• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
episode 11 of the genius is out and it's a cracker

Subo looks pretty great, will have to go at some point
I don't think I can convince my cheap uni friends to go. $85 bucks is reasonable but not to them haha
If I had a gf I'd take her there :'( lol

i can't remember the first ausgaf thread i joined but i'm sure it wasn't 1 or 2 was it?

why i have so many posts here

I also thought I didn't post in the first one but I did apparently
time flies

That moment when you read the surf report AFTER you get back from the beach...

Well fuck me. I should have known, no wonder I was the only dumb prick out there...

coulda ended a lot worse shiiiit

Grassy

Did you actually end up surfing though?

The surf was rubbish but I went out for about 5 minutes or so, then came back in because I felt sketchy being out there by myself. There's been something like six attacks around here in the last 6 months or so, a fatality by a great white in February, and another guy got severely mauled in July(Mick Fanning donated the money from his 60 Minutes interview to him).
I'm not that worried about sharks usually, and I've been in the ocean a thousand times, but the attacks have been really close together and they're happening like 5-10 metres from shore by big sharks...

Ahhh just found out they've been doing a "bait and tag" operation up here the last two weeks, tagging all the great whites in the area. Plus the whales and bait fish that are around, yeah I think I'll stay out of the water for a while.

Sure, i'm game. (i assume it's the 2015 one?)

Yep the one with Gerald Butler. Sent you a pm.

37S9FTt.jpg

The surf was rubbish but I went out for about 5 minutes or so, then came back in because I felt sketchy being out there by myself. There's been something like six attacks around here in the last 6 months or so, a fatality by a great white in February, and another guy got severely mauled in July(Mick Fanning donated the money from his 60 Minutes interview to him).
I'm not that worried about sharks usually, and I've been in the ocean a thousand times, but the attacks have been really close together and they're happening like 5-10 metres from shore by big sharks...

Ahhh just found out they've been doing a "bait and tag" operation up here the last two weeks, tagging all the great whites in the area. Plus the whales and bait fish that are around, yeah I think I'll stay out of the water for a while.

Ah bummer about the surf. Yea empty beaches can be so eerie but also awesome at times to have to yourselves. Yea been hearing about the shark problems hopefully they move on quickly.

The government is also supposed to discuss the issue in October. Though who knows if anything of substance will happen.

Bernbaum

The office here in Texas has a big fuck-off Dr Pepper vending machine on every floor.

The cans of Dr Pepper and other soft-drinks are all free.

FREE.

Shaneus

So I had a look for those 20th Anniversary PS4 controllers.

$100.

Fuck that noise. When the Steam controller is going for just above half that... jesus.

We have a Junior Digital Project Manager job going here at work, for some reason they left off my requirement that all applicants have a 3DS and Street Pass puzzle pieces I don't have yet.
Can I work from VIC? Ain't going nowhere near QLD sorry! ;)

So I had a look for those 20th Anniversary PS4 controllers.

$100.

Fuck that noise. When the Steam controller is going for just above half that... jesus.
Wait Steam controller is going to be around $50 here? Holy shit!

Also where is the DS4 $100? I'm half tempted to grab one around the $70 mark once they hit.

Kfc zinger chips are quite disappointing.

What are they, putting spices on the chips like they do at Nandos or something?

HowZatOZ

Banned
I really hate how low our currency is right now. Looking to grab Mad Max and MGSV but the prices are ridiculous, even on the cheaper CD key websites. An extra $20ish on top of the US price just sucks all the fun out of gaming.

Darren870

Seems they opened an arcade bar on Smith Street in Melbourne called Pixel Alley.

It's probably been there for a while but I've never noticed it. Which is odd since I've gone to the bar that used to be there a couple of times.

Anyone ever been? Beer prices say 8/20. I Hope that's scooner and jug prices...

N0VAM0D

I can't wait to see what the rose gold iPhone looks like in person, it's the same colour as a nice sparkling rosé... the pricing for that iPad Pro is a total joke though, sheesh.

Newcastle ≠ Sydney

As someone who has lived in both, this is true.

People holiday to Sydney?

Absolutely disgusting

I go to Sydney every Monday and Tuesday to study, and it makes me miserable tbh (though that may be because I go on my only 2 days off, and because I never really get to do what I want when I'm there which is pretty much just going out for dinner and going to small bars)

Sounds good! I'll be sure to let you know before I actually get up there. Who knows when that will be to be honest, but once its on my list, it usually means I'll make a good effort!

Those type of restaurants are my favorite though, good prices, good tasting menu, and good food. Makes it affordable for those who can't afford the big shots, and will still be able to experience good food.

I do love my food....mmmm

Woo! Yeah, Newcastle is definitely a place to check out. It's becoming a lot more exciting here, too. I moved away for a year, and when I came back, there were so many cool new places open! Come in the summer so you can make the most of the beaches!

We were talking about places to get good food in Newcastle yesterday during our lunch break and nobody could agree on what was good, then someone mentioned Subo and everyone just kind of nodded and said its pretty good there. You guys must be doing something right. :p

This makes me feel so accomplished, ahh!

Shaneus

Streamtroller is 50 US and I don't even think you can preorder it here yet. Who knows what it will be.
Shit, I thought it was that price globally, plus whatever it might cost to ship :(

Can I work from VIC? Ain't going nowhere near QLD sorry! ;)

Wait Steam controller is going to be around $50 here? Holy shit!

Also where is the DS4 $100? I'm half tempted to grab one around the $70 mark once they hit.
Listen to the Mutes, my friend. And the 20th Anniv. DS4 came up as being both at JB and EB. Could be elsewhere, too. I'd love it if somehow a PS4 knew you were using it and unlocked a skin or avatar or something.

Best red Smith's bag

bBEzRkFl.jpg
Oh god, that was crack. I didn't mind the Vegemite ones either.

Danoss

episode 11 of the genius is out and it's a cracker

Finally watched it earlier today.

Goddamn, you're right! The deathmatch had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

No doubt the finale will be brilliant too. At the very least we get to see the return of some favourites, barring any prior commitments getting in the way.

Rizzi

I can't wait to see what the rose gold iPhone looks like in person, it's the same colour as a nice sparkling rosé... the pricing for that iPad Pro is a total joke though, sheesh.

As someone who has lived in both, this is true.

I go to Sydney every Monday and Tuesday to study, and it makes me miserable tbh (though that may be because I go on my only 2 days off, and because I never really get to do what I want when I'm there which is pretty much just going out for dinner and going to small bars)

Woo! Yeah, Newcastle is definitely a place to check out. It's becoming a lot more exciting here, too. I moved away for a year, and when I came back, there were so many cool new places open! Come in the summer so you can make the most of the beaches!

This makes me feel so accomplished, ahh!

At least someone does, I guess. :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shanus,

Ingress was that dope little game you were playing a few years back, right? The location one where you held bases etc.

Regards,
Holy

Dimefan3

Sill on the job hunt sadly. I hate waiting to hear back from people.

The heartbreaking thing is I'm faced with the possibility that I'll have to miss PAX this year. :(

Rizzi

Always useful when the bus you need blows straight past the stop.
Fucking Newcastle bus drivers are literally the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom