• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - my Witcher 3 hardback arrived from Bookdepository already!

It looks amazing, and includes another bonus book "A Fractured Land: Tales of the Northern Realms". Best $12.43 I ever spent!
Mine too! Damn good quality books too.

Uuuuuhhh you will still need to have Destiny to play The Taken King.

Yeah that's why I'm going retail. Will work out better than grabbing a season pass and TTK digitally.

I wish I got the Witcher book :( I was staring at it, went fuck it and clicked art to cart. Out of stock 😥

Also my day has been set up a bunch of pens, then put 47 cats in them. We're expecting 80+. Hoarders man. Hoard magazines or something

I wish I got the Witcher book :( I was staring at it, went fuck it and clicked art to cart. Out of stock 😥

Also my day has been set up a bunch of pens, then put 47 cats in them. We're expecting 80+. Hoarders man. Hoard magazines or something

Likely a bunch are still in the neighbourhood until night you think? Had a few instances like that here sadly, poor kittys :(

Shaneus

Nah, she had them living in her dead mothers house where she'd feed them and shit. They were living in the dark, indoors. All Maine coons or maine coon crosses
Beautiful cats :( There's one on an ad for cat food right now that my girlfriend just goes nuts over.

Oh right. I'm just going to buy the upgrade.

Galak-Z is now available on the Aus PSN store. Love being able to buy games on my phone and set them to start downloading so they are there when I get home. Grabbed N++ too. It's going to go up in price in a few months, the devs said, when they add more content. Best get in on the ground floor.

N++ is great. Galaxz is ok, only played it briefly the other day so will give it a proper go over the weekend.

Dryk

Man I've got so many good ideas for my girlfriend's birthday present but I already have most of what I'm getting her. Normally I'd throw them in a .txt file for later use but there's not going to be another gift giving event <.<

Man I've got so many good ideas for my girlfriend's birthday present but I already have most of what I'm getting her. Normally I'd throw them in a .txt file for later use but there's not going to be another gift giving event <.<
Umph. That sounds dire...

are we going to read about this in the newspapers?

MoonGred

I thought Heroes of the storm was supposed to be the friendly moba.

Played my first game, after 10min I got yelled at "learn your fkn class" "omg it's his first game we're fkd", "Moon do you even know what you're doing"

Why are all moba communities so vile?

Cerity

Because people seem to play unranked matches as if they're on an interstellar-esque space odyssey with complete strangers.

Get a bunch of friends/people you somewhat know and party up, it's the only way to play moba's and stay sane imo.

Rizzi

Played my first game, after 10min I got yelled at "learn your fkn class" "omg it's his first game we're fkd", "Moon do you even know what you're doing"

Git gud tho.

But seriously, I've seen that shit once in HotS it's a lot better than most moba's.

Why are all online communities so vile?

Actually scratch that. Been playing FFXIV lately and I haven't run into a single mean or nasty player. All helpful in dungeons/instances/out in the world.

Dunno, I basically have muted everyone else in online games for years. I have never bothered with a headset.

quick film reviews:
Fantastic Four was ok. Not great, not terrible.
It has issues but I wouldn't call it a total disaster on the level of ASM or Green Lantern.
I am stoked for Man from Uncle this week.

The ads were the same but thankfully at least there were in a different order.
That and Garden City Gold Class has gotten nice new seats.

That Everest rescue movie and The Martian trailers. They look like they have the exact same plot. The Martian looks like it could be very good. Stoked for Man from UNCLE next week.

I also couldn't find a copy of Rare Replay at Target.

Dryk

Umph. That sounds dire...
It's actually fine. But a few weeks ago she was like "So this doesn't have a future does it?" and I was all "No, it probably doesn't" and we decided that we should break up sometime soon.

In the end I got 2/3 of the things

Why are all online communities so vile?

Actually scratch that. Been playing FFXIV lately and I haven't run into a single mean or nasty player. All helpful in dungeons/instances/out in the world.
Rocket League's community is fine because there's no chat, but you can still tell people they fucked up using sarcasm.

Card Boy

Banned
If anyone has gone to the David Bowie Is exhibition and doesn't want their free Google Play album redemption i will take it. I have already gone.

Dryk

If anyone has gone to the David Bowie Is exhibition and doesn't want their free Google Play album redemption i will take it. I have already gone.
We went to the ACMI when we in Melbourne but we were cheapskates and didn't go to Bowie, otherwise I would :(

Cerity

Finally got muh gawddamn sonicare toothbrush. I bought one nearly a month ago off ebay and after 3 weeks of dicking me around the seller admitted they didn't send it off to begin with. Got a refund and bought the healthywhite model locally. It sat on it's ass on the other side of brisbane for a week (thanks auspost!) and now it's my hands.

Also bought one of them moto 360's with that ozbargain deal, very keen on that, got some watch face designs already thought up.

Rizzi

I went to buy some tracksuit pants and a hoodie today and everything was replaced with shorts and tshirts.
It's still cold ;_;

It's actually fine. But a few weeks ago she was like "So this doesn't have a future does it?" and I was all "No, it probably doesn't" and we decided that we should break up sometime soon.

In the end I got 2/3 of the things

Rocket League's community is fine because there's no chat, but you can still tell people they fucked up using sarcasm.

Nice shot!

Dryk

What a save!

EDIT: Turns out there is a chat I just don't know what the button is, and apparently nobody else does either

Shaneus

Your Friday funny thread. Enjoy:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1091637

td;lrd: Palmer Luckey features on the front of time:
bI2PIik.jpg
Hilarity ensues:
XYjO2us.png

There's more at the link. Way, way more.

Your Friday funny thread. Enjoy:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1091637

td;lrd: Palmer Luckey features on the front of time:

There's more at the link. Way, way more.

Harsh, but fair.

Also, big thanks to Target Springwood for pointing out why retail is already dead and showing me why I should just order from OGS from now on. useless cunts.

"Ring bell for assistance," must be Targetese for "fuck off, the three of us are stacking shelves."

Shaneus

Harsh, but fair.

Also, big thanks to Target Springwood for pointing out why retail is already dead and showing me why I should just order from OGS from now on. useless cunts.

"Ring bell for assistance," must be Targetese for "fuck off, the three of us are stacking shelves."
I can't remember the last time I ordered a retail game. At least, from a major chain. Not counting the stupidly cheap sale at Big W a month or two ago, the last boxed game I bought was a Driveclub steelbook from Mightyape.

I can't remember the last time I ordered a retail game. At least, from a major chain. Not counting the stupidly cheap sale at Big W a month or two ago, the last boxed game I bought was a Driveclub steelbook from Mightyape.

I still get at most locally (usually Big W or JB) since the prices at launch tend to still be quite decent with OGS filling in the gaps. But I didn't want to wait a week and Target were advertising a much better local price than anyone else. Pity they either don't have it in stock or don't want to sell you anything. It's the last time I set foot in a Target store. I can't remember the last time I actually managed to buy something from them when venturing inside one of their stores.

tl;dr fuck target in their loading bay

Shaneus

I still get at most locally (usually Big W or JB) since the prices at launch tend to still be quite decent with OGS filling in the gaps. But I didn't want to wait a week and Target were advertising a much better local price than anyone else. Pity they either don't have it in stock or don't want to sell you anything. It's the last time I set foot in a Target store. I can't remember the last time I actually managed to buy something from them when venturing inside one of their stores.

tl;dr fuck target in their loading bay
It's more that I just know I never have time to play games these days, so anything I buy on launch is going to be a total waste of money.

I am thinking of going in on the 15% discount before Aug 10th for that AG racer the ex-Wipeout devs are working on. It sounds very promising.

Stackboy

I have such great memories of seeing them and Less Than Jake co-headlining with Streetlight Manifesto supporting at the HiFi Bar. sogood.gif

Hope you enjoy it!

I saw a couple of shows on that tour! The funny thing is, they are touring with LTJ again this time around.

Would love another Streetlight Manifesto tour, but I don't think its going to happen.

senahorse

Fell into that trap last gen, ended up with a pile of useless plastic in the form of toy guitars, drums, turn tables etc, not this time.

Danoss

Ultima Lucha, part 2 of the Lucha Underground finale is now available in glorious HD.

Also, this weeks episode of The Genius was excellent, a little different, and a little odd. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kyunghoon has come a long way in such a short period of time. I take back what I originally said about him not belonging on the show in the first place. His spy play was absolutely flawless. It was aided by Dongmin being brilliant and roping in Jungmoon too, knowing that she would be terrible and obvious. This was amplified Dongmin and Hyunmin making obvious movements to watch Jungmoon. This was inspired, but I don't want to downplay how well Kyunghoon played his role.

There is one thing that I might have to re-watch in case I missed something. Why were they fooled by Jungmoon's ‘beggar’ gesture after missing when she touched her chin to indicate ‘cartel’? If Kyunghoon was the ace up their sleeve, why rely on the information from Jungmoon?

Kyunghoon's instructions to Junseok in the deathmatch were just incredible. When Junseok put those three tiles down, it almost completely rattled my brain too. I was pretty sure at the time that, as planned, there were only just enough tiles to complete the route. Not to big-note myself, but it was just being able to visualise the path and count how many tiles were required—even then I wasn't certain. It'd be a different story when you're on set, your opponent is there and the pressure is on. Also, being able to visualise that sort of thing can be extremely difficult when you can't relax and maintain focus.

Jungmoon is only hanging on by a thread at this point. It's only through Junseok's strategic decision she wasn't chosen for the deathmatch—I think “choose a number below 10” was misdirection and Yeonseung was always his pick. Her social play is incredibly awkward and has only gotten worse. It may be due to the editing or me misinterpreting something that happened in the episode, but some of her behaviour was just baffling.

With Heroes of the Storm, I don't see it as the ‘friendly’ moba but as the accessible one. Hell, I'll be giving it a try soon.

I would expect some of the toxic atmosphere from other mobas to carry over, though I don't expect it to be as prevalent. Thankfully chat can be turned off if that's all they feel like saying. Let's not be helpful in any way, we'll antagonise our way to victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom