• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be spending the weekend wondering why, when I didn't connect with Ground Zeroes, or watch any trailer after the first one, I'm so excited to play MGSV. which I won't be able to do will next week anyway.

seriously, what's up with that?

Until Dawn Extended Edition is $94 @ jb hifi... is there anywhere else I can get it? Can I get the DLC through other means?
I think it's exclusive to JB tbh sorry. I assume the DLC will go up on PSN separately within a month or so, Heavy Rain had a similar thing.

Until Dawn. Played through the first chapter. Pretty entertaining, but then I really liked Heavy Rain. Definitely feels like Heavy Rain but with a teen slasher movie from the 90's. Always wanted different stories with the Heavy Rain style of game. Liking the characters already, and feeling the tension even now.

Kind of surprised Sony would fund another game of this type beyond what Quantic is working on. Especially in these days of single player being 'dead'. Happy, but surprised.

Suck Sony put it out to die, spent all those years/money making it and then completely stopped talking about it since last year.

Dryk

Bleach. The anime. Up to the end of Soul Society arc.
Back in the day I made it to the fight with the giant guy in the Soul Society and got bored. Thought it was way more interesting as monster-of-the-week and way less interesting without Rukia around.

Might go for a walk if my lungs have stopped trying to escape by then

Stackboy

I get why people can't wait for MGSV but it's just not for me. It's too batshit insane and tries to take itself too seriously at the same time. Pick a side!

I am weirdly pumped for mad max next week, after all the gameplay thats been shown in the last little while.

senahorse

I am excited for MGSV but not so much because it's Metal Gear. But I am looking forward to the base building, (gf is really excited about the animal conservation platform :)), and the fact it's set in the 80's, with music tapes littered around the game, GOTTA COLLECT EM ALL!

senahorse

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter, started today, already reached goal, there was never any doubt, backing for 2 copies :D.

Original Sin was my GOTY last year.

Dryk

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter, started today, already reached goal, there was never any doubt, backing for 2 copies :D.

Original Sin was my GOTY last year.
They didn't even need any of it too. Shows what you can accomplish when you actually handle yourself correctly on Kickstarter

MGS5 seems amazing. Will wait on buying until a later date though with all the KojiPro shit that happened.
Buy it used and mail Kojima some Tim-Tams or something

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Jintor, your zany styles will be the light of my life for many years to come.

Fredescu

Guys, live action Papers Please in Melbourne this weekend. Nothing like a bit of performance art.

CNdHC_OUAAA8AsV.png

Darren870

Hey guys, FYI:

It's Friday :D

Yea! Got a flat tire on my push bike on my way to work this morning. Was a great morning!
Oh well, hopefully this weekends is alright.

On another note, I see nothing wrong with that article. I'm fine with targeting people with anti-social behavior and outstanding warrants. There is enough drug dealers on the street here in Richmond/Fitzroy. I'd be happy for the police to get a few off the streets.

Dryk

Like memorising the conditions of your visa is anyone's idea of a good night out. Reminds me of those citizenship tests that citizens couldn't pass.

Fredescu

On another note, I see nothing wrong with that article. I'm fine with targeting people with anti-social behavior and outstanding warrants. There is enough drug dealers on the street here in Richmond/Fitzroy. I'd be happy for the police to get a few off the streets.

Sure, that sounds like regular police business, but they're doing random visa checks, which is not.

Darren870

Like memorising the conditions of your visa is anyone's idea of a good night out. Reminds me of those citizenship tests that citizens couldn't pass.

What really? Come on?
Visa conditions are like two - three lines.

Mine literally is:
-Not allowed to work for anyone but my sponsor.
-Valid for 4 years

Certain countries you need to be walking around with your passport 24/7...now that is extreme.

Sure, that sounds like regular police business, but they're doing random visa checks, which is not.

But they do. It even says in the article.
The articles is saying this is the first time they are teaming up with agencies outside the ABF.

senahorse

The problem I have is, how do you 'target' people with warrants, they are basically stopping everyone, and for the visa checking, how are they targeting people, just stop everyone that isn't white?

Never mind the fact they have outlined their intentions in a media release, nullifying any impact it may have had in the first place. "Hey illegals, criminals, stay away from the city". Seems like a pretty expensive exercise with minimal gain.

not with swype's bullshit false positives and my phone's suckass screen

Ah I see, that's P. good reasoning in that case :)

Dead Man

Yea! Got a flat tire on my push bike on my way to work this morning. Was a great morning!
Oh well, hopefully this weekends is alright.

How do you target those people? It's just an excuse for a show of force.

Edit: Beaten :) And regular police would be enough for that job anyway. As an immigrant (now dual citizen) this shit makes me mad as fuck.

Fredescu

But they do. It even says in the article.
The articles is saying this is the first time they are teaming up with agencies outside the ABF.

A "range of compliance field work" does not necessarily entail literally standing on street corners and asking to check the visa of anyone who crosses their path.

Darren870

The problem I have is, how do you 'target' people with warrants, they are basically stopping everyone, and for the visa checking, how are they targeting people, just stop everyone that isn't white?

Never mind the fact they have outlined their intentions in a media release, nullifying any impact it may have had in the first place. "Hey illegals, criminals, stay away from the city". Seems like a pretty expensive exercise with minimal gain.

Ah I see, that's P. good reasoning in that case :)

Yea, well no idea how they actually target people. Like it says in the article, they do actually do this on a regular basis. I would assume its off leads....
Though, it is probably up there with stop and frisk in NYC.

I talked to someone in Home Office once. He said it was a lot of facebook stalking. But that was for visa approvals. Keep your stuff on private people! *sigh*

However, you are right. That was the first thing I thought of when I read the article. "So...no illegal immigrants will be coming to the CBD this weekend!"

How do you target those people? It's just an excuse for a show of force.

Edit: Beaten :) And regular police would be enough for that job anyway. As an immigrant (now dual citizen) this shit makes me mad as fuck.

What makes you mad about it? Genuinely curious...

Darren870

But not the part about the wild assumption that they do this all the time?

I genuinely believe they actively target people overstaying visas or breaching their conditions. Which I assume is off leads.

Do they actively target people on the streets and ask them about their visa conditions. No, I don't think they do that. And yes, it will probably be up there with the image you just posted, but no idea how it will actually go.

Fredescu

Agreed.

There is a rumour that this is specifically an operation targeting taxi drivers, but they talked up the scope for political points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom