• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a pair of those, and I think they're absolutely brilliant, especially for the price.

Except, they no longer work, because they're a bit flimsy and so easily broken (specifically, where the black cable goes into the silver housing). I took good care of them, although I did tend to work out while wearing them, and eventually got lazy and started pulled them out using the cable, so it's my own fault.

If you can be gentle with them, they're great.

cheers
think I might grab a pair

Target prices, some should be up on eBay at some point for an extra 20% off until Friday/Saturday

MGS5 for $69
Until Dawn for $69
Mad Max for $69
Devils Third for $69
Dishonored HD for $58
Gears 1 HD for $43
Helldivers Bundle for $29

PS4 with God of War 3 HD, Driveclub & Elder Scrolls Online for $499

these are great
31.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/08/jb...gear-solid-v-is-actually-a-hideo-kojima-game/

Oh yeah PS+ was announced super early this month, good lineup! First time in ages I don't own any of them :)

PS4

Grow Home
Super Time Force Ultra
(Xeodrifter)
(Teslagrad)

PS3

Twisted Metal
Teslagrad

VITA

La Mulana Ex
Xeodrifter
(Super Time Force Ultra)
(no PSN version of Teslagrad for Vita yet)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If the dollar keeps falling to the pound I might just have to buy myself a PS4 when Christmas/NY sales hit.

What have they done to you

They're just generally useless the last 10 times I've gone into a store to buy something. It's never in stock or the staff stand 3 metres away stocking shelves and ignore you even after ringing the bell. In short, cuntage.

Generally okay, within 5-7 days. They can be slow dispatching though, took up to 3 days once. Don't expect it to be sent day of release.

Hmm, MGSV for 69 but its at Target. I'll have to hope Big W or JB do something similar. Sure, I won't actually get to play it for a few days next week but the zeitgeist, man. Gotta be part of the zeitgeist
or at least tweet about not being part of the zeitgeist despite tweeting about not being part of the zeitgeist actually makes you part of the zeitgeist. In 25 zeitgeists or less.

They're just generally useless the last 10 times I've gone into a store to buy something. It's never in stock or the staff stand 3 metres away stocking shelves and ignore you even after ringing the bell. In short, cuntage.

Hmm, MGSV for 69 but its at Target. I'll have to hope Big W or JB do something similar. Sure, I won't actually get to play it for a few days next week but the zeitgeist, man. Gotta be part of the zeitgeist
or at least tweet about not being part of the zeitgeist despite tweeting about not being part of the zeitgeist actually makes you part of the zeitgeist. In 25 zeitgeists or less.

EB will pricematch. It's confirmed to be the Day 1 edition.

JMizzlin

Any stores around the country doing a midnight launch for Star Wars Force Friday merchandise?

Super keen to get my hands on the Millennium Falcon and get swept up in Star Wars hype again.

MoonGred

Does anyone know whether or not you can drive on the easlink without one of those little boxes?
I only just noticed that my car doesn't have one. I'll be down Mornington peninsula way for the rest of the week. I had a look on their website and you can apply for a weekend pass, the problem is that I don't know how much I'll actually have to drive on toll roads.
Could I just skip all of the above, drive on their roads and wait for the bill? Or will that include a fine?

After a friend urged me to get it and all the wrestling hype that is around, I am weirdly considering getting the WWE Network.

First month is free, give it a shot and see what you think. Archive is starting to build up again and you get NXT and the PPV free for the month (don't start the free month until next week).

Jump in and watch the NXT Takeover event from 22/08 and Summerslam from 23/08. Damn good shows (even if you can skip some matches/section, let me know when you are looking to watch it and I can let you know the bleh ones as 4 hours is a long damn time).

Stackboy

First month is free, give it a shot and see what you think. Archive is starting to build up again and you get NXT and the PPV free for the month (don't start the free month until next week).

Jump in and watch the NXT Takeover event from 22/08 and Summerslam from 23/08. Damn good shows (even if you can skip some matches/section, let me know when you are looking to watch it and I can let you know the bleh ones as 4 hours is a long damn time).

I'll let you know, thanks! Not sure if I have the time to dedicate to the service anyway, but we will see.

N0VAM0D

Target prices, some should be up on eBay at some point for an extra 20% off until Friday/Saturday

MGS5 for $69
Until Dawn for $69

Mad Max for $69
Devils Third for $69
Dishonored HD for $58
Gears 1 HD for $43
Helldivers Bundle for $29

PS4 with God of War 3 HD, Driveclub & Elder Scrolls Online for $499

Thanks, rep! Definitely wanting to pick these up. I'm super excited for Until Dawn, especially!

I've watched 8 hours of WWE in the past 3 days help

good

I actually went to some Newcastle Pro Wrestling thing recently, and it was honestly the most fun I've had in ages.

Damn. I thought it was weird that EU and AU stores got it earlier than the US store but such a big local price drop so soon?!

Yeah super weird release schedule. Came out 2 months before US and has a sale on the same time as US release lol. Bit rude, you'd think it would hurt word of mouth for the US release.

Quasar

Until Dawn. Played through the first chapter. Pretty entertaining, but then I really liked Heavy Rain. Definitely feels like Heavy Rain but with a teen slasher movie from the 90's. Always wanted different stories with the Heavy Rain style of game. Liking the characters already, and feeling the tension even now.

Kind of surprised Sony would fund another game of this type beyond what Quantic is working on. Especially in these days of single player being 'dead'. Happy, but surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom