• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait wait this is silly.

Game + Guitar
Rock Band: $250
Guitar Hero: $150

Game + 2 Guitars
Rock Band: N/A
Guitar Hero: $200

Game + 1 Guitar + Drums + Mic
Rock Band: $500
Guitar Hero: N/A

Pretty big difference in prices. Cheaper to buy 2 guitars for Guitar Hero than 1 for Rock Band!

Price to get the full bundle express shipped from amazon is well under 400. Even if it was region locked you could buy the base game digital here in addition and come out ahead. Lol.

senahorse

It's not just video games we get price gouged for. I am looking at getting a new pair of motorbike boots, locally they are $650, shipped to my door from Germany they are $389.

Shaneus

Are the guitars similar? If they're compatible with each other, might as well just buy GHL+guitar. Shame my old (and pretty damn good) Logitech guitar will be incompatible.

But it doesn't matter, I'm pretty over rhythm games anyway. So last gen.

Edit: God damnit. The 3D Realms pack on Steam is 40% off, at $24. Stupid temptation.

Quasar

Playing around with the new PSN title Submerged, made by an Australian dev. Interestingly it had a big Screen Australia logo up front. Not sure I've seen any games funded by them before.

Anyway from my little play I'm finding it an interesting little exploration/platforming title and with non-standard setting and a girl protagonist, which is nice to see. Seems pretty well aimed at younger players, but I enjoy exploring worlds so I'm enjoying myself. Noting a few points of slowdown though, which is not what I'd expect for a simpler title like this.

Dryk

Edit: God damnit. The 3D Realms pack on Steam is 40% off, at $24. Stupid temptation.
Do it

1206191-wordrescue7.gif

Playing around with the new PSN title Submerged, made by an Australian dev. Interestingly it had a big Screen Australia logo up front. Not sure I've seen any games funded by them before.
Uppercut was founded by ex-2K guys

Trevelyon

The iron price of EB games. That $250 MGSV CE is still singing my bank balance and that's just the deposit. Then you see a thread like this and you want to punch something (but you don't, obviously, because it'll cost upwards of $900+GST to replace)

Maximo

Small rant. Last four jobs I have gone to I haven't gotten the job, shits pretty annoying. Nothing impressive just looking for a job while I study online then back to university next year
Resume is really good, experience is decent retail,hospitality,customer service,worked with NRMA. Certificate IV in both Training and Assessment and Human Resources, yet no luck so far :/

Small rant. Last four jobs I have gone to I haven't gotten the job, shits pretty annoying. Nothing impressive just looking for a job while I study online then back to university next year
Resume is really good, experience is decent retail,hospitality,customer service,worked with NRMA. Certificate IV in both Training and Assessment and Human Resources, yet no luck so far :/
Lotta people looking for work out there, we recently interviewed 5 people for a simple entry level position and got like 50 applications in a week :/

Card Boy

Banned
Wait wait wait this is silly.

Game + Guitar
Rock Band: $250
Guitar Hero: $150

Game + 2 Guitars
Rock Band: N/A
Guitar Hero: $200

Game + 1 Guitar + Drums + Mic
Rock Band: $500
Guitar Hero: N/A

Pretty big difference in prices. Cheaper to buy 2 guitars for Guitar Hero than 1 for Rock Band!

Cheaper to buy Rocksmith 2014 + A cheapo Monterey guitar from JB for less than both and more educational in the long-run.

Rahk

I thought Heroes of the storm was supposed to be the friendly moba.

Played my first game, after 10min I got yelled at "learn your fkn class" "omg it's his first game we're fkd", "Moon do you even know what you're doing"

Why are all moba communities so vile?
I'd suggest finding friendly people you can play with or something, if possible. It's more fun than playing with randoms. Maybe if you find someone nice while playing, just add them. Mute the rest.

With Heroes of the Storm, I don't see it as the ‘friendly’ moba but as the accessible one. Hell, I'll be giving it a try soon.

I would expect some of the toxic atmosphere from other mobas to carry over, though I don't expect it to be as prevalent. Thankfully chat can be turned off if that's all they feel like saying. Let's not be helpful in any way, we'll antagonise our way to victory!
I haven't noticed much of that atmosphere, though I play with a couple friends so there's less likelihood of it since there's no enemy team chat. But if it comes up, just mute them and 15 mins later game is over anyway.

It is certainly more accessible. Give it a try, it's simpler and easier to get into than Dota. Games are usually much shorter too. There's still a bit to learn, but you can kind of naturally learn if you just want to play casually, rather than needing to go out of your way to read guides. The mechanics are pretty easy to pick up. You mostly just need to learn the maps/objectives and play a variety of heroes so you know what they're all capable of.

MoonGred

Yeah that looks pretty great, keen to see that eventually (probably only run for 3 days down here I bet)

Jelly! Regret not getting tickets now. Damn good lineup and a cage match!

Yea definitely get some tickets next year! The fact that Hogan was replaced by HBK was just an added bonus.

There were a couple of guys behind us that got really inappropriate during the diva match, my girlfriend felt really grossed out by it, but apart from that it was pretty good.

There were a couple of guys behind us that got really inappropriate during the diva match, my girlfriend felt really grossed out by it, but apart from that it was pretty good.

Fuckers, hope they got shut down pretty quick. Who was in the diva match? I assume Emma was one of them.

MoonGred

you need to go into the latest Tony Hawk 5 thread The pics are better than the Palmer Luckey thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091037

wXVzUEE.gif

That thread has just spiralled out of control, it's amazing

Fuckers, hope they got shut down pretty quick. Who was in the diva match? I assume Emma was one of them.

Bella twins v Natalya and Emma

so it was a typical wrasslegaf crowd, then

I feared for this so many comments along the lines of "I'd tag team them" and worse. They weren't even teenagers but grown ass men.

Bella twins v Natalya and Emma

Shame they couldn't get the NXT female wrestlers here. Not a fan of the Bella's, Natalya is great though (poorly used for years now sadly).

I also really hate thrown together tag matches like that. A good tag match requires a hell of a lot of chemistry and strategy to lay out the spots at a good pace.

MoonGred

Shame they couldn't get the NXT female wrestlers here. Not a fan of the Bella's, Natalya is great though (poorly used for years now sadly).

I also really hate thrown together tag matches like that. A good tag match requires a hell of a lot of chemistry and strategy to lay out the spots at a good pace.

It was blatantly obvious that this was the case, Natalya was there just to get the crowd to cheer for Emma. That said it wasn't the worst wrestling I had seen, all 4 girls did a good job.

choodi

Banned
Is anyone interested in a WiiU virtual console copy of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga GBA?

I screwed up and ordered it with my Club Nintendo points, but completely forgot that i had already bought it on the VC.

I'd prefer a trade, but if i have no takers willing to trade, I'll probably just give it away. PM me if you're interested.

Belgian bars are ridiculous hey
So many beers available. Pretty sure one of theirs has the guiness world record for most available and they even outdid their old record at some point.
Also went to an all absinthe bar in Brussels with a solid couple hundred of them iirc

Edit: oh that is delirium :p

Danoss

I haven't noticed much of that atmosphere, though I play with a couple friends so there's less likelihood of it since there's no enemy team chat. But if it comes up, just mute them and 15 mins later game is over anyway.

It is certainly more accessible. Give it a try, it's simpler and easier to get into than Dota. Games are usually much shorter too. There's still a bit to learn, but you can kind of naturally learn if you just want to play casually, rather than needing to go out of your way to read guides. The mechanics are pretty easy to pick up. You mostly just need to learn the maps/objectives and play a variety of heroes so you know what they're all capable of.

Thanks, Rahk. What you've said sums up what I'll be doing and how I'll be going about it.

I expect there to be plenty to learn still and I'm okay with that; it'd be a shallow game if that wasn't the case. It doesn't feel like I have to read any guides before getting into the game, except to understand the map layouts and objectives, as you said. I like that.

A mate of mine will be bringing over the retail pack a little later today. Seemed like good value at just over $20 with a staff discount. If the Zeratul trick still works, I can send you the code if you don't have him.

UPS was nice enough to give me the amazing rate of 250USD, because you know how big and heavy a mug is.

when I moved back home from the US, I went to a US Post office (USPS rather than UPS), dropped a grand so I could ship back two guitars, a 27" iMac and a 20kg box full of DVDs games, clothes and some consoles. $250 for a mug seems, er, extreme. Unless it was made out of the heart of a neutron star.

MoonGred

when I moved back home from the US, I went to a US Post office (USPS rather than UPS), dropped a grand so I could ship back two guitars, a 27" iMac and a 20kg box full of DVDs games, clothes and some consoles. $250 for a mug seems, er, extreme. Unless it was made out of the heart of a neutron star.

Yea I had to double check to make sure it didn't say $25. It's weird that giant bomb doesn't have better rates for small stuff like that. I was always under the impression that they seem to have a very decent following down under, maybe they're just very vocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom