• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
I don't know or care what Metro want with their strike in Melbourne on Wednesday and Friday but fuck them all. The trains have being running worse and worse and we get squished like sardines in the carriages. I barely have enough room to wipe my nose let alone type this fucken message.

Fuck you Metro, your just as bad as Connex.

Omikron

Problem is the lack of investment in the infrastructure. Hard to perform well when the tech is miles behind where it should be.

Metro still rubbish mind.

JC Sera

I don't know or care what Metro want with their strike in Melbourne on Wednesday and Friday but fuck them all. The trains have being running worse and worse and we get squished like sardines in the carriages. I barely have enough room to wipe my nose let alone type this fucken message.

Fuck you Metro, your just as bad as Connex.
Don't fucking blame poor train employees for what the shitty company that employes them does

Seriously fuck that shit, my train kept terminating 1 stop b4 my stop, due to that whole station skipping controversy
I remember months before that was unearthed, the train driver was ranting and just as livid about the train terminating 3 stops to early every day as the passengers

like seriously don't you dare fucking blame train workers for this shit, they have to deal with your shit, suicides, idiot car drivers wiping themselves

its such an unthankful and emotionally tolling job

Omikron

Don't fucking blame poor train employees for what the shitty company that employes them does

Seriously fuck that shit, my train kept terminating 1 stop b4 my stop, due to that whole station skipping controversy
I remember months before that was unearthed, the train driver was ranting and just as livid about the train terminating 3 stops to early every day as the passengers

like seriously don't you dare fucking blame train workers for this shit, they have to deal with your shit, suicides, idiot car drivers wiping themselves

its such an unthankful and emotionally tolling job

Hurstbridge line?

Gazunta

Syd-GAF: Thanks everyone for your feedback about places to check out while in Sydney! I had a bit less time than I originally planned, but had a fantastic visit. Highlights included:
  • walking around Circular Quay a lot (loved the hot chocolates at Guylian and of course the view)
  • visiting the Museum of Contemporary Art, there's lots of neat stuff there
  • Cool museum tour of these houses built on the rocks in 1844 that was neat
  • taking up way too much of Mark Serrel's time and crushing one of his bucket list goals
  • visiting Red Eye records and resisting the urge to spend way too much money on music
  • checking out all the comic shops Sydney has to offer, and getting my new book Rose #1 stocked in one of them - go pay Comic Kingdom on Liverpool St a visit!
  • So many hot chocolates god damn
  • playing against some randos at Street Fighter 4 in the George St Timezone, and getting thoroughly schooled like the n3wb I am
  • soaking up all the free power and wifi at random hotel lobbies to grab the latest build and send emails with no hassles, thanks folks

Looking forward to going back some day! Hopefully will have more time to scope out arcades and good game shops.

Bris-GAF! The Zine and Indie Comics Symposium show is on THIS WEEKEND! It is being held at The Edge, part of the State Library of QLD in South Bank. There will be lots of very talented comic artists there showing off their latest works, and I'll be there too har har. Come by on Saturday to grab a copy of Rose #1 and get a sketch or something :)

I wish PS4s could use USB hard drives as storage space for games. I'm not really keen on cracking mine open and replacing the HD.

it wasn't too complicated on PS3 and that glossy bit slides off quite easily on the PS4. I haven't tried to replace the HDD on the PS4 yet, I just needed to tighten that fucking eject screw every few months.

in other news, Rare Replay turned up from OGS (it shipped Friday before last). There were ants in my mail box, which also managed to get into the factory shrink wrapping with no trouble at all. The ants are playing the game right now while I quiver fearfully in a corner.

vanty

Anyone know what is the best TV for under $2000 at the moment? Don't care about 4K or 3D. I no longer have the TV I've happily had for the past couple years and am now stuck with some 5/6 year old low-end Sony pos until I get something new. Hard trying to do research because most reviews are American or British and the model numbers are often changed here and they're mostly all for 4K curved stuff now.

trinest

Anyone know what is the best TV for under $2000 at the moment? Don't care about 4K or 3D. I no longer have the TV I've happily had for the past couple years and am now stuck with some 5/6 year old low-end Sony pos until I get something new. Hard trying to do research because most reviews are American or British and the model numbers are often changed here and they're mostly all for 4K curved stuff now.

If you are paying $2000 for a TV why not get a 4K TV?

The LG ones look decent.

I was going to say you should be able to get a good 1080p Sony or Samsung 50 or so incher for under a grand, but they're closer to $1500. Dunno if that's just due to the falling dollar or because we have Father's Day and Footy Finals coming up.

The 50" Sony Bravia W800B I bought last year for $1100 has been really good (though it has 3D, the W700 is a step down without the 3D but otherwise the same. Low input lag and the remote can be used to control media on PS4.

The 55 inch W800C is just under 2k ATM at JB and there's a 4k Samsung 50" for 2k.

radaxian

I was going to say you should be able to get a good 1080p Sony or Samsung 50 or so incher for under a grand, but they're closer to $1500. Dunno if that's just due to the falling dollar or because we have Father's Day and Footy Finals coming up.

The 50" Sony Bravia W800B I bought last year for $1100 has been really good (though it has 3D, the W700 is a step down without the 3D but otherwise the same. Low input lag and the remote can be used to control media on PS4.

The 55 inch W800C is just under 2k ATM at JB and there's a 4k Samsung 50" for 2k.

Yep I've got a 55" Sony W800(A?) and it has been great. Love the PS4 control too (HDMI device link).

Rizzi

Good morning AusGAF! I just launched a Kickstarter for my new comic project, the fifth issue of Blow The Cartridge, and maybe YOU can guest star in it! How cool would that be? Yeah I know so cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/camerondavis/blow-the-cartridge-5-the-retrogaming-comic-book

Please check it out :)

In other news, I spent two days walking around Sydney last week and got one (1) Streetpass hit, what gives geeez

Yeah that sounds about right for Sydney.

hamchan

Bought a Sony kdl60w600b last year and a kdl55w800c a couple of months ago. So yeah I'm a fan of Sony TVs.

The falling dollar and because it's a newer model made the 55 inch way more expensive than the 60 inch from last year.

Finding both tvs to be pretty great so far. Both 1080p. Honestly, I don't think 4k will be a necessity for a while since there's still not much content being produced for it. 1080p still looks fantastic to me, I think it's enough for my TV size and distance from the screen and my bandwidth probably isn't good enough to stream 4k yet.

Look out for LGs. Ours has an auto screen dimming / brightening feature that plays all sorts of havoc with dark scenes. What's worse is you cannot turn it off.

Hate all these auto brightness changing. It's so damn jarring when it happens too. Thankfully you can immediately turn it off on the Sonys.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
When you guys joining us for CSGO?

It's also hitscan. And it also has issues with hit detection and lag compensation.

Bomb Planting hitboxes are terrible in CSGO though.

Would have been nice for that to be fixed for ESL ONE this week! See if anything funky happens.

Omikron

Bomb Planting hitboxes are terrible in CSGO though.

Would have been nice for that to be fixed for ESL ONE this week! See if anything funky happens.

They fixed some hitboxes this week, lag compensation on pose parameters.... But it is difficult for them to make too many changes just before a major.

The ladder/plant/jumping stuff is bad though.

Danoss

This week's The Genius. OMG!

Kyungrun, NOOOOOOO!!!

Dongmin continues to impress me with how intelligent he really is. It's visible in his play, but that with that pattern recognition his IQ has to be right up there. He's a hard man to beat. Yeonjoo almost had him last season.

I did want to see Kyungrun kick some arse after Kyunghoon and Dongmin conspired to confine her to last place. It was obvious they screwed someone over when the number never left the container in view of anyone else. I wonder what might've happened if Kyungrun didn't fall for it, took the –20 and forced Dongmin into last place and Jinho gave her the token.

Pleased with next week being the traditional episode with special guests. Nice to see Poong again, I like that guy. Doohee deserves another go 'round, so it's good to see him too—it would've been preferable if he had a chance to stomp Jiwon, but that would mean having to see that dickhead's face again. Also, will Ahyoung put Kyunghoon off his game? Maybe Sangmin being there will do the same. We'll have to see...

Almost mistook Hyunmin for Sunggyu in one shot with what looked like a different hair colour. Not to be, unfortunately.

When you guys joining us for CSGO?

I should check out a little more CS:GO and see what it's like. I remember staying up late/waking up early to watch CS tournaments back when spectating via HLTV was introduced. Not sure when that was exactly, but I think the CPL and CAL ran a lot of them back then. some WCG too. It was great, especially for the time, though I was playing a lot of CS back then.

Mostly watching SC2 tournaments these days. Wouldn't have much interest in them if it wasn't for HolyCheck's enthusiasm back when it was released. Those nights in Steam chat watching the GSL through the GOM player were great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom