• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense to strike, fuck all that. However why is it being bundled with an 18% pay rise over 3 years? If they were striking for just what is posted in the yellow text I would get on board with it, pardon the pun.

A, they don't need them, I know a train driver and they get fucking shitloads of money.
B, because unions and why not.

Dryk

This makes sense to strike, fuck all that. However why is it being bundled with an 18% pay rise over 3 years? If they were striking for just what is posted in the yellow text I would get on board with it, pardon the pun.
There might be a disconnect between what the workers actually want and what the union is trying to get them. It would be interesting to find out.

Vormund

And here I am considering bailing on netflix.

A combination of lack of usage (I maybe watch 3-5 hours of netflix on a good month), the crashing dollar and netflix dropping content deals in favour of originals ( where I have not liked anything of aside from Daredevil (and Knights of Sidonia if you count that)).

Its kind of funny given the effort needed to hook the whole thing up.

Anyone else bailed on netflix?

I'm considering the same. Just haven't been using it much lately. When the missus goes on maternity leave we'll probably start paying again.

We use Netflix every day. Wife and I mainly watch X-Files once a night, I use it to catch up on old movies I never saw. Son uses whenever he is allowed, thousands of shows/movies on there for him.

It's basically a must have if you're a parent. So much great content on there, son got to watch some Puffin Rock today. Great range of movies too.

I'm on the AU subscription so price is fine, just use Getflix to run the US selection 99% of the time.

We also use Netflix a ton. For me it's great not so much for new stuff in the zeitgeist, but instead really good for finding shows and films you didn't even know you liked. e.g. Taking a chance on something because it thinks you might like it, and it's there. It's also nice to catch up on old things I haven't watched.

I watch a much broader range of stuff than I did previously because of this.

We also use Netflix a ton. For me it's great not so much for new stuff in the zeitgeist, but instead really good for finding shows and films you didn't even know you liked. e.g. Taking a chance on something because it thinks you might like it, and it's there. It's also nice to catch up on old things I haven't watched.

I watch a much broader range of stuff than I did previously because of this.

Drop in, drop out viewing is a game changer too. So many times I watch the first half of something on my PC before getting distracted and then end up free in bed/on the couch with time to kill and I can just pull out my phone/tablet and pick up exactly where i left off. The instant resume nature of the viewing experience is quite liberating.

Dryk

I am a confirmed solid maybe for the RadGAF meet-up now. Was just hanging out with friends and one of them floated the idea of playing Risk Legacy that day. We will continue to cover these events as they unfold.

hidys

COCInUnU8AQBWSs.jpg:large

Mr Green makes a good point.

It is deeply unfortunate that stories like this aren't made more public.

I would go as far as to say that the RTBU have fundamentally failed in their attempt to communicate what this strike is really about.

I should not have to rely on a reddit post to understand why your strike has happened.

I'm not from Victoria so don't know anything about this specific situation, but asking for a lot more or less than something is worth to begin with (depending on whether you're buying or selling) is a pretty standard negotiating tactic :)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The changes are probably in an effort to cut costs. Maybe they've designed new engines that run off anxiety and human misery?

It is deeply unfortunate that stories like this aren't made more public.

I would go as far as to say that the RTBU have fundamentally failed in their attempt to communicate what this strike is really about.

I should not have to rely on a reddit post to understand why your strike has happened.

MSM will generally just post the information that will create the most clicks for them, in this case they focus on the money aspect as that's the easiest way to get people riled up.

Cerity

asdfjlksdjfklajs;lkd

Did one of the escape rooms at West End tonight. We were on the very last puzzle and ran out of time. Very frustrating as it was a very obvious clue that we missed. A good experience but we'll be trying out Fort Locks next time instead of doing one of the other rooms.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Curious if anyone would be interested in wanting any of this shit? $0

*updated 3PM 6/8/15 *

Playstation 3 Games

- Infamous
- Brutal Legend
- Uncharted 1, 2 & 3!
- GTA5

Blurays

- Dark City
- The Dark Knight
- Bourne ultimate edition, 1 - 3

Card Boy

Banned
Curious if anyone would be interested in wanting any of this shit? $0

I am interested in Planet Earth or any of the R&C games if Megadrive wants to share. Never played them either for some reason i chose Jak during the PS2 days. I don't care though he called it first.

Fredescu

A, they don't need them, I know a train driver and they get fucking shitloads of money.
B, because unions and why not.

A: "I know a guy who makes good money" is a poor reason not to give pay rises to workers. B: Because it's far better to ask for more and negotiate down.

A: "I know a guy who makes good money" is a poor reason not to give pay rises to workers. B: Because it's far better to ask for more and negotiate down.

I agree with b. But my friend is a trainee and makes $30-40 an hour an spends most of his time waiting for a drive to do. They need better hours and working conditions, I don't think they need better pay.

About ratchet and clank, I'm happy to sreneg honestly, got plenty of games to sate me and if I ever get the hrge I'm sure I could find the ps3 games somewhere for cheapish.

Now if someone's got a Sly Cooper Collection they're willing to ppart with I'd pay a bit

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Radelaide Gaf
September 13th
2pm
The Elephant

Attendees:
Holycheck/Syth_Blade22
Jambo
Lucian Cat
Bradrock/Aniseed
DeadMeadow88/First Course of the Shell Cup
Vormund
Stobie poles
Parmies

Non Attendees:
Parmas,
"Dan-sing"
Frawdder

Maybes:
Dryk (Note, Dryk has confirmed that he is a maybe)
Mr. Tone

Acknowledged the topic but didn't even give an answer:

Who else is radelaide and why haven't you replied?
Deadman
Toastytoast

HolyCheck

I had a quick gaf search, there's a few people from adelaide who don't post in ausgaf.

They should because it's the cool thing to do.

MoonGred

What's actually the origin of Ausgaf? How come there's a stickied thread for us? Don't get me wrong I quite like it but am a bit surprised that as small (but active) community got stickied.

It's just Mutes power abuse isn't it?

What's actually the origin of Ausgaf? How come there's a stickied thread for us? Don't get me wrong I quite like it but am a bit surprised that as small (but active) community got stickied.

The thread predates the forum splits, I think it was given sticky status as a hat tip to how long the community has been around for. Started as AU only gamng bargains, or so the legends go.

HolyCheck

A long time ago a bunch of aussies hacked gaf.

And then some time after that when gaf was looking to set up the community section we were one of the first to go, and we're happy to etc. So got stickied as a cool mate. And then every thrwad since has just been stickied?

Maybe there's some back door shenanigans going on though.

Dead Man

Because people dickheads like this work in there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoPXQ9fotZM

LOL pretty much.

Fuckheads

A long time ago a bunch of aussies hacked gaf.

And then some time after that when gaf was looking to set up the community section we were one of the first to go, and we're happy to etc. So got stickied as a cool mate. And then every thrwad since has just been stickied?

Maybe there's some back door shenanigans going on though.

Pretty much my recollection.

If anyone wants some aus gaf poster history, here's these posts from the start of ausgaf 11

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=140714731

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=140714938
I thought more of the current posters were from Ausgaf1. And lol at reps post count :)

Radelaide Gaf
September 13th
2pm
The Elephant

Attendees:
Holycheck/Syth_Blade22
Jambo
Lucian Cat
Bradrock/Aniseed
DeadMeadow88/First Course of the Shell Cup
Vormund
Stobie poles
Parmies

Non Attendees:
Parmas,
"Dan-sing"
Frawdder

Maybes:
Dryk (Note, Dryk has confirmed that he is a maybe)
Mr. Tone

Acknowledged the topic but didn't even give an answer:

Who else is radelaide and why haven't you replied?
Deadman
Toastytoast

Deadman is not a member of Radgaf, but he is in the F1 thread from time to time. Dead Man however is a member of Radgaf. And you wonder why I don't hang out here as much.* That aside I may be attending. Probably. Not 100%. But probably.

That's not the reason. You guys are okay. Mostly. :) And yeah, I felt bad after I found out someone else had that username before me, I didn't find out until after my name change had already gone through. He said he was cool with it though.

Dryk

Looks like board-games with friends might be Saturday next weekend. The saga continues.

there's whole world of aussie gaffers outside of ausgaf. that aussie deals thread is a sea of "who dat?"
Yeah I see people talking about how they're from Australia all the time and I wonder why the hell they don't post here. It's like those weirdos that only post in Off-Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom