• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I played it on PC a while back, still keen for the PS4 version! You can send it if you want, otherwise I can wait and grab it off you at PAX.
I don't think I'm going to PAX (or I'm just going for a single day). But we'll definitely catch up around then! But I hope to post it super soon, and could well be done with GTA5 by then as well (around 25% complete, apparently. Any story missions I struggle with from here on in I'll skip, sometimes I'm just not having fun with them as they become the usual, tedious "steal this, then chase this, then hijack this person then bring this back to me" rigmarole).

Like Gaz said, who is going to PAX and who is in the Melb region keen for a meetup at the end of October?

ALSO anyone keen to get back into Destiny? I don't have the expansions but it feels like I'll be running the daily mission every night if anyone wants to join me. Usually on between 7pm-10pm.

I don't think I'm going to PAX (or I'm just going for a single day). But we'll definitely catch up around then! But I hope to post it super soon, and could well be done with GTA5 by then as well (around 25% complete, apparently. Any story missions I struggle with from here on in I'll skip, sometimes I'm just not having fun with them as they become the usual, tedious "steal this, then chase this, then hijack this person then bring this back to me" rigmarole).
Ah cool, you'll make it to the meetup though I bet!

ACCC approves TPG takeover of iiNet.

Should this be concerning? iiNet have been really good in terms of sticking up for consumer rights so I assume this is concerning.

Quasar

Should this be concerning? iiNet have been really good in terms of sticking up for consumer rights so I assume this is concerning.

That's one thing I'd expect to go away. And less competition is less competition.

Wonder how internode customers feel after being taken over for a while.

That's one thing I'd expect to go away. And less competition is less competition.

Wonder how internode customers feel after being taken over for a while.

It hasn't affected me that much and I've been with node since 2006. I still talk to someone in Adelaide when I have a problem. My only gripe is the fact that internode/iinet and now TPG don't actually have equipment in the local exchange, they're just reselling Telstra DSL, just slightly cheaper for the same bandwidth quotas.

Gazunta

Thanks Danoss, glad to be on the service, and on the same day the new Archie book dropped too so it's a good day to be on there :)

Hey! Some local guys have made a new iOS / Android racing game called Street Drift 86. IT'S ALSO REALLY COOL AND FREE AND YOU SHOULD PLAY IT YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBgMckUdHDQ

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/street-drift-86/id1001072571
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MaxPowerGames.StreetDrift86
Coming soon to Windows phone.

Darren870

Thanks, I'll try to see what I can in the 2 days I have left.

You could recommend a cheap way to get to Frankfurt from London on Saturday. ;)

Err...
Well I would suggest looking at either Ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn (looks like 100GBP base..without the added fees), but that puts you in the sticks.

Or you could get a flight to Dusseldorf or Cologne with GermanWings then take the train down. Those flights are 89GBP & 99GBP without added luggage.

Or there is a BA flight direct for 140GBP, with luggage, 125 without.

Or there is an SAS for 111GBP, but a short stopover. Which may or may not concern you..its 35 mins in Copenhagen .

If I had a checked bag, I would probably do the last.

Thanks Danoss, glad to be on the service, and on the same day the new Archie book dropped too so it's a good day to be on there :)

Hey! Some local guys have made a new iOS / Android racing game called Street Drift 86. IT'S ALSO REALLY COOL AND FREE AND YOU SHOULD PLAY IT YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBgMckUdHDQ

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/street-drift-86/id1001072571
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MaxPowerGames.StreetDrift86
Coming soon to Windows phone.

Was fun, could even put up with the banner ads. Can't however put up with video ads after 5 or so runs. It's been deleted. I really hate where mobile games have been forced to go to get revenue.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
With rent at ~$280 a week I was getting ~$60 a fortnight "rent assistance". So, yeah. Don't bank on it.

Over the last month I've picked up on my home cooking, trying to learn new things and generally cook better food, and I'm really fucking stoked with how tonight's turned out.

1uiszy.jpg

Simple burner, but replaced the buns with eggplant fried with egg and coconut flour, whipped up a chili and spring onion guacamole, some mustard in the beef patties, bacon, and a drizzle of made up blue cheese sauce. Put it next to some thin sweet potato chips and easy salad.

Fuck it was good.

With rent at ~$280 a week I was getting ~$60 a fortnight "rent assistance". So, yeah. Don't bank on it.

Over the last month I've picked up on my home cooking, trying to learn new things and generally cook better food, and I'm really fucking stoked with how tonight's turned out.

1uiszy.jpg

Simple burner, but replaced the buns with eggplant fried with egg and coconut flour, whipped up a chili and spring onion guacamole, some mustard in the beef patties, bacon, and a drizzle of made up blue cheese sauce. Put it next to some thin sweet potato chips and easy salad.

Fuck it was good.

yeah looks nice, I must try, but without the eggplant. Eggplants are nature's self-hating way of apologising for sugar.

also, I'm rather spoiled so when I make burgers, I put things in with the mince- a little garlic, an egg, bread crumbs, oregano, onion, ground parsley (food processors are worth having). you can also put a small piece of cheese in the middle of the patty. They are basically keftedes (rissoles) rather than just mince with some salt and pepper.

I had fucking soup tonight. sure, it was really nice and I made it almost from scratch but it's still soup and not a fucking Master Burger like EC made.

Dead Man

1uiszy.jpg

Fuck it was good.
Damn that looks good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Worse than Abbott.

And yeah, normally when I do burgers they become rissoles. Lots of spices and things in them. This time around I wanted to keep it simple so they didn't overpower the other flavours, especially when there's bacon and blue cheese. Bit of hot English mustard and egg in the patties (and salt and pepper) and I was good to go.

I fucking love soup though. My second favourite recent dish I made was a cheese and jalapeno soup. Stupid thick and rich but full of spices and so fucking tasty. Perfect for cold weather.

I usually do these two soups.

Tonight's was cauliflower
Basically dice up some onions and garlic, brown them in a big pot on the stove/cooktop, then add 2 full cauliflowers, a 1 litre of vegetable stock, 1 small-medium potato peeled and chopped up into smallish chunks and half a celery chopped up. cover it with water and add a bit of salt and pepper. Let it boil and then use a stick blender to mash it up. Boil a bit more, let it sit, then eat. Et voila.

Pumpkin's really nice too but you need to roast the pumpkin in the over first. Best if you use 2 butternut pumpkins (for some reason, these are called squash in America compared to the tiny yellow zucchinis we call squash here). Again with the onion in the pot add the pumpkin and a litre of vege stock and a bit of salt. After it's boiled, use the stick blender to mash it up. Add a tablespoon of honey, a few sprinkles of nutmeg and about two tablespoons of dijon mustard, stir really well, put it on a low heat to simmer for 5 minutes but be really careful, pumpkin acts like lava and will cover your benchtop if you don't use the pot lid as a catcher while you're stirring/mashing.

occasionally I do a mushroom one as well which is basically the same as the cauliflower (no celery or potato but you need to use about 250ml of cream so it's definitely more fattening)

Cerity

Any ausgaffers have experience with wall mounted monitor arms? Thinking about clearing up my desk and mounting my two side monitors to the wall and letting them rotate/swing around freely.

Danoss

Eggplant fucking sucks. When I'm president of Australia I'm going to ban the shit.

Have some eggplant properly prepared, crumbed and fried. I used to feel the same until someone did that for me. It's delicious.

Any ausgaffers have experience with wall mounted monitor arms? Thinking about clearing up my desk and mounting my two side monitors to the wall and letting them rotate/swing around freely.

I've only mounted monitor arms to my desk—they're currently attached by a clamp. There are others where you can drill into the desk or you can have a single minimalist base the arms will pivot from. That is if you decide against wall-mounting and want a viable alternative.

MoonGred

holy shit that looks AMAZING. Also nice to see someone else who likes sweet potato chips, they're so good! I would probably go as far to say I like them more than regular potato chips.

WOAH THERE

eggplant is wonderful, and is also a key ingredient in moussaka

I'm sorry Nova but eggplant is horrendous.

Eggplant is part of the axis of evil along with broccoli and zucchini (even chrome doesn't want to spell that last horror).

Zucchini,eh I have a few recipes where zucchinis are good. I agree on your melanzanaphobic statements, but you leave Broccoli alone.

also at least we don't call them aubergines and courgettes. How pretentious? Like asking for a glass of eau at a restaurant.

r1chard

SRI is going to be removed from the curriculum in Victoria \o/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/r...scrapped-from-curriculum-20150820-gj425e.html

Instead of teaching religion to the kids who actually opt in while the other half sit around and draw (or play computer games), they're going to teach new content on world histories, cultures, faiths and ethics. And classes that address domestic violence and respectful relationships!

Too late to recover all that time that my daughter ended up wasting, but still a positive move.

Omikron

SRI is going to be removed from the curriculum in Victoria \o/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/r...scrapped-from-curriculum-20150820-gj425e.html

Instead of teaching religion to the kids who actually opt in while the other half sit around and draw (or play computer games), they're going to teach new content on world histories, cultures, faiths and ethics. And classes that address domestic violence and respectful relationships!

Too late to recover all that time that my daughter ended up wasting, but still a positive move.

As someone with young kids, big thumbs up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom