• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

glasses are cool cos you can take dumb pics of yourself adjusting them on your nose with a finger

a7d.gif

N0VAM0D

I should reeeeallly go get my eyes tested sometime soon. Things are more fuzzy than they used to be ;___;

Do it! I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

5 year old's birthday party was a success. Way too much food though. Wife makes these amazing mini-hotdog things that I gorged on. So many presents too! Pick of the day was obvious ;)

That looks so great! I haven't had fairy bread in so long, and now I'm craving it. Damn you, rep!

5 year old's birthday party was a success. Way too much food though. Wife makes these amazing mini-hotdog things that I gorged on. So many presents too! Pick of the day was obvious ;)

camerazoom-201509191408smn.jpg

http://abload.de/img/camerazoom-20150919197wss7.jpg[/MG]

Word! I still rock Winamp. Does everything I need.

I think you missed the zeitgeist sorry :(

Do it do it do it. It's a fucking insanely huge impact on your life, your quality of life will be insanely better with good vision.[/QUOTE]

You monster. Who serves beans, celery and carrots at a kids birthday party. For shame!!!

[spoiler]i now want a hotdog[/spoiler]

I did buy SMB 1-3 on 3DS
(guess where that gets played)
and SMW and SM64 on Wii U. But I still bought Mario Maker despite not loving 2D games that much any more and spending most of the day in Unity's editor.

Mario Maker's shit is tight.

Finished Metal Gear today. as one character says at the end
"Pretentious to the End."
, it kinda felt like it ended rather abruptly. I'm aware there are more levels (like Mario games), but I'm done with it.

r1chard

I've been enjoying the heck out of Reassembly. It took a while to get into, and a couple of the tutorial steps were a little picky, but it's been a bunch of fun for 9 hours so far :)

Apparently there's a modding scene as well...

Bishop89

does anyone here use google opinion rewards?

Have had it for 2 weeks and not a single survey after the initial setup one.

Just want to know if its broken in Aus or im just unlucky.

does anyone here use google opinion rewards?

Have had it for 2 weeks and not a single survey after the initial setup one.

Just want to know if its broken in Aus or im just unlucky.

I get surveys almost every day asking if I've shopped at certain places, make fucking tons a week off it! All my Android apps/games have been through Google survey credit :)

I assume it skims data off my location as well as Inbox information.

Bishop89

I get surveys almost every day asking if I've shopped at certain places, make fucking tons a week off it! All my Android apps/games have been through Google survey credit :)

I assume it skims data off my location as well as Inbox information.

arrgghh!!

Have no idea why im not getting anything.

Just the past 2 days ive visited Noodle Box, Subway, Target, kmart, JB Hi FI, and a bunch of random stores at shopping centres and nothing.

jambo

Make sure you have location tracking turned on for the app.

Also, I've had the app for about a year and have had 3 surveys in the past 2 months. Before that I had heaps, made about $30.

Gazunta

You guys are a treat to read and catch up on. Looking forward to seeing lots of you at PAX!

Feels good to not be working the show this year and I want to spend as much time as possible in the retro area, maybe even enter a high score competition, been ages since I did one of those.
I am only good at like three games and two of them are Street Fighter

Games-wise, been loading up random games in my Steam backlog. For some reason X-Com refuses to install, there's some bug that causes it to fail and some Googling shows lots of people having the same issue and going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(then again maybe I'm better off not having X-Com available on a machine I'm meant to be drawing on)

Oh! Death Ray Manta came out the other day, buy it if you like trippy twin stick shooters that have fish in it, I'm really enjoying it.

McPixel is funny. I liked it.

Went for another round of car shopping over the weekend, fell madly in love with the Mazda 3, will probably buy it. Now the haggling starts, ugh I hate haggling :(

Yeah I'm a huge fan of the Mazda 3.

Wha? How long have you had it for? I had quite a few at first but I hardly get any now.

Had since mid last year. Total earned is over $40 now, $2 so far this month :)

Seems to come in waves. Last 4 were within 5 days, same with the 4 before that. March was huge, had 11! In contrast Feb only had 2 :/

Shaneus

Went for another round of car shopping over the weekend, fell madly in love with the Mazda 3, will probably buy it. Now the haggling starts, ugh I hate haggling :(
You could buy at least three or four really good pinball machines for the same price. Think about it.

Also, they'd be shit for transporting pinball machines. Consider something bigger.

Bigger car than I expected of you but you really can't go wrong with a Mazda 3.

I say this as someone who's still driving the Mazda 3 I bought new in 2005- that's been pretty bulletproof (though still has under 50k on the odometer)

For shits and giggle, you should probably look at a Golf, they're insanely well-priced at the moment, slightly smaller car than a 3 but less ubiquitous. Even better value are the Jettas, basically the previous model Golf with a boot.

even more shits and giggles, Skoda.

as for dealing with dealers, this vid is really, really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5wMmq6-kNc

also, save 400 somewhere long the way and get a Wii U and SMM

Fredescu

I think I want to buy a PS4/XB1 for Lego Dimensions. I mean, maybe the PS3 or Wii U versions will be fine but a bit more power can't hurt can it?

jambo

My previous car was a 96 civic. Maybe you should upgrade to a mazda 3,I hear they're pretty good

Next car will probably be some sort of Subaru wagon thing.

Already have a kid and 2 dogs with another kid in a few more years, so I doubt a Mazda 3 would cut it.

I think I want to buy a PS4/XB1 for Lego Dimensions. I mean, maybe the PS3 or Wii U versions will be fine but a bit more power can't hurt can it?

Odd choice of game to hit next gen for but okay! I'll keep an eye out for PS4 deals, shoulda jumped on the Target deal a month or two ago :(

Fredescu

Next car will probably be some sort of Subaru wagon thing.

Octavia wagon! Although the new Outback is pretty great.

Odd choice of game to hit next gen for but okay! I'll keep an eye out for PS4 deals, shoulda jumped on the Target deal a month or two ago :(

It is, but it's not like there are many family friendly blockbusters these days. I know I've missed a bunch of recent deals, but I didn't really think about Lego Dimensions until yesterday. I really need something to stop him playing Lego City Undercover. It's awesome, but after 200 hours it's starting to burn me out a bit. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Two points I've been thinking about:

Lego City Undercover is spoiling the hell out of my son for other games.

Lego Dimensions is going to be my sons first experience with most of those characters like Simpsons, Dr Who, Scooby Doo, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter. Gonna mess with his head.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Lego city undercover is great.

I need to 100% it, but I swear, some of the final character unlocks and so on I can't bloody work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom