• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega!

Code:
[11:08:17] <Orbi> nega chat again
[11:08:18] <Orbi> fuck me
[11:08:28] <jambo|work> ?
[11:08:30] <Orbi> ... no?
[11:08:31] <Orbi> hm
[11:08:32] <Orbi> .restart
[11:08:33] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) Quit (EOF from client)
[11:08:34] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) has joined #AusGAF
[11:08:43] <jambo|work> .steam
[11:08:44] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) Quit (EOF from client)
[11:08:45] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) has joined #AusGAF
[11:08:46] <Orbi> no mega's bot is just awful
[11:08:46] <Banananananana> Jjjj
[11:08:47] <jambo|work> .steam
[11:08:48] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) Quit (EOF from client)
[11:08:49] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) has joined #AusGAF
[11:08:49] <jambo|work> lol
[11:08:55] <jambo|work> shit done broked

it fixed itself. its working now as of 5:33pm with me not doing anything. couldve been steam being slow, gamesurge irc being dumb. couldve been anything but my bot in this case.

so you take that back, orbi!

hidys

Presented without comment.

EqbpQfe.png

HQkcer5.png

Meanwhile

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/pc/xcom-2/727238/

My guess is they set it to $90 without realizing that the price was in USD.

They should probably fix that.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I have a can of sarsparilla in my fridge that I was gifted 3 years ago that I don't want.

First person to get to my fridge gets it

I can't make a thread yet so I might ask in here. I'm going to the US for the first time in November. By myself as well. I'll be landing in LA and going to the east coast but anyone have any general tips I should know?

Fusebox

Banned
I can't make a thread yet so I might ask in here. I'm going to the US for the first time in November. By myself as well. I'll be landing in LA and going to the east coast but anyone have any general tips I should know?

I've been over but wouldn't feel right giving you tips on a forum stuffed with people who actually live there. Search the OT forum for America+Travel and you'll find some good threads I reckon.

Expect to be treated like shit at the airport. Tipping is mandatory.

If you can list where you're going, how long you've got, what your interests are, you'll probably get more specific advice.

Prices shown don't include sales tax, so you'll be paying a little more than the listed price. Not sure if that's a nation wide thing, but that hit me when I was in California a couple of years back.

Fusebox

Banned
That's how much I paid, people keep calling it a cripple pack but I've never noticed any issues.

I was just in EB and someone had returned an unopened MGSV collectors edition so I bought it because I'm a sap.

Anyone want to buy my Day One PS4 edition? DLC codes haven't been redeemed yet, all minty mint. $50.

I got Mario Maker with the Amiibo and the magnet pack too.

The thing is, I think I might be more of a player than creator.

I love making shit in Minecraft, I hate making shit in Disney Infinity and LBP though so I'm basically tossing a coin.

That's how much I paid, people keep calling it a cripple pack but I've never noticed any issues.

I was just in EB and someone had returned an unopened MGSV collectors edition so I bought it because I'm a sap.

Anyone want to buy my Day One PS4 edition? DLC codes haven't been redeemed yet, all minty mint. $50.
Day One you say? Tempting.....

quabba

I got Mario Maker with the Amiibo and the magnet pack too.

I love making shit in Minecraft, I hate making shit in Disney Infinity and LBP though so I'm basically tossing a coin.

I picked up the super Mario maker with amiibo from jbhifi. Getting them to pricematch big w was a pain. usually they just do it but for some reason they had to verify it was $69 and then couldn't find the catalogue online even though I had it open on my phone.

So now I own an amiibo after swearing to never buy one...

I might be tempted by your Mgsv ps4...

trinest

I picked up the super Mario maker with amiibo from jbhifi. Getting them to pricematch big w was a pain. usually they just do it but for some reason they had to verify it was $69 and then couldn't find the catalogue online even though I had it open on my phone.

So now I own an amiibo after swearing to never buy one...

I might be tempted by your Mgsv ps4...

I've always had them need to verify the price.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah my EB at the Galeries don't usually complain but today they vetoed my Big W price match today coz there isn't one nearby.

I told them I'll be moving all my instore pickups to EB Miranda instead and they didn't care.

EB why don't you want my money?!

legend166

I bought it. The $69 one with the amiibo from Big W. My first Amiibo!

The guy said he'd sold 34 already and I got the last one.

I'll boot it up after the Swannies game.

JC Sera

Yeah my EB at the Galeries don't usually complain but today they vetoed my Big W price match today coz there isn't one nearby.

I told them I'll be moving all my instore pickups to EB Miranda instead and they didn't care.

EB why don't you want my money?!
that happened to me with animal crossing new leaf
but the guy felt sorry for me and gave me the discount anyway

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Radelaide Gaf
September 13th
2pm
The Elephant

Attendees:
Holycheck/Syth_Blade22
Jambo
Lucian Cat
Bradrock/Aniseed
DeadMeadow88/First Course of the Shell Cup
Vormund
Stobie poles
Parmies

Non Attendees:
Parmas,
"Dan-sing"
Frawdder

Maybes:
Dryk (Note, Dryk has confirmed that he is a maybe)
Mr. Tone

Probablys:
Dead Man

Acknowledged the topic but didn't even give an answer:

Who else is radelaide and why haven't you replied?

Toastytoast

Final reminder!!! Tomorrow!!

Expect to be treated like shit at the airport. Tipping is mandatory.

If you can list where you're going, how long you've got, what your interests are, you'll probably get more specific advice.

Do they really treat everyone like shit at the airport? I'm going to be in LA for a day or two, Raleigh for a day, a small town an hour outside of Raleigh to meet a friend, and probably Philly for a few days.

Radelaide Gaf
September 13th
2pm
The Elephant

Attendees:
Holycheck/Syth_Blade22
Jambo
Lucian Cat
Bradrock/Aniseed
DeadMeadow88/First Course of the Shell Cup
Vormund
Stobie poles
Parmies

Non Attendees:
Parmas,
"Dan-sing"
Frawdder

Maybes:
Dryk (Note, Dryk has confirmed that he is a maybe)
Mr. Tone

Probablys:
Dead Man

Acknowledged the topic but didn't even give an answer:

Who else is radelaide and why haven't you replied?

Toastytoast

Final reminder!!! Tomorrow!!

I'm in Adelaide... I may drop by.
No promises.

Every time I try and buy something online through the Xbox store it defaults to the US store... and then stops working.
It'll stay in the AU store right up until purchase time... then it fucks me.

Anyone had this before/ know how to get around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom