a really dodgy-looking website
-Megan Gale makeup ad
-BMW ad

I think the last 6 films I have seen have had only these ads. At least the Westpac one has a few slight variations.

senahorse

Bam. I have been zinged!
I also now have implied permission to spout obvious, corny and old jokes

Going to see Fantastic Four today, mainly because I want to see these ads again. I just love them so much.

-Hotel ad ripping of MJ's Black or White
-Westpac ad with sad music
-A dozen short schweppes ads
-Mastercard ad with pregnant woman buying a T shirt that says "get your fucking hands off my belly," off of a really dodgy-looking website
-Megan Gale makeup ad
-BMW ad

I think the last 6 films I have seen have had only these ads. At least the Westpac one has a few slight variations.

Oh man, we (gf and I) were just commenting about that the other day, I was saying I really don't need to hear about someone's Polynesian skin or the BMW I can't afford etc. We go to the movies regularly so it's pretty grating, last time I timed it to ~ 5 minutes for that ad block, and they always start on time so we will just walk in 5 minutes later and avoid them.

Shaneus

Are they the same ads regardless of what cinema you go to? I don't remember seeing that many ads when I last went to a movie (Jurassic World, I think). Hell, pretty sure it was just local Geelong-based ads.

senahorse

Not sure what cinema Clive is talking about, I am specifically talking about Event Gold Class, I assume all the Events are the same.

Trading in Destiny ASAP and picking up The Taken King at retail when it hits. I got more than my moneys worth out of Destiny but TTK seems like a Reaper of Souls level improvement, on top of the extra content (and expansions I never grabbed).

I haven't followed the level of hype/controversy with this expansion, I bought Destiny ages back and bought the season pass stupidly as I barely have played it. That said, I want to get back into it. Will I get Taken King with my season pass? Should I swap it in at EBgames ASAP to get something for it and just buy the relaunched version?

I saw Mad Max 4 towards the end of its run in Melbourne and I had to sit through 35 minutes of ads. Fucking insane!

I haven't followed the level of hype/controversy with this expansion, I bought Destiny ages back and bought the season pass stupidly as I barely have played it. That said, I want to get back into it. Will I get Taken King with my season pass? Should I swap it in at EBgames ASAP to get something for it and just buy the relaunched version?

Season pass gets you the 2 expansions before The Taken King. You can just get TTK digitally on PSN/XBL and you are good to go.

radaxian

Wow - my Witcher 3 hardback arrived from Bookdepository already!

It looks amazing, and includes another bonus book "A Fractured Land: Tales of the Northern Realms". Best $12.43 I ever spent!

Shaneus

Mark Di Stefano (the not EB one) tracks down the originator of "Australia's greatest ever meme": http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/seriously-john-howard-djs-like-a-mad-cunt#.xeqd4oJx5

It's no doubt obvious to citizens which meme is being referred to, but since we have a lot of new and temporary Australians in this thread, the meme in question is:

jwh-dj-20070702-600w.jpg
I'm surprised it took that long. I remember commenting on the guy's Flickr account when I discovered where the original came from *years* ago. I'm the "Shane" in the comments on the Flickr page.

Edit: Managed to miraculously log into that Flickr account (my main one is completely different) and found this, dated 9th Jun 2007:
UWjIZQy.png

Stackboy

Pretty sure retail Taken King includes everything - Destiny plus first expansions though?

Edit - yes it seems to: https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps4-208751-Destiny-The-Taken-King-Legendary-Edition-PlayStation-4

Oh right. I'm just going to buy the upgrade.

Galak-Z is now available on the Aus PSN store. Love being able to buy games on my phone and set them to start downloading so they are there when I get home. Grabbed N++ too. It's going to go up in price in a few months, the devs said, when they add more content. Best get in on the ground floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom