• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel Brooks stuff is like The Goodies, Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Get Smart, early Woody Allen. They come across as terrible, everything-phobic and dated these days but I still love them.

"Why, cocky-doody of course!"

senahorse

I thought they stopped selling curly whirly and chomp here, haven't seen one for ages :(

So I was in Costco tonight, and look what I saw:

bgimhUos1LQU7hIAfxkwnE4ZvFXDXDvuGYJ1uub51GI=w1633-h918-no

I could post you a box next time I go :)

Kind of bananas but what's Target's return policy like? I don't wanna wait a full day for stupid Steam to unlock Metal Gear Solid so I was thinking of doing an overnight rental taking it back on Wednesday and exchanging it for Until Dawn.

I can do that right?

Card Boy

Banned
Kind of bananas but what's Target's return policy like? I don't wanna wait a full day for stupid Steam to unlock Metal Gear Solid so I was thinking of doing an overnight rental taking it back on Wednesday and exchanging it for Until Dawn.

I can do that right?

Price match at EB they have a 1 week no questions asked return policy. 2 weeks for pre-owned.

So, Target.

It tasks me. It tasks me and I shall have them! I'll chase them 'round the car park of Garden City and 'round the Carindale Carpark and 'round perdition's flames before I give them up!

I'll try Garden City for MGSV but I'm not hopeful.

Jake.

this is my first time coming over to the gaming side in years, but i just wanted to quickly say that chomp > curly wurly x500. v jealous of that costco hookup, i didn't see any at the canberra one a couple of months ago.

Do you any of you hilarious comedians actually want a free game or not?
I played it at PAX,
I think it seemed promising.
Reviews seem good, too.

I broke the navmesh,
But I bet that's fixed by now,
Why don't you want it?

If there's no one else,
I'll take it, but some one else
Answered much faster

Bernbaum

My feeling is that Parity Claws wants it most. Plus, you pulled the "It's my birthday" card.

Will PM you the code tonight.

I also have something for sale - a Hori Fighting Stick 3. I have no idea how much I should ask for it and I'm offering to AusGAF before I put it on EBay. Any takers?

Gazunta

What system is the stick for, Bern?

And when do you leave? I want to know when it's safe to walk the streets again.

miss ya

senahorse

My feeling is that Parity Claws wants it most. Plus, you pulled the "It's my birthday" card.

I also have something for sale - a Hori Fighting Stick 3. I have no idea how much I should ask for it and I'm offering to AusGAF before I put it on EBay. Any takers?

Yay, thanks Bern, looking forward to playing it. Btw, is it just a coincidence that it has Reign in the title, like Dark Reign (from Auran), also made in Brisbane?

Rizzi

I noticed that Disney Infinity 3.0 is out. Wonder if the Star Wars stuff is any good. Been a drought of good Star Wars games in the past few years.

If it's for PS3 I'm interested.

senahorse

The MGS stuff is purely disgusting, I will play the game but buggered if I will be giving them more than the $43 I have already paid, they truly are a horrible company. I won't be surprised to see live Pachinko machines on mother base.

MoonGred

TazGaf. We've got new elevator ads at work about Tasmania,which makes it seem full of adventure.
How long would it take to see all the cool stuff?

Yagharek

Konami / MGS5 microtransactions is glorious and I am going to bathe in the schadenfreude.

The MGS stuff is purely disgusting, I will play the game but buggered if I will be giving them more than the $43 I have already paid, they truly are a horrible company. I won't be surprised to see live Pachinko machines on mother base.

I hate it. PES/ISS Pro and MGS have been two of my favourite series since about 1998, so seeing it come to this is incredibly disappointing.

I have the CE on order for both games and I think the only other game Ive ever bought with micro transactions was Bravely Default, though they were optional too.

Actually, for Bravely Default I think I spent over 100 hours on it, and that was over the course of about six weeks. The game let you put it into sleep mode in order to do the auto-resource grind/village rebuild, and so I just left it overnight on recharge doing exactly that. It turned out to be perfectly balance for my play routine, but I can see how for others it would not hit the right balance.

I hope MGS isn't like that, otherwise I may have to slap myself with the big red hand statue for believing it might be ok.

hamchan

I'm glad Kojima is out of that place.

Target came through with MGSV, so I'm temporarily un-cunting them, but they didn't actually have any stock on the shelves, you had to go to the counter where you pick up online orders (there's no electronics counter in new fangled stores) and ask.

Target came through with MGSV, so I'm temporarily un-cunting them, but they didn't actually have any stock on the shelves, you had to go to the counter where you pick up online orders (there's no electronics counter in new fangled stores) and ask.

nice, I'm on my way to pick up a copy. though quite disgusted by the micro transaction and mother base grinding nonsense.

Picked up MGSV from Target in Brisbane city this morning. Couldn't really pass it up for $69. The guy behind the counter went on a big rant about how his manager is a prick and he wasn't told he has to do up a display or something... I wasn't really listening.

Looking forward to picking up MGS5 in 6-9 months time for half the price. All the Konami bullshit has destroyed any hype I had for the game a long time ago.

I'm less disgusted by microtransactions since I just ugnore that stuff and don't buy anything other than the base game than the general way they treat their employess, not just Kojima (who will do just fine, I'm sure)

That said, those guys worked damn hard to bring us this game so I'm happy to play it, especially at $69 (which is way cheaper than the US), especially when I can't recall Konami games dropping in price all that much. Then again, the only Konami games I have ever bought before today have been MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 and a couple of arcade titles on Game Room. And that'll likely be it. Oh well.

13.5MB/S o_O

I've seen mine top out at 800KB/S before. That was a golden time. Some people must have shifted out in the area at the time. Usually lucky to hit 650-700KB/S now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom