• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhere cheapish to get an n3DS at the moment?

They were cheap through Target eBay store but the deal ended at midnight last night. XL was $199 posted, regular size New 3DS was $170ish I think. I paid that a few weeks back for one.

Back in Melbourne.

First question: Cheapest place to buy MGS5 for PS4 locally?
Yay! Enjoy your holiday? Keen to jump back into some Destiny? Gotta run the weekly before Tuesday!

Seeing that chomp reminded me of these:

White-Knight-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Had so many as a kid.

Oh man they were so good. Reminds me of the school canteen.

Fusebox

Banned
They were cheap through Target eBay store but the deal ended at midnight last night. XL was $199 posted, regular size New 3DS was $170ish I think. I paid that a few weeks back for one.

Thx man, I actually saw that yesterday but they only had XLs showing up when I searched and my mate is after a regular.

I never ever got the hate for Razer products. I use a Blackwidow chroma and a Razer Deathadder and they're great. Wish the deathadder was a bit heavier, but it's fine.

I loved the Roccat Kone+ while the scrollwheel worked fine. Got that for about $80

Logitech G502. Using it now, loving it. Around $90 I think.

I think I'm gonna buy this soon, looks great. $65 on PCCG

Rizzi

I never ever got the hate for Razer products. I use a Blackwidow chroma and a Razer Deathadder and they're great. Wish the deathadder was a bit heavier, but it's fine.

I loved the Roccat Kone+ while the scrollwheel worked fine. Got that for about $80

I think I'm gonna buy this soon, looks great. $65 on PCCG

Every single Razer mouse I have ever owned including the one I am using now has broken in some way.

Fusebox

Banned

Yeah I use the Razor Orochi and I've never had a problem with it, it feels like a quality product.

Cerity

Y'all missed out, the g502 was $49 delivered on Logitech's Ebay store.

Running an Mionix Avior 8200 (currently $49 at PCCG, usually 85), very solid mouse so far. All I want from it is to fit more snugly into your palm but I think most mice are slim like it.

Dryk

I always hear people recommending Logitech stuff so probably start there

I never ever got the hate for Razer products. I use a Blackwidow chroma and a Razer Deathadder and they're great. Wish the deathadder was a bit heavier, but it's fine
I've gotten the impression that once you start stepping away from those two core products more problems start showing up. My Deathadder and Blackwidow are fine too.

Gazunta

$10 mouse from Dick Smith does me fine.

And yesssss more Surface purchases Kritz yesssss Surface is lovely!

I did the Bridge 2 Brisbane this morning and FUCK THAT NOISE EVERYTHING HURTS

Dead Man

What makes you mad about it? Genuinely curious...

Going way back, but I wanted to answer your question. I'm white, with an Australian (mostly) accent. I would have walked through this with no problem. I have a mate who overstayed their visa years ago (they went back home years ago too) who would have walked right past this, he's white, with an English accent. As long as he didn't talk, they would have said nothing. I know many Australian citizens who are brown skinned with accents of various countries. They would have been asked to show proof of citizenship. That is fucked up and makes me mad. Unless they want to make it law that every single citizen carries proof on them at all times, random sweeps like what they were talking about will never be okay with me.

Danoss

I went and bought the G502. It seems decently built I guess.

Would've chimed in earlier if I had the chance. Hopefully the G502 is treating you well; it does have a top tier sensor in there.

I was on the hunt for a new mouse a little while ago. It's challenging once you've been been burnt a few times in the past and know exactly what you're looking for. The most important thing is knowing what grip you use, because it has to be comfortable if you're using it for long stretches of time. Once you know your grip, then you can look at sizes and features you might want. Sacrifices will have to be made, it's up to you what they'll be.

The three main grip types are palm, claw, and fingertip. The best demonstration of the differences I could find is this one (except the "hybrid" grip is what I refer to as "fingertip"). I use a fingertip grip and wondered why I hated a lot of mice for the longest time. Turns out it was because a lot of them were better suited to the palm grip and the weight was fatiguing.

I recently picked up the G303, which is an update to the G302. The only differences are multicoloured LEDs and an upgraded sensor (now the same one used in the G502). It's not out here yet, so I had to import. Worth it, though. Best buttons on any mouse I've ever used, especially the thumb buttons. Coupled with a cheap mouse bungee and it's just about perfect.

Darren870

Going way back, but I wanted to answer your question. I'm white, with an Australian (mostly) accent. I would have walked through this with no problem. I have a mate who overstayed their visa years ago (they went back home years ago too) who would have walked right past this, he's white, with an English accent. As long as he didn't talk, they would have said nothing. I know many Australian citizens who are brown skinned with accents of various countries. They would have been asked to show proof of citizenship. That is fucked up and makes me mad. Unless they want to make it law that every single citizen carries proof on them at all times, random sweeps like what they were talking about will never be okay with me.

Fair enough and you are right. I kinda expanded on this in the other thread, but I read the article as them looking up visa status in the event a crime was committed/anti social behavior.

For them to do random stop and checks doesn't make sense which I mentioned also. Some article a while back said there was 62k over stayers in AUS. Thats .25% of the population. Even if every single one was in Melbourne, that's still only 1.25%. That would be a whole lot of man power to find just a few people if they were doing stop and checks.

Just doesn't make sense.

But you are right, it shouldn't happen like that and I am glad they aren't. Done and dusted.

Ironically, there was an episode of UK border control on Friday night. In the UK version they were doing stop and checks at random places.

On another note, the burger and tasting paddle at Temple Brewery was delicious. More so the Burger though, never been a big fan of their beers.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

They'd more than likely pull you up on your accent and deport you for speaking proper english.

Stackboy

Anyone playing the new Diablo 3 season? Went back to a Barbarian, really digging it.

I'm starting to think I want to play Rock Band 4 with the new guitar but I'm going to have to wait for a price drop. $250 is just way too steep.

Fredescu

Do they still have the jokes on Curly Wurly wrappers?

Are they still literally impossible to eat?

Why did the far superior Polly Waffle become the poo joke and get discontinued, while the equally poo-like Curly Wurly is still being manufactured as we speak? Capitalism is rubbish.

Shaneus

Are they still literally impossible to eat?

Why did the far superior Polly Waffle become the poo joke and get discontinued, while the equally poo-like Curly Wurly is still being manufactured as we speak? Capitalism is rubbish.
If your poo looks like a Curly Wurly, I'd go see a doctor.

Chokito still exists so you can still get a choc that looks like a turd if you like. then again, you can lifehack any chocolate into looking like shit in about 3 minutes in a centre console of a car parked in the sun.

also gives your dehydrated child something to drink while you're at the pokies

Rezbit

Hey AusGAF, got a few questions for you about the world of video streaming.

So I'm looking for a cheap tablet (around $150 - is this a thing?) purely to use to stream video to a Chromecast. Is there anything that would be suitable in that price bracket?

Also when you sign up for things like Netflix or Stan, do you need to give them your credit card deets? Assuming yes. Thinking about trying Stan for a month before moving to Netflix more permanently.

Cheers guys.

EDIT: I think Picnic is still the most poo looking chocolate bar. Heard tales of Picnics being dropped into the pool as a young lad.

Shaneus

Speaking of chocolates that look like turds, saw Caddyshack for the first time over the weekend. Don't see what the big deal is all about.

Speaking of chocolates that look like turds, saw Caddyshack for the first time over the weekend. Don't see what the big deal is all about.

as someone who grew up with that film and never liked it that much
it does have the woman from Tron in it so there's that
I watched it recently for the first time in yeeeeears and didn't mind it as much.

I found the scene with Chevy Chase and Bill Murray bonding funny because of how much they hated it each other in real life. Well, every hates Chevy Chase but there was an old thing from when Bill Murray replaced Chevy Chase on Saturday Night Live when Chase left to do movies. Chase came back to guest host and even though they'd never previously worked together, Murray was spoiling for a fight with Chase. It ended with Murray being pulled away yelling "medium talent!" at Chase.

http://www.avclub.com/article/cringeworthy-interview-caddyshack-press-tour-just--224582

Chokito still exists so you can still get a choc that looks like a turd if you like. then again, you can lifehack any chocolate into looking like shit in about 3 minutes in a centre console of a car parked in the sun.

also gives your dehydrated child something to drink while you're at the pokies

Well that got dark quick :/

r1chard

Watched Jupiter Ascending (youtube rental) on Saturday with daughter. I enjoyed it and she loved it - but then she's pretty much (almost - it's M rated) the target audience. She says I have the best taste in films :) Recently we've watched The Fifth Element, Pacific Rim, Galaxy Quest, The Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec, The Last Starfighter*, Gravity, the Hellboy duo and Scott Pilgrim, and I'm not sure what we should watch next - maybe Tomorrowland. Maybe Edge of Tomorrow - though I can't remember clearly enough what the content's like in that. I gotta stop watching all these films for the first time on planes - not good for the recall.

Caddyshack never made any sense and I was the target audience (young teenage boy) when it came out.

* yes, we both agreed that The Last Starfighter was pretty damned painful in places ;-)

Watched Jupiter Ascending (youtube rental) on Saturday with daughter. I enjoyed it and she loved it - but then she's pretty much (almost - it's M rated) the target audience. She says I have the best taste in films :) Recently we've watched The Fifth Element, Pacific Rim, Galaxy Quest, The Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec, The Last Starfighter*, Gravity, the Hellboy duo and Scott Pilgrim, and I'm not sure what we should watch next - maybe Tomorrowland. Maybe Edge of Tomorrow - though I can't remember clearly enough what the content's like in that. I gotta stop watching all these films for the first time on planes - not good for the recall.
;-)

Guardians of the Galaxy!

Caddyshack never made any sense and I was the target audience (young teenage boy) when it came out.

* yes, we both agreed that The Last Starfighter was pretty damned painful in places ;-)

Try Buckaroo Banzai

Bernbaum

Who wants a free Steam Key for Aussie-developed game 'Satellite Reign'?

It's not first in best dressed. You have to write a Haiku. Best Haiku wins.

Rizzi

Who wants a free Steam Key for Aussie-developed game 'Satellite Reign'?

It's not first in best dressed. You have to write a Haiku. Best Haiku wins.

No one Shadowrun
Along this Satellite but I,
This Reign Satellite.

Fuck if I know how to write a haiku.

h72701722

Be right back, imma start a protest about this post :)

Back in the day when it released it was comedy gold, these days it hasn't aged all that great.

Dryk

I haven't seen Caddyshack but I got similar feelings when I tried to watch Spaceballs. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood at the time.

I haven't seen Caddyshack but I got similar feelings when I tried to watch Spaceballs. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood at the time.

Time and place movies. I still think both have a charm to them but movies hadn't redone their content to death at that time. No different to watching Citizen Kane for the first time ever today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom