• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

SRI is going to be removed from the curriculum in Victoria \o/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/r...scrapped-from-curriculum-20150820-gj425e.html

Instead of teaching religion to the kids who actually opt in while the other half sit around and draw (or play computer games), they're going to teach new content on world histories, cultures, faiths and ethics. And classes that address domestic violence and respectful relationships!

Too late to recover all that time that my daughter ended up wasting, but still a positive move.

Hi from a state where Fred Nile holds the balance of power in the senate. Wonder if my kid can catch the bus from Sydney to Melbourne for school every day.

who? and who cares?
I was being facetious (hooray for Poe's Law), but David Chang is the dude who runs the Momofuku chain of restaurants. Considered a pretty good chef by many accounts.

But Americans and burgers can sometimes be weird, so whatever. Though I do think sometimes we tend to pile too many differing and competing flavours on burgers and pizzas.

I was being facetious (hooray for Poe's Law), but David Chang is the dude who runs the Momofuku chain of restaurants. Considered a pretty good chef by many accounts.

But Americans and burgers can sometimes be weird, so whatever. Though I do think sometimes we tend to pile too many differing and competing flavours on burgers and pizzas.

I'm certainly guilty of that. My brother eats the burgers with a bread roll, a patty with some cheese and some ketchup. I put cheese, beetroot egg, lettuce, ketchup, mustard and mayo/aioli and pickles. occasionally sauerkraut goes on.

I have stopped putting chips in the burger. I have fairy plain Pizza though, usually just pepperoni, sometime with onion and capsicum. occasionally i swap the peperoni for feta cheese.

I'm going out for lunch today. It'll either be grill'd or pizza. leaning more towards grill'd

Err...
Well I would suggest looking at either Ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn (looks like 100GBP base..without the added fees), but that puts you in the sticks.

Or you could get a flight to Dusseldorf or Cologne with GermanWings then take the train down. Those flights are 89GBP & 99GBP without added luggage.

Or there is a BA flight direct for 140GBP, with luggage, 125 without.

Or there is an SAS for 111GBP, but a short stopover. Which may or may not concern you..its 35 mins in Copenhagen .

If I had a checked bag, I would probably do the last.

Yeah that was my plan as well, go to Copenhagen and spend half a day there before I catch my connecting flight.

Gazunta

Eggplant and broccoli defense force representing! SHEESH. Nothing like a nice piece of grilled eggplant on your burger that's for sure.

MAYBE I'LL HAVE ONE FOR LUNCH HUH

Oh hey! Reminder that if you're in Brisbane tomorrow, I'll be at the ZICS comic convention thingie in The Edge, part of the State Library at Southbank! COMICS COMICS COMICS!

CM5ClSWWoAAApiY.jpg

senahorse

I'm certainly guilty of that. My brother eats the burgers with a bread roll, a patty with some cheese and some ketchup. I put cheese, beetroot egg, lettuce, ketchup, mustard and mayo/aioli and pickles. occasionally sauerkraut goes on.

C'mon man, you're missing bacon and caramlised onion.

Eggplant and broccoli defense force representing! SHEESH. Nothing like a nice piece of grilled eggplant on your burger that's for sure.

welp, Gazunta is now officially dead to the half of Ausgaf with working tastebuds.

C'mon man, you're missing bacon and caramlised onion.

bacon yes, caramelised onion is just too overpowering to have in anything but the smallest quantities. I like the first bite and the second but after the third, I'm picking it off

Omikron

There are 3 ingredients that must go on the burger. All the rest are optional extras and I am not fussed if they are missing.

1) Cheese.
2) Pickles.
3) Tomato ketchup.

Ends.

Fredescu

bacon yes, caramelised onion is just too overpowering to have in anything but the smallest quantities. I like the first bite and the second but after the third, I'm picking it off

I could be wrong, but I think in that case the onion just hasn't been caramelised properly. They should be soft and dark brown and not that strong tasting. They take a while to do this way, so most take out burger joints won't have it.

senahorse

I could be wrong, but I think in that case the onion just hasn't been caramelised properly. They should be soft and dark brown and not that strong tasting. They take a while to do this way, so most take out burger joints won't have it.

I like to fry a chopped whole onion with a little bit of 'real' butter until nice and soft and then slowly add a tbsp of balsamic vinegar with a tbsp of brown sugar, perfection :).

Gazunta

Dunno if I mentioned it before but Ben's Burgers in Fortitude Valley were probably the best burgers I've ever eaten ever. YEAH YOU HEARD ME

And I'm never going to agree with this. Who is this and why is he so wrong?
Well-known American chef. No surprise his opinion is different since the food culture is different.

There are 3 ingredients that must go on the burger. All the rest are optional extras and I am not fussed if they are missing.

1) Cheese.
2) Pickles.
3) Tomato ketchup.

Ends.
I can even live without the cheese (but prefer not to).

Dead Man

You guys and your rissole "burgers" are part of the reason David Chang says Australians make terrible burgers. Check out A Hamburger Today for burger tips.
And onions and tomatoes—what do they do? Seriously, why not eat it as a salad on the side? That, I would understand. If I saw a gentleman or a lady eating a hamburger and then tucking into a bite of salad, I would understand that. The whole idea of half-steamed veg on top of your burger is the dumbest fucking thing I could ever think of. And I will say this: if you enjoy it, you’re an idiot. You’re an idiot because you’ve never thought about your food. If someone said, “Would you jump off this bridge?” you’d be airborne before you even looked over the side.2

Another thing that’s a no-no on a hamburger is mustard. It’s too strong of a condiment. Ketchup is genius because it adds salty-sweetness that is perfect for it. Anything that’s bright and acidic, you want. Mustard is too spicy. Get that shit out of there.
Nope, blokes a lunatic. Bet he has his stew in separate bowls for meat and veg,

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/r...scrapped-from-curriculum-20150820-gj425e.html

Instead of teaching religion to the kids who actually opt in while the other half sit around and draw (or play computer games), they're going to teach new content on world histories, cultures, faiths and ethics. And classes that address domestic violence and respectful relationships!

Too late to recover all that time that my daughter ended up wasting, but still a positive move.
Well that's a bit awesome.
GOG now has a bunch of the old Gold Box D&D games. So happy these are available playable again.
As is that, off to go have a look.

Dead Man

The problem with bacon on a burger is that it's usually barely cooked.

The real question should be "do you go for the double patty?"

Stop hating on broccoli it's amazing!

I agree it is often not cooked properly, that is no reason to exclude it from a burger, you just need to make it yourself. And yeah, broccoli is godly.

senahorse

I was scarred for life as a kid from broccoli, used to have it piled on my plate, hated it but if I didn't eat it there would be trouble (e.g. no dessert :O).

Every time I go to eat it these days, I just can't do it and the memories flood back. My gf is an amazing cook so I am sure she is cooking it right, she loves it, me, "get it away, burn it with fire".

Darren870

I was scarred for life as a kid from broccoli, used to have it piled on my plate, hated it but if I didn't eat it there would be trouble (e.g. no dessert :O).

Every time I go to eat it these days, I just can't do it and the memories flood back. My gf is an amazing cook so I am sure she is cooking it right, she loves it, me, "get it away, burn it with fire".

Put cheese on it!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I like broccoli and I love brussels sprouts. If it weren't for my warfarin I'd eat tons of the stuff.

I dislike cheese though. Unless it's cooked into what I'm eating (pizza, lasagne, etc).

Eggplant is part of the axis of evil along with broccoli and zucchini (even chrome doesn't want to spell that last horror).
Broccoli is fine, the other 2 fucking suck. Way too much effort to get them to taste halfway decent.

Did I wake up in bizarro Australia? This seems way too fucking intelligent a decision for our country right now.

Darren870

Brussels Sprouts are the one thing I just can't seem to like. I love all types of veggies and food, in fact there probably isn't anything I wouldn't eat. Give me raw oysters, eggplant, liver, black budding, haggis.

Love it all!

But them brussels sprouts. I always have to drown out the flavor when I eat them. Its just always bitter. I still buy them though, heck I have them growing in my garden! I've cooked them every way you can think, and I still can't get them a way I like.

Stackboy

Hey guys I like eggplant lasagna don't hate me ok bye.

Finally got around to playing the BLOPS 3 beta last night, lots of fun! The wall running and movement in general is alot easier to control than I though it would be. Hooked me in after only one game.

I am getting more and more interested in that mad max game too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Disliking eggplant and zucchini.

I hate this country.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My girlfriend doesn't eat carrots in Australia because she says they taste different to carrots in Taiwan.

Spinifex

Did you wash it down with a nice nutella donut from Doughnut Time?

Doughnut Time? More like DoughNOT Time. I don't get the hype, they're fucking bagels with sprinkles on them. If you're gonna call yourself Doughnut Time, fucking sell doughnuts!

I also tried one of their milkshakes and immediately contracted diabetes. Show some fucking restraint, please? You're trying to be Max Brenner but failing MISERABLY.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Are catholic schools crazy now or something?

I went to one, religion was split between here are the stories of jesus, what morals are they trying to teach? And here are the history's of Christianity, and other religions, how they exist what they are etc.

Church was a few times a year, xmas easter and patron saints days (of which we got 2 extra days off a year!)

And religion had no impact on any other classes teachings or outcomes?

Is that not the case with most catholic schools?

As an aside, chicko, was that your finding too at blacks? Or did my year level get it weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom