• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

You mean everyone?

Edit: Wait, there was an actual protest?

Yeah there was an actual protest. Some more details in the politics thread. People were protesting the 2pm press conference, so they cancelled the press conference, then uncancelled the press conference in order to cancel the whole operation.

Fredescu

And in case you need some context as to why they might have exaggerated what should have been a low key operation:

CNdjtnYVEAAeFCu.png

Card Boy

Banned
Google Play Music suck ass.

I am on the 60 day trial and now am unable to play any music. Resetting phone doesn't work as does refreshing. Thank fuck for trials, Spotify it is.

r1chard

You mean everyone?
Just so we're clear: the initial article in the Hun about this
was positive, and the commenters on the article jumped on anyone who said it was a bad idea - "they're trying to protect you, you drongo" etc. I can't access the article now (trying to visit the link from my history results in a redirect to the front page, leading me to suspect it's been removed). But my point is (as I mentioned on the last page) that not every Australian thought this was a bad idea. It'll have resonated with some of the voting public.

Sorry to disappoint:

Expiry Date: 30/11/2017

That's 0.17 condoms per day.

Or, in my case, a waste of 144 condoms
'cause Shanus' mom likes it bareback

Darren870

I went to the cadbury factory in Tassie and the missus made me get everything I hadn't tried. A chomp was one of them.

Still trying to burn off that chocolate in the gym!

... today though as been work. Work, Work, Work. Started at 8:30am and still going. Guess what tomorrow is!?! ... Work! Though I have a few hour break so thinking of going to Temple Brewery and getting a burger and tasting paddle.

I'll ride my bike to continue burning off that chocolate.

Though I have a few hour break so thinking of going to Temple Brewery and getting a burger and tasting paddle.
Do it! Get the midnight burger, I hear it's alright. Had a similar one in Sydney last year, it wasn't bad.

Do they still have the prohibition pilsner? I enjoyed that last time I visited.

Darren870

Do it! Get the midnight burger, I hear it's alright. Had a similar one in Sydney last year, it wasn't bad.

Do they still have the prohibition pilsner? I enjoyed that last time I visited.

I haven't been in a few months so we will see tomorrow :)

I have a coupon from GABS. Paddle & Burger for $16. Not too shabby!!

Kritz

Banned

good idea / bad idea?

on one hand, 2.2k is a fair chunk of change out of my ad money. On the other hand, it will probably greatly assist me in developing my game outside of the house. On the third, reclusive, ghost-like hand, $400 off is one hell of a deal. On the forth hand... I'll have to learn how to do business expense taxes next year.

edit:

on the sixth, credit card holding hand,
bnPWA9G.png

blUXj8t.png

good idea / bad idea?

on one hand, 2.2k is a fair chunk of change out of my ad money. On the other hand, it will probably greatly assist me in developing my game outside of the house. On the third, reclusive, ghost-like hand, $400 off is one hell of a deal. On the forth hand... I'll have to learn how to do business expense taxes next year.

Great device.

I'm planning to upgrade my 2 to a 4 this year. I got my 2 in a hardly normal firesale for like 750 dollars with type cover included (128gb model). I would say you don't really need the i7 model, check out benches.

Kritz

Banned
Great device.

I'm planning to upgrade my 2 to a 4 this year. I got my 2 in a hardly normal firesale for like 750 dollars with type cover included (128gb model). I would say you don't really need the i7 model, check out benches.

I figure if I'm going to run Unity on it, I might as well pay the bit extra for the i7. Probably doesn't improve performance a great deal, since I'm mostly contesting against the gpus which are going to be pretty poop regardless.

I love my Pro 1, but it's getting really long in the tooth. The charger port on it has been broken for a while, so it intermittently charges, and once Unity 5 hit it's been a bit rough on it to try and use the more demanding lighting features.

My plan is to grab a small bit of space at the Typewriter Factory (or similar communal work space) and do 2 days a week on my game there. I'm just not making the kinds of progress I'd like to be at home, compared to the progress I'm making on the UTAS research game I'm apart of where I get my own space free of DOTA distractions.

Well fair enough, although I dunno how big of a boost an HD5000 is vs the 4400 in the i5 model.

I've been in the typewriter factory a couple of times, nice spot I guess. Ducky works for one of the people set up there.

Kritz

Banned
yeah I used ducky to sanity check my idea and I think it's what I want to do at the moment. The TasJam is going to be hosted there (also because of Ducky and Startup Tasmania), which was the thing that reminded me that the Typewriter Factory existed.

Oh, actually, I guess I'll plug that here,

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tasjam-hobart-tickets-18323427866
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tasjam-launceston-tickets-18323473001

With help from numerous people and organisations, from Startup Tasmania to Surprise Attack and PAX Australia, among others, Tasmania's first state-wide game jam is set to go off next fortnight!

I'm exceptionally excited to be going there, as something of this scale has been a long time coming for Tas. Last year we had the Hobart Hackerspace hosting the Global Game Jam, but it was during a time where the Tas GameDev Society hadn't really started and the site itself was incredibly small. There are still a few (free!) tickets available for any locals who want to jam (and also some tickets to just come as an observer to check things out), although I don't know the skillset diversity at the event and how accommodating it will be for newbies.

But yeah, between the TasJam, the TasGDS meetups, my monthly Twilight Imperium games and LANs, I finally feel like a real person again.

Well I'd love to, but I have no game design skills.

I did hack together a crappy text adventure game thing in actionscript when I was supposed to be making whatever in games fun.

And I'm putting together another small text adventure as part of my delving into python at work.

I should branch out into "graphics" at some stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom