• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Wow another one.

Yeah, keen to see how it shakes out.

Daily Planet and Comics Etc are now firmly entrenched in the Marvel / DC world, maaaybe some of the bigger IDW and Dark Horse licensed stuff, but that's their bag. Ace has little bits of everything and a big board gaming focus. Junky's in West End has been around for six months and are very much about indie books, I usually walk out of there with a Jamie Hernandez book or whatever. I'm hoping that Secret ID has more of that indie vibe, there's already enough places to get the long underwear books.

Still a right pain in the ass to buy Archie books from anywhere tho ><

Yeah, keen to see how it shakes out.

Daily Planet and Comics Etc are now firmly entrenched in the Marvel / DC world, maaaybe some of the bigger IDW and Dark Horse licensed stuff, but that's their bag. Ace has little bits of everything and a big board gaming focus. Junky's in West End has been around for six months and are very much about indie books, I usually walk out of there with a Jamie Hernandez book or whatever. I'm hoping that Secret ID has more of that indie vibe, there's already enough places to get the long underwear books.

Still a right pain in the ass to buy Archie books from anywhere tho ><

Yeah I'm surprised someone else is trying, seems over saturated as it is. Ace comics is such a depressing place. Haven't been into junkys, will have to fix that. But do they sell funko pops!?!?!!!

legend166

Oh yeah, the other reason I'm not around as much - I don't own a PC any more. I left it at home after I got married.

90% of my gaming is on the Wii U GamePad.

I know the console sucks objectively but it's been fantastic for me. I could probably get by on just the GBA games on it for the next 2 years. I'm playing through Minish Cap at the moment. It's great.

MoonGred

I wouldn't say the wii u sucks. Probably the console I use most after my pc.
Xbox is just a dust collector and ps4 is a netflix box.

I don't think so, no :)

But they sell my comics, which are almost as good as funko pops! :p

I kinda miss working in a comic shop though, it was always a good laugh.

Out of curiosity do you sell many in comic book stores?

Yeah I'm sure you'd get some interesting regulars.

Gazunta

Here's the stores Rose is available in now. As of Saturday (when Secret ID opens) there'll be three stores in Brisbane that carry the book, which I'm really happy with :)

Now speaking of meetups, WHO'S EXCITED FOR PAXAUS YESSSssss I am gonna just hang in the retro area and maybe play some D&D and then hassle Robert Khoo until he agrees to start Strip Search Down Under

Son loves playing Minion Rush. Keeps updating with more and more content so I can see how it's successful.

It's not like Steam growth has slowed, so I don't think it's that, but a lot of that growth seems to be from a handful of games.

Yup, SteamSpy had a good thing on it a few weeks ago. So many people just playing CS:GO and Dota.

i can't remember the first ausgaf thread i joined but i'm sure it wasn't 1 or 2 was it?

why i have so many posts here
A lot of prolific posters got into gear at the start of AusGAF 2 if my memory is correct. I didn't get an account here until early in AusGAF 2.

I am so tired. I spent all day setting up gun ranges for a competition.
Gun ranges seem to be getting super popular. Our one back home has triple in participants while the football and cricket teams within 100km have all folded o_O

Now speaking of meetups, WHO'S EXCITED FOR PAXAUS YESSSssss I am gonna just hang in the retro area and maybe play some D&D and then hassle Robert Khoo until he agrees to start Strip Search Down Under
Yupppppppppppppppppppppppp keen to see everyone again. Also to get sick as a fucking dog again. Hopefully I last more than one before falling to bits this time (and that it doesn't last 6 months).

Rizzi

Centrelink gives $20.80 a fortnight to cover travel expenses. It costs $54 a fortnight to catch the bus.
Jobactive provider says it's not their job to cover the extra, department of employment and education says it is, and gave me the names of the fund, and the reason they have to.
Now my Jobactive provider says it will "talk to their manager".
I think I'm going to tell all the other people doing work for the dole about this tomorrow.

Centrelink gives $20.80 a fortnight to cover travel expenses. It costs $54 a fortnight to catch the bus.
Jobactive provider says it's not their job to cover the extra, department of employment and education says it is, and gave me the names of the fund, and the reason they have to.
Now my Jobactive provider says it will "talk to their manager".
I think I'm going to tell all the other people doing work for the dole about this tomorrow.

Yeah friend is in this predicament too. $20.80 wasn't enough when they introduced the fucking thing. It's an entire fortnight when it costs $10+ a DAY. She's doing a 4 day "work" week.

Rizzi

Yeah friend is in this predicament too. $20.80 wasn't enough when they introduced the fucking thing. It's an entire fortnight when it costs $10+ a DAY. She's doing a 4 day "work" week.

Yep that's what I'm doing too. I'm going to tell everyone to complain, because they have to drive there.

MoonGred

So many people on that first page that I've never seen on here before.

That said I'm an idiot who knows the majority of you by avatar, each time Clive changes his I think he's a different person

So many people on that first page that I've never seen on here before.

That said I'm an idiot who knows the majority of you by avatar, each time Clive changes his I think he's a different person

Confusing, isn't it? :)
I usually change it based on what I'm watching. It was Steve Austin for a while because I'm watching The Six Million Dollar Man but now its Horn Solo, leader of the band 'The Falcons' along with Tubacca, Leia Hammond Organa and Duke Skywalker.

tumblr_nu3lp5HxNl1usnr9to2_540.jpg
tumblr_nu3lp5HxNl1usnr9to4_400.jpg

mgs5 is getting interesting. i still cant play it for more than a few hours at a time though

yeah, I just did a mission (7 or 8)
where you have to destroy three tanks. I tried several times to get them with a mortar or C4 but two of them got away so I chased on foot. After a few miles, I found an armoured personal carrier with a rack of missles on top and just chased them till I blammoed them
. That said, I have heard some stuff about the latter part of the game
-chapter 2-
that might induce me to quit and move on to something else, maybe Lego Dimensions.

where you have to destroy three tanks. I tried several times to get them with a mortar or C4 but two of them got away so I chased on foot. After a few miles, I found an armoured personal carrier with a rack of missles on top and just chased them till I blammoed them
-chapter 2-
that might induce me to quit and move on to something else, maybe Lego Dimensions.

I used C4 and after manipulating my staff, developed the missiles and used those to mop up the rest.
Game is fun, stealthing is fun in MGS5 unlike the earlier games. That said its probably cos im bad at the controls

Yrael

I remember people through a mixture of both avatars and names...mostly avatars I guess, but there are some users (not even necessarily prolific posters) who stick out in my mind for whatever reason, and I always recognise them even when they change their avatars.

hamchan

-chapter 2-

For the later stuff, turns out you can just keep doing side-ops instead of the repeat stuff and you can advance the story that way.

N0VAM0D

All the talk about this AusGAF being kinda slow reminded me that I haven't posted in here for like 2 weeks or something! I'm always following the conversation, but I always feel like whatever I'm gonna post is sort of useless anyway so I don't bother, plus, the conversation has usually moved on by then, too!

I don't know if anyone cares, but the restaurant I work at was awarded 2 Good Food Hats again! So I'm feeling super proud, and I'm motivated to keep working hard.

MoonGred

Confusing, isn't it? :)
I usually change it based on what I'm watching. It was Steve Austin for a while because I'm watching The Six Million Dollar Man but now its Horn Solo, leader of the band 'The Falcons' along with Tubacca, Leia Hammond Organa and Duke Skywalker.

Sounds far-fetched enough to be star wars canon.

Darren870

All the talk about this AusGAF being kinda slow reminded me that I haven't posted in here for like 2 weeks or something! I'm always following the conversation, but I always feel like whatever I'm gonna post is sort of useless anyway so I don't bother, plus, the conversation has usually moved on by then, too!

I don't know if anyone cares, but the restaurant I work at was awarded 2 Good Food Hats again! So I'm feeling super proud, and I'm motivated to keep working hard.

What's the restaurant? Love me some good food!

Shaneus

target games clearance:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/210393

2ds $99 with pokemon
3ds $110
xbox1 $299
etc
Wow. Anyone know if NFS Rivals is any good? I have it on PC and didn't really grab me, but if it runs a little more consistently on PS4, I might grab it for $14.

And a One for $299? I wonder how much my staff discount would get off that. I can't afford it, but man... that's a good deal! Hope I can find one. Might even have to buy it, stash it at my desk to hide it from the missus ;)

I tried to like Rivals Shaneus but nope. Was pretty aimless. Much more keen on the reboot this year, even if I'll wait until they turn off the always-online requirement.

Wow, amazing deals. I'll have to tell a friend about that 3ds price, as he's been looking for a cheap one.

Keep in mind it's the OG pink one, in-store stock only. Get them to check their local today ahead of the clearance tomorrow.

Very possible to find 2DS stock though!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Pretty sure 95% of what's posted here is sort of useless anyway.

Yrael

I tried to like Rivals Shaneus but nope. Was pretty aimless. Much more keen on the reboot this year, even if I'll wait until they turn off the always-online requirement.

Keep in mind it's the OG pink one, in-store stock only. Get them to check their local today ahead of the clearance tomorrow.

Very possible to find 2DS stock though!

I don't think he'd mind about it being pink, but will let him know. :)

Wow. Anyone know if NFS Rivals is any good? I have it on PC and didn't really grab me, but if it runs a little more consistently on PS4, I might grab it for $14.

And a One for $299? I wonder how much my staff discount would get off that. I can't afford it, but man... that's a good deal! Hope I can find one. Might even have to buy it, stash it at my desk to hide it from the missus ;)

You sound like the Target Audience for this (pun intended)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/4/926...journey#ooid=5hcThkdzoN1FWoEMaWB3off7weC_WL1n

also, I bought Sphero BB8 today. Shit's awesome.

Shaneus

Awesome, gladly give it a miss then. Do still have it on PC (bought it on something like the Russian or Polish Origin store for a fiver), so if I ever get the hankering, it's there.

Guess why I'm eyeballing one :(

Is it worth the $250 price tag? It looks amazing, if not a bit small.

Depends on whether you think $250 would create a big hole in your budget or not. I am apparently very rich and don't need to work
, not.

it's a really nice product, the app is great and the cat loves it. I was looking to get one of the other Sphero things for a while as a way to confound the cat so this was good timing. It's also the only TFA thing I'm probably going to buy outside of the OST and the movie itself.

Depends on whether you feel you need positive distractions. I'm sure there will be cheap knockoffs soon enough.

dunno about win, iOS app is pretty cool, records holograms of you and overlays your image over BB8 (as in augmented reality gimmick through the phone)

I guess the Xmas gimmick gift of the year has arrived going by the mainstream reaction

2013 - GoPro
2014 - FitBit
2015 - BB8

I gotta get ahead of the trend and work out what next years will be >.>

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Radelaide Gaf
September 13th
2pm
The Elephant

Attendees:
Holycheck/Syth_Blade22
Jambo
Lucian Cat
Bradrock/Aniseed
DeadMeadow88/First Course of the Shell Cup
Vormund
Stobie poles
Parmies

Non Attendees:
Parmas,
"Dan-sing"
Frawdder

Maybes:
Dryk (Note, Dryk has confirmed that he is a maybe)
Mr. Tone

Probablys:
Dead Man

Acknowledged the topic but didn't even give an answer:

Who else is radelaide and why haven't you replied?

Toastytoast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom