• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I try and buy something online through the Xbox store it defaults to the US store... and then stops working.
It'll stay in the AU store right up until purchase time... then it fucks me.

Anyone had this before/ know how to get around this?

You got a smart DNS setup? Router is at stock settings?

I'm doing it from work... it's a public hospital.
I really doubt they've got anything more than the bare minimum.

If I was at home I'd just do it through the xbox.

Not sure, if the storepage defaults to the US store rather than the UK one there could indeed be something weird going on with the network.

Do they really treat everyone like shit at the airport?
No worse than any other I suppose. I recall LA staff being uppity last time I flew through there, and I've never heard anyone ever say anything good about the TSA. But I hate airports and the whole security theatre that goes with them, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

r1chard

Also haven't had an issue with Netflix, though last night we watched Edge of Tomorrow rented on YouTube, so if there were problems with Netflix last night I wasn't using it...

Fusebox

Banned
Here's my Phantom Pain Day One for sale. It's been opened briefly but the disc hasn't been taken out of the case and none of the DLC has been used.

UZ_bYs3uukYiTyVUPrnXNNn3y7OzPkbBoBcl8Gj45QFvnqBUGrDhan_cxVhdsI_nLIBswEtLaHD2s1YFShyjZQeeEYVWsqYrK3tk-a1lIgY86WGT9Cs-kT_buXepMpy9s7UvZDOFo_l_GpudKfY-CLHSrrSwzYxb1qMC5gKHRZ3P20iH1Mx1zN_gIAjv2rkOz9BltNA-NczDbjUkyRgBcvHRJ9aTpQHFokaNNHGF3u3id0bSlfPEBZZxdajS6jvORxQzCbYZrzRveg0Fxfnbzk5IH1Vz4-WepWF3Xae61H6c8h28S2sPlqBCUcX99WbKNY_xlyK-epy0pEJz-knxuygEp8HJMps-ioU4t7avtcIb9hw656bW-NIs1kre5ErSAygkfIKajzJwDJa7AyYbvOqnd3eU6rWuTHMEOgphUBARiyC7VAul4nTntnQI_Rvl6ZIfrRyfoS_i04pW_RIpfXc1lpdipPkHkLSfzsO7CPghWRBVHu1zERiOHGv1RH6jL5Npd4jp8en7sb_I8cC1AYoGp4yrTRydN426h37Tvh4=w960-h1280-no

$50

I also have a Little Mac Amiibo in its packaging for $15 if anyone needs him.

Tried out Netflix last night. Couldn't get it to run HD, apparently due to "congestion".

Netflix can fuck right off

Who told you it was congestion? Never got an error message saying that before.

We can stream Netflix way high resolution than even Youtube. It's more reliable than even locally streamed Plex a lot of the time lol.

What's your down/up speeds?

r1chard

Finally reached a point (602 hours) where I feel like I've played KSP enough. Played some RimWorld this morning and there's so much cool new stuff in it since the last time I played it \o/

Just finished putting the pieces together for this Minmus base, was this week's project:
1FB3CAEDFA9F2A04509457565B52C6075D6F24C2

Abbey's decided she's had enough of Minecraft for a while, so has installed a bunch of my Steam library too. Tried out Sentris ("too hard") and Gravity Ghost ("the awesomest game ever") this morning so far.

Oh, the forum's doing sensible things with images now? No more quoting required? \o/

Rizzi

I'm trying to remember the last time I sat down and played a game on my xbox one for more than ten minutes. I'm really not sure why I've still got it.

jambo

We're not going to be able to make it to RadGAF today.

Jack has been really unsettled the last few days, we've hardly slept and unless you walk him around Jack will cry or scream x_x

Everyone can split the Bertie Beetles.

quabba

Any ausgaf making Mario levels?

I made a level, could probably smooth it out a bit more but I was surprised I could even make something kinda fun. Tried to have multiple paths and a few options to deal with the enemies.

Koopa Kick Cavern
BA03-0000-0029-E0E6

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Tried out Netflix last night. Couldn't get it to run HD, apparently due to "congestion".

Netflix can fuck right off

My landlord hasn't paid the internet bill so I've been throttled to dialup speeds.

It's a great sign when things like these happen.

Kritz

Banned
The 48 hour gamejam, TasJam, wrapped up tonight. I made a really game about amassing a cult that lynches people, and then at the end a giant purple capsule summons them to the sky.

NfQrZ2Q.gif

20INfnD.gif

I don't know

r1chard

The 48 hour gamejam, TasJam, wrapped up tonight. I made a really game about amassing a cult that lynches people, and then at the end a giant purple capsule summons them to the sky.
Inspired! Can't wait for the Kickstarter :)

Playing RimWorld again, boy it's challenging now, even on the kinda middle of the road difficulty setting. It took me a while to remember how some things worked, and to figure out how some of the new things work. He's kinda wandered off from UI consistency, sadly. I hope he brings it back.Still, lots of fun and the level of investment from me as a player is still very high (it's just shy of 10:30 where the hell did my evening go?)

N0VAM0D

NfQrZ2Q.gif

20INfnD.gif

I don't know

I can't stop laughing at that second gif, oh man

it's reminding me of that gif where pooh bear floats to the sky and I can't handle it

senahorse

It's two weeks late but my gf presented me with this fantastic birthday cake yesterday. It has a chocolate brownie base, a layer of cheesecake and then covered in peanut butter frosting. So delicious :D

RYj4GaTCbaXuqCKPkz-XNLBSV_qZNSeCqmRdC56NzIwNpNTl6xjNh5J7nYJzdtpGrvg7w4_MuUt1JNH66UGob-zNqf7VDImO_rQTDxugZZPZZcqBKyue7lS9TvuY5gTa007uWaQ1HRmzhbV7m0jHI0smOan7SZKVqWfHNoJOU7ZAy-vaOjKq7pJ_MOHGrcPPziicTm6Mq_dGTFu6O0rp-7JeUSQxER26YgYnsoCuHMzs_ERtgBryZQ2mFCbEW_kibtNjGikzQPhXHZkhPmcdSbUhmxhlJMo-LtobcYPt2zlEi4zNvG-LS3Dz9Br4altgQ6NA5YOjD4kda6R0sjBBhUnSxVNZVqs0Uex9Dadm9VNIUsQJxh8XaBkstlQbUR5B_IRHde-9o2KtNL31Qn-K0nn56NZBYSJnIhVcTfVuIAP7_U9rUoPcR0IQYIUHwwmR6bioMNSuXNWsRx4RVUieyscS-p3yc93Hmd9Z0I9EeA0lP1E1rJu-5CdDLh7YnZ3XLDyfgqA3wDua9Cn6R0GhSZyX-D-r1h64HOtgk3TsUaE=w1723-h970-no

NfQrZ2Q.gif

20INfnD.gif

I don't know

Haha, good work man, host it on your site so I can play.

I love it when you're applying for jobs and you spend the time to put together a perfectly tailored cover letter, but then the Apply Now link takes you to the company's terrible website to fill out all the information that's already in your CV out again in excruciating detail.

It's also delightful when the terrible website's upload and registration features consistently fail at the last step, losing you all your progress.

It's great.

Shaneus

Shit. Our very own Rlan and I suspect many others have been laid off from Halfbrick. Best of luck finding a new home, guys (and girls) :(

Deeku

I love it when you're applying for jobs and you spend the time to put together a perfectly tailored cover letter, but then the Apply Now link takes you to the company's terrible website to fill out all the information that's already in your CV out again in excruciating detail.

It's also delightful when the terrible website's upload and registration features consistently fail at the last step, losing you all your progress.

It's great.
i just hate taleo and co. the 3rd party sites that just let you click apply and boom your cv is sent are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom