• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

choodi

Banned
I can only watch so much Super Mario Maker on YouTube. Need a Wii U and this game right now, are there any good deals?

I was in Big W in Brisbane earlier and I'm pretty sure they have the Splatoon bundle for $358. In store only.

I could be wrong, but might be worth calling your local one to check.

Pffftt, forget about meeting up in Melbourne you Melbourne pricks (I'd actually consider moving to melbs) it's all about AusGAF-2016 Japan Meet now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One step closer to decent internet. NBN PCD got installed on the house today.

My connection was installed on Wednesday. After hours of hemming and hawing in the lead-up to my area going live (the date was brought forward by almost three weeks), I ultimately decided on Internode. The free Usenet access, as uncertain as its future is, was just too compelling, especially considering Internode's comprehensive international transit network (I use Tweaknews to fill in the gaps left by Astraweb):

usenetnbn2fzuzg.jpg

tumblr_msfvclsdRP1shp3ogo1_400.gif

(This is still all very exciting, haha.)

For the sake of comparison, here's what I was living with up until the 16th:

4664778471.png

My only gripe, if you can call it that, is that Internode's own Steam CDN is on the relatively slow side (~2.3MBps versus the ~11.5MBps I can get when not using Steam Limiter). I sincerely feel for those who were slated to receive FTTP under Labor but may now have to settle for FTTN.

N0VAM0D

Poim and Nova you're both expected to attend melbourne too. Don't think Japan gives you a pass to not attend.

I live so far away, though!

If it's on Monday the 14th I can potentially have an excuse to visit Melbourne...

We need a Newcastle GAF meetup tbh! There's way more of us than I originally thought! And we actually have some really cool bars to meet up at now!

Jintor

well, i guess i could try and organise something in osaka if you'll all post dates or something. no way i can get to tokyo though, it's like $200 there and back on the shinkansen.

N0VAM0D

The 14th is a Saturday

oh yuck I looked at the 2016 calendar by mistake

well, i guess i could try and organise something in osaka if you'll all post dates or something. no way i can get to tokyo though, it's like $200 there and back on the shinkansen.

$200?! Goddamn, that's expensive. I'll let you know when the date gets closer! Once I get some time off work I'll be able to plan where and when I'll be places.

Yep, expensive stuff. No big deal for overseas visitors who have train passes though!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I got new glasses today! And I am enjoying them and that is all.

They're like blueish eye frames with turtle she'll side.. bits.. the arms.

I FEEL DIFFERENT OK IT'S NICE.

BUT I need a hair cut.

And a nap.

And I don't know why I'm telling ausgaf

N0VAM0D

BUT I need a hair cut.

And a nap.

Nice! What sort of shape are they? Also, just curious, how many pairs do you own? I recently went for an eye check and discovered I have an astigmatism in my left eye and I also have short-sightedness. So, I had to get a pair of glasses! I pick them up on Monday, I'm pretty excited! It's a pretty grey pair.

HolyCheck

Nice! What sort of shape are they? Also, just curious, how many pairs do you own? I recently went for an eye check and discovered I have an astigmatism in my left eye and I also have short-sightedness. So, I had to get a pair of glasses! I pick them up on Monday, I'm pretty excited! It's a pretty grey pair.

Glasses are the coolest.

I don't know they're.. glasses shape.. thicker frame..

I now own 3 pair.
Had a thin pair before.. and now two thickerr frames, one black one blue.

First time getting glasses? I can't imagine what that would be like, had mine since I was little so I don't remember a world where I could see without glasses

HolyCheck

Also, vormund, I'm still keen to buy those tix if you're selling? Can get you some money's at the end of this month?

N0VAM0D

Glasses are the coolest.

I don't know they're.. glasses shape.. thicker frame..

I now own 3 pair.
Had a thin pair before.. and now two thickerr frames, one black one blue.

First time getting glasses? I can't imagine what that would be like, had mine since I was little so I don't remember a world where I could see without glasses

I feel like I'm gonna end up buying heaps because it's like a cool new accessory for me!

Mm, I ended up getting the eye test because I was starting to get frustrated with my vision, and when I was doing the test I sort of realised that I should have had it done so much sooner. You know how they put the lenses on to test which are best for you? I couldn't get over the difference. Couldn't believe I've spent most of my life unknowingly having shitty vision. It also explained a lot of my constant tiredness and headaches. Literally an eye-opening experience.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC a sab user, switch to nzbget already ;)

Haha, I have a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" policy when it comes to software. I still use Winamp! My only gripe with SABnzbd is it auto-pauses encrypted posts and I can't find any way to change this (although it has been about a year since I went hunting for a solution).

r1chard

BUT I need a hair cut.

And a nap.

I got my first glasses last week. No idea if the frames are any good for me because I have no taste but it doesn't matter because they're just reading glasses that probably won't leave my bedside table... but I feel like I'm in the club now. Am I in the club now?

I'm quite proud of the fact I donut meed classes yen. eberywub around me is a 3-eyed fraek but me, I can rype perfectry bell without dooking like a merde.

5 year old's birthday party was a success. Way too much food though. Wife makes these amazing mini-hotdog things that I gorged on. So many presents too! Pick of the day was obvious ;)

camerazoom-201509191408smn.jpg

camerazoom-20150919197wss7.jpg

Haha, I have a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" policy when it comes to software. I still use Winamp! My only gripe with SABnzbd is it auto-pauses encrypted posts and I can't find any way to change this (although it has been about a year since I went hunting for a solution).
Word! I still rock Winamp. Does everything I need.

I take it back, Splatoon is shit.
I think you missed the zeitgeist sorry :(

I should reeeeallly go get my eyes tested sometime soon. Things are more fuzzy than they used to be ;___;

Do it do it do it. It's a fucking insanely huge impact on your life, your quality of life will be insanely better with good vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom