• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

I still have a shrink wrapped copy of The Saboteur. My video card is AMD at the moment, so I don't think it would run. They didn't ever fix that did they?

jambo

lol, I remember posting on AusGAF about how great that game was back in 2009 and sharing the love with someone here... might have been Choc actually.

I actually randomly found The Saboteur on the Giant Bomb wiki a few weeks ago, and was planning on checking it out at some point.

I think when it first came out I didn't realise it was an open world game and after seeing some average review scores I gave it a miss.

I still have a shrink wrapped copy of The Saboteur. My video card is AMD at the moment, so I don't think it would run. They didn't ever fix that did they?

I'm pretty sure they fixed that but can't be certain.

I had it on 360 but I'm looking forward to playing through again on PC, my Nvidia card is only a few years old so I assume I will be able to run it.

Also interested to see if I need to pay any extra for boobs.

Hi AusGAF people! Hope all is well.

Just popped in to say that The Saboteur is on sale for $2.99 on the Origin store! If you like fun you should buy that game and then play it.
Game is awesome. Underrated as fuck. Sucks EA shut Pandemic down before it even came out :(

Tempted to pick up destiny TTK today. They've fixed the grinding right?

Kindaaaaaaa maybe. What do you mean by grind? They made levelling up to 34 super quick now. Just regular XP, no more light bullshit.

Quicker and easier to level up everything in general it feels. Running strikes is still the quickest way I expect.

Shame it's so fucking expensive. If it was $60 I'd jump back in. At $80 I'm pretty eh on the idea.

Stackboy

Kindaaaaaaa maybe. What do you mean by grind? They made levelling up to 34 super quick now. Just regular XP, no more light bullshit.

Quicker and easier to level up everything in general it feels. Running strikes is still the quickest way I expect.

Shame it's so fucking expensive. If it was $60 I'd jump back in. At $80 I'm pretty eh on the idea.

If you just need TTK upgrade it's $79 on PSN.

MoonGred

Game is awesome. Underrated as fuck. Sucks EA shut Pandemic down before it even came out :(

Don't you back out on me now haha

I got The Saboteur when Origin had some sort of free thing going, or a glitch, I forget.

Anyway, I don't think it was very good at all, got to the
first (?) race section
, and just abandoned it around there. Haven't touched it since. I don't think it was under rated at all, I just think it's average at best.

I got The Saboteur when Origin had some sort of free thing going, or a glitch, I forget.

first (?) race section
, and just abandoned it around there. Haven't touched it since. I don't think it was under rated at all, I just think it's average at best.

it has some mid-core jank (it also seems to be missing content towards the end- it wraps up abrubtly) but it was a really fun "create chaos" open-world game- like Red Faction Guerrilla.

first (?) race section

That's like, 3% of the way into the game, it's still basically the tutorial section!

Gets better and better as you go along.

Fredescu

I'm heading off to Costco tomorrow for the first time (it's literally on the opposite end of Brisbane from where I live so it's kind of going to take most of the day. No I know how northsiders feel when they venture to Ikea, which is only 5 minutes away from me)

What should I expect in terms of what they sell?

They have a lot of different lines, with not much variety within those lines, if that makes sense. Like you would go to woolies and be able to choose between a bunch of different brands of pasta source, but Costco will have one brand, and you'll have to buy ten bottles at once.

The quality is generally quite good. Definitely a couple of steps above Aldi in terms of household items. Meat is above average. Fruit/Veg below average. Frozen food above average. $20 Kirkland brand business shirts are awesome. Kirkland paper towls are awesome. $3 Hot dogs at the hot food place are awesome.

My initial impressions of Costco was that it was a distasteful orgy of consumerism, but I quite like the place now.

Shaneus

Hi AusGAF people! Hope all is well.

Just popped in to say that The Saboteur is on sale for $2.99 on the Origin store! If you like fun you should buy that game and then play it.
Buy it, everyone.

It runs fine. Hell, from memory I got it running fine on my 5850/5970 setup without issue, and those cards are old as fuck. I really need to upgrade my GPUs :( I need to find a way to get a GPU with more RAM and similar performance (at least) for super, super cheap. Can anyone recommend any cards, even if they're oldish, that I could get?

Darren870

They have a lot of different lines, with not much variety within those lines, if that makes sense. Like you would go to woolies and be able to choose between a bunch of different brands of pasta source, but Costco will have one brand, and you'll have to buy ten bottles at once.

The quality is generally quite good. Definitely a couple of steps above Aldi in terms of household items. Meat is above average. Fruit/Veg below average. Frozen food above average. $20 Kirkland brand business shirts are awesome. Kirkland paper towls are awesome. $3 Hot dogs at the hot food place are awesome.

My initial impressions of Costco was that it was a distasteful orgy of consumerism, but I quite like the place now.

Yea, its kinda like an Aldi but a better quality and bigger supplies. Just cheap prices. Usually eveything is cheaper at Costco then compared to Wollies or Coles, unless the item is on sale.

I go probably once every 6 weeks and spend around $600-$700 and it lasts me 6 weeks+. I don't buy much fruit and veg there as you can often find it cheaper at farmers markets or even aldi. But sometimes I do. Eg Spinich, Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkins, Garlic. Those are all cheaper, bananas are too usually. But things like Apples, Broccoli, Capsicum etc are more expensive.

In the end I usually get:

Meat - Last time I got 10kg of Lamb for 8.99 a kilo. It was a mix pack.
Roast Chook - $7
Frozen Berries - $8 a kilo
Free Range Eggs - $6.49 for $18
Any household items, toilet paper, soap, body wash, etc are all way cheaper.
Coffee - Even instant stuff like Moccona is is $36 for 2x 400g. One 400g in wollies is like $28.

It can be a bit overwhelming at first, especially if you don't know what to get. But its deff worth it in the end. Unless you always shop on special then you will be saving money.

You def need storage space though for Costco. Also, I think what a bit off putting is the upfront price you pay. But things last forever. I mean I still have the same cling wrap and aluminum foil from over a year ago.

it [The Saboteur] was a really fun "create chaos" open-world game- like Red Faction Guerrilla.
That's probably the best summary. I never liked The Saboteur, but then I hated Red Faction: Guerrilla and got bored of Just Cause 2. If you enjoyed those games you'd probably love The Saboteur.

I miss Pandemic though, I was a massive fan of both Mercenaries games. I really think the second one was criminally underrated.

legend166

Mario Maker is really fun. I'm enjoying creating stages more than I thought I would, although I'm probably not very good at it. I need to work out how to change the timer so I can finish and upload my speed run stage.

JC Sera

I have a wii u
but no income
I want mario maker so bad
I keep watching streams (so far trihex is my favourite)

btw try DAF8-0000-0027-7A46 if you haven't already

Jintor

hey rlan, chin up, hope you stay floatin

if i get lucky enough to have a local costco it's probably gonna be the place for: oats/energy bars, maybe huge chunks of frozen meat, and various other staples. i guess i'll worry about it when I come home tho

Jintor

so not planning on staying in jp forevs?

maybe i'll come back when I can get a proper law talky job or something but from everything i hear the work culture is poison

poiiiisonnnnnnnnn.

that's not counting the language issues and other misc. stuff which irritates me on a day to day basis, like houses having no insulation whatsoever

JC Sera

maybe i'll come back when I can get a proper law talky job or something but from everything i hear the work culture is poison

poiiiisonnnnnnnnn.

that's not counting the language issues and other misc. stuff which irritates me on a day to day basis, like houses having no insulation whatsoever
yeah fuck this standard

alsojust a btw if you work in law, the .law, .attorney, .lawyer, & .legal domains are being released this year, which is pretty cool

jambo

I have a wii u
but no income
I want mario maker so bad
I keep watching streams (so far trihex is my favourite)

btw try DAF8-0000-0027-7A46 if you haven't already

Oh man, it's so damn good.

Wife and I have already put about 20 hours in to it since Saturday monring.

Deeku

man, i was pretty set on getting the ps1 ps4 controller, but now they throw transparent into the mix:/

poiiiisonnnnnnnnn.

but, kotatsus!

yeah, language is the main thing holding me back from giving japan a proper shot. i mean, if i'm gonna get super fluent in another language it should probably be mando anyway:(

N0VAM0D

Really wanna get The Taken King, but I can't play FPS because I get simulator sickness pretty easily. I wonder if I can somehow train myself not to have it as bad so I can join my friends :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom