• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeh that's not something I could justify. Especially when I don't mind the glasses.

Danoss, I got glasses cleaner for the first time ever. It's quite good. I'm usually a use the soft cotton shirt lazy kinda guy.

Nova, the real fun comes when you wear your glasses every day all the time. And decide to go for a walk outside without them. Everything warps to normal.. but it doesn't seem real anymore. Its fun.

Also wearing my crazy glasses to work tomorrow. Let's see if anyone notices now.

Does anyone have a spare cs:go ticket for melbs? Evlcookie is keen

Yeah I've been travelling to JBs and EBs hunting second hand vita games and as soon as I got the Queensland outer suburbs I picked up a shitload of rare retail games that would easily sell for double the price on eBay.

I play them first though.

0OoO0

Anyone in Sydney able to get the PSN card from Coles? I've been all over the city and my local area and can't find any store selling it. =/

Dryk

Danoss, I got glasses cleaner for the first time ever. It's quite good. I'm usually a use the soft cotton shirt lazy kinda guy.
Yeah I rarely clean my glasses with a proper cloth. That said there's a few spots of fibreglassing resin stuck to them so they're never actually clean no matter what I do.

JC Sera

Trying to find a new game to play on Steam OMG I wish they had a "don't show me any Early Access games" filter.
if you like earthbound/mother 3/yume nikki or jrpgs, I'd suggest undertale

also just browse the humble bundle shop instead
possible DRM free version + near non-existent early acess

Yrael

Shaneus

Trying to find a new game to play on Steam OMG I wish they had a "don't show me any Early Access games" filter.
ASSAULT ANDROID CACTUS HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED ON STEAM!

But it already, you fucks. Game is rad.

Anyone in Sydney able to get the PSN card from Coles? I've been all over the city and my local area and can't find any store selling it. =/
Same. My local did not have any at all. Hoping the Melb cbd one pulls through for me, lest it has already been ozbargained :(

Shaneus

Wait wait what what?
There was a super-simple exploit found in the stock email program that allows people to create attachments that are directly from the Vita's NAND (as in, the most locked-down part of the console).

This is a list of the Retroarch cores that are currently setup to run (with acceleration and stuff) on the Vita. Just have to wait for the full exploit to be released.
heh

youre living in the past, marge. quit living in the past

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/

currently natively supported on the Vita:

2048_libretro_vita.velf
catsfc_libretro_vita.velf (SNES)
dosbox_libretro_vita.velf (DOSBOX)
fb_alpha_cps1_libretro_vita.velf (CPS1 ARCADE)
fb_alpha_cps2_libretro_vita.velf (CPS2 ARCADE)
fb_alpha_neo_libretro_vita.velf (NEO GEO)
fceumm_libretro_vita.velf (NES/FAMICOM/FDS)
gambatte_libretro_vita.velf (GAME BOY / COLOR)
genesis_plus_gx_libretro_vita.velf (MEGA DRIVE/MASTER SYSTEM/SEGA CD)
handy_libretro_vita.velf (LYNX)
mednafen_ngp_libretro_vita.velf (NEOGEO POCKET)
mednafen_vb_libretro_vita.velf (VIRTUAL BOY)
mednafen_wswan_libretro_vita.velf (WONDERSWAN)
nxengine_libretro_vita.velf (CAVE STORY)
quicknes_libretro_vita.velf (NES)
snes9x_next_libretro_vita.velf (SNES)

no gba core yet though, oddly - but I presume we will have one available within the next few days.
Whatever firmware you're on, just don't update to anything past 3.52. I'll keep people posted in this thread from now on. But what it will likely mean is emulators for the Vita and not it's PSP sandbox, any Vita game on PSTV (yay!), possibly piracy as well (boo :/).

r1chard

Played the demo of The Magic Circle. Gonna get the full game, was really fun and interesting. Will probably give this ARK game a try that some others have been raving about. Cactus isn't really my kinda thing - I moved on from pure shmups a while ago. Also, I don't have twin stick controller for my PC. Did get undertale for my daughter, will watch her play it :)

Gazunta

fb_alpha_cps2_libretro_vita.velf (CPS2 ARCADE)

oh

ps_vita_system.png

my

Street-Fighter-Alpha-2_Screenshot1.jpg

GOD

EWmof.gif
PS VITA
p0QHO.gif

senahorse

There are a few rumours floating around about a 14" Surface pro 4 surfacing (derp) at a MS event on October 6, might be time for an upgrade :)

senahorse

Think about all the extra Rose panels you could fit on screen with 14", you could even devote half the screen for a Presidog anniversary special :)

Played the demo of The Magic Circle. Gonna get the full game, was really fun and interesting. Will probably give this ARK game a try that some others have been raving about. Cactus isn't really my kinda thing - I moved on from pure shmups a while ago. Also, I don't have twin stick controller for my PC. Did get undertale for my daughter, will watch her play it :)

Maybe she might like a game about a Tasmanian Tiger that's on Steam. I hear it's pretty awesome.
http://kotaku.com/five-dangerously-australian-minutes-with-ty-the-tasmani-1732339867

Shaneus

Anyone having any luck finding these PSN cards at Coles? Apparently the DSE ones are valuable too, but I've found those. No PSN tho :/ Tempted to swipe some non-registered ones from somewhere and take them to Coles to buy.

oh

ps_vita_system.png

my

Street-Fighter-Alpha-2_Screenshot1.jpg

GOD

EWmof.gif
PS VITA
p0QHO.gif
I'm still not 100% sure of the capabilities of this exploit, but I'm pretty sure it does allow something like Retroarch to run insanely well. Might be wrong on the pirate stuff.

hamchan

Having two Vitas and leaving one not updated pays off. Totally willing to turn the old one into an emulation machine.

Also have a crappy PSTV somewhere that's not updated.

Darren870

The new Muppet show was pretty, pretty good.

I plan on watching it next week when the missus is away.
She doesn't like the Muppets.

Her childhood must have been horrible.

---

In other news I am very tired today, I should have worked from home and slept in a bit.

Stackboy

My office flooded yesterday, plumbing fault. As a result instead of working on a desktop PC, I had to work on a Windows 8 tablet all day. Super frustrating. Something that would normally take me 30 minutes took me a few hours.

I took the rest of the week off work. Going camping tomorrow. Already feeling good about my decision.

Deeku

post interview bitchin:

i hate interviews!

especially when the person i was supposed to be interviewing with was busy and i get another person who is equally busy but lower rank therefore he's forced to interview when he clearly didn't want to....

:(

Daggoth

Anyone having any luck finding these PSN cards at Coles? Apparently the DSE ones are valuable too, but I've found those. No PSN tho :/ Tempted to swipe some non-registered ones from somewhere and take them to Coles to buy.
Bought $330 worth ... in WA :( thanks rep!

For anyone here: Innaloo had stacks yesterday morning, and Raine Square CBD still has loads as of an hour ago.

true, but dat post bad interview feeling:/
but oh well, it's a long weekend here and i'm gonna buy a wii u and mario maker :D

yes, it's an awesomely fun game.

They were on a different rack here, only had PSN and Netflix cards on it.

Not a fan of Luke Muscat?

nothing against him personally. Without spending more than 15 seconds looking at their demo, I have decided that their game is "not what we're looking for."

Shaneus

They were on a different rack here, only had PSN and Netflix cards on it.
Yeah, I saw racks with Netflix cards on them that didn't have it, and they had Live cards on there too... so figured it would be on them.

I think I'm destined to never get good deals on PSN. I always miss out :(

Gazunta

Holy fucking shit that is seriously the most amazing (and most YOU) business card I have ever seen.

You best be handing them out at PAX coz I fucking want one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom