• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Do I fly to Chicago to see Alexisonfire play twice in one day? The weekend will set me back $800. It's not certain they'll play together again.

senahorse

$4 Saints Row IV, but am I mad to buy the low violence version?

Saints Row IV (aka the real Crackdown 2) is a great game, I don't think you will be missing much with the low violence version, the fantastic game play loop will still be intact. If you can, play with your partner or a friend, such a great co-op experience.

Shaneus

Ingress is so good!

(it's definitely ingress)
It definitely was! But I've stopped playing it again... it just seemed like such a waste of time, and being Enlightened but working/living in clusters of Resistance (and having one or two particularly annoying R players in my home town) there was just never any enjoyment in it for me. Somewhat glad to have given it up (and have the time back!).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What you doing with yourself until Sunday?

Visiting a client today out in Virginia now lol.
Then strathmore for beers all day! Then friends bday tonight
Then show tomorrow! And buying jambo bertie beetles
Then ausgaf sunday
Then zoo/panda sex on Monday.

What a ride

Spinifex

Presented without comment.

EqbpQfe.png

HQkcer5.png

jambo

Mega!

Code:
[11:08:17] <Orbi> nega chat again
[11:08:18] <Orbi> fuck me
[11:08:28] <jambo|work> ?
[11:08:30] <Orbi> ... no?
[11:08:31] <Orbi> hm
[11:08:32] <Orbi> .restart
[11:08:33] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) Quit (EOF from client)
[11:08:34] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) has joined #AusGAF
[11:08:43] <jambo|work> .steam
[11:08:44] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) Quit (EOF from client)
[11:08:45] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) has joined #AusGAF
[11:08:46] <Orbi> no mega's bot is just awful
[11:08:46] <Banananananana> Jjjj
[11:08:47] <jambo|work> .steam
[11:08:48] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) Quit (EOF from client)
[11:08:49] * I (~choc2@e429ca59.d9b5856.379640b5.IP4) has joined #AusGAF
[11:08:49] <jambo|work> lol
[11:08:55] <jambo|work> shit done broked

ramyeon

Wasn't too sure where to ask this but thought I'd post here. Looking to sell my New 3DS, Charging Dock, SD Card and a collection of 34 games (Mix of both physical and digital - would have to give away my NNID). What would be a fair price for this? I was thinking around $600-700 considering the size of the collection and the condition it's all in but would that be aiming a bit too high? Have posted on Gumtree for the time being so I'll see what kind of response I get.

Yrael

I was given a Bertie Beetle showbag last weekend. What a blast of nostalgia that was.

Do they still taste the same? It's been ages since I last had a Bertie Beetle, and I've heard that the recipe changed a few years ago (no idea how true that is).

Wasn't too sure where to ask this but thought I'd post here. Looking to sell my New 3DS, Charging Dock, SD Card and a collection of 34 games (Mix of both physical and digital - would have to give away my NNID). What would be a fair price for this? I was thinking around $600-700 considering the size of the collection and the condition it's all in but would that be aiming a bit too high? Have posted on Gumtree for the time being so I'll see what kind of response I get.

Hmmm...kind of depends on the games too. A good price for the second hand n3DS is $150, and then if you assume that the games are worth $15 each, that's $150 + 34*$15 = $660, so your price seems fair to me without knowing more.

N0VAM0D

It definitely was! But I've stopped playing it again... it just seemed like such a waste of time, and being Enlightened but working/living in clusters of Resistance (and having one or two particularly annoying R players in my home town) there was just never any enjoyment in it for me. Somewhat glad to have given it up (and have the time back!).

I understand that feeling pretty well, I was so addicted to it for a few weeks, and had a hell of a lot of fun with it (had a good friend playing it with me) then it just got heaps frustrating because of all the Resistance heathens in my town. Unless you're level 8 or something (which takes FOREVER to get to), the game is really time consuming and tough. Plus, it drains your battery insanely fast.

I still open the app up sometimes, but I think it'll be some time before I really start playing again.

I was given a Bertie Beetle showbag last weekend. What a blast of nostalgia that was.

ohhhh man, I could go for one of those right now.

ramyeon

Hmmm...kind of depends on the games too. A good price for the second hand n3DS is $150, and then if you assume that the games are worth $15 each, that's $150 + 34*$15 = $660, so your price seems fair to me without knowing more.
True, the games are pretty decent. A few duds but mostly good ones haha.

The physical ones are:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Luigi's Mansion 2
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Starfox 3D
Etrian Odyssey IV
Tales of the Abyss
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
Pokemon Y
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Fire Emblem Awakening

Digital copies are:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Fantasy Life
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Bravely Default
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Project X Zone
Shovel Knight

Darren870

Jetstar is doing a sale at the moment, wound up getting flights to Cairns in Feb for a long weekend.

Then looking to go to Myanmar during Xmas and Philippines in June.

Need more holiday time...and money

Yrael

True, the games are pretty decent. A few duds but mostly good ones haha.

The physical ones are:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Luigi's Mansion 2
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Starfox 3D
Etrian Odyssey IV
Tales of the Abyss
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
Pokemon Y
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Fire Emblem Awakening

Digital copies are:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Fantasy Life
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Bravely Default
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Project X Zone
Shovel Knight

That's a really nice collection! :)

ramyeon

That's a really nice collection! :)
Yeah, it's such a bummer to have to part ways with it :( between the new iPhone coming out and trying to fund a move down to Sydney in the next few weeks I just need the money too bad. Hopefully someone bites at $700!

Shaneus

I understand that feeling pretty well, I was so addicted to it for a few weeks, and had a hell of a lot of fun with it (had a good friend playing it with me) then it just got heaps frustrating because of all the Resistance heathens in my town. Unless you're level 8 or something (which takes FOREVER to get to), the game is really time consuming and tough. Plus, it drains your battery insanely fast.

I still open the app up sometimes, but I think it'll be some time before I really start playing again.
Oh, you're E? That makes it okay then :) I may have even appeared sometime last year in Newcastle on a few portals when I was there for a pinball thing. They need to make it less about teams (or have more than just two teams) to balance it out. Got stacks of exercise, but yeah... spent more time being frustrated than having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom