• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

It's an excellent series, far better than Ken Burns The War (but par with burns The Civil War)

minor point, it wasn't made by the BBC, but by London's weekday commercial channel station Thames

Oh yea, I don't know why I thought it was BBC. Guess I just thought it was for some reason since it usually is BBC. I love the old footage though, it is amazing.
Edited though!

The one advantage that Games With Gold has over PS+ is keeping the games even if you stop your Gold sub.
Is this true? My Gold has lapsed and I'm pretty sure my Assassin's Creed freebie stopped letting me play it. I'll have to try them again to be sure.

Yrael

Took the plunge, now have Xbox Gold for two years. Cool. :)

Is this true? My Gold has lapsed and I'm pretty sure my Assassin's Creed freebie stopped letting me play it. I'll have to try them again to be sure.

I don't think so - at least, not for Xbox One. Xbox 360 Gold subscribers can keep their free games though.

Sorry for the misinformation, I just assumed that they used the same set up as the 360 GwG

There was literally no way to remove the licence automatically from peoples XBL accounts with 360 games which is why they didn't lapse. When designing the X1 XBL system they were able to do all that of course.

jambo

so i'm getting nbn soon

do i need a new router? currently i have this one.

i'm only getting a 25mbps connection if that helps

i no good with computer.

It looks like that one should work, Ethernet port 4 can act as a WAN port, so you'd have your NBN going in to that port.

Having read some reviews and forums though, I'd probably look at getting a new one. Maybe try it and see how it goes for a few days or weeks, but maybe look around at some other options.

bomma_man

It looks like that one should work, Ethernet port 4 can act as a WAN port, so you'd have your NBN going in to that port.

Having read some reviews and forums though, I'd probably look at getting a new one. Maybe try it and see how it goes for a few days or weeks, but maybe look around at some other options.

cool, thanks!

Rezbit

I think my K-Mart has jack and shit last time I looked at games. Might take a look when I can get there though.

So similarly again, if anyone finds a DK or NSMB, hit me up!

Shaneus

$160 plus $5 for postage (I'll send it registered if that works for you). How's that sound?
Maybe? I really only want it for one day but could probably use it for the three. I might get back to you in a bit if that's okay? Not sure I can justify spending that much (even though I know that's the regular cost of it) :(

Do you currently have a 1 day pass? What day. I can take a Saturday pass off your hands.
Nope, none at all. Saturday was the day I'm really only super, super keen on.

Quasar

I actually just bought a Asus RT-AC68U in part because I'll have a NBN hookup in the new year. It was a fraction over $200 which even that is crazy money compared to my normal sub $100 routers (so I did not buy the new $350 tri band vader looking beast). But I did want all gigabit, AC wireless and some VPN support.

jambo

I actually just bought a Asus RT-AC68U in part because I'll have a NBN hookup in the new year. It was a fraction over $200 which even that is crazy money compared to my normal sub $100 routers (so I did not buy the new $350 tri band vader looking beast). But I did want all gigabit, AC wireless and some VPN support.

We have ac wireless, but we're yet to own a device that has ac in it, everything is still g/b/n

Quasar

We have ac wireless, but we're yet to own a device that has ac in it, everything is still g/b/n

I'm starting to accumulate them, of course it may turn out that 5Ghz plays bad in my house.

Seems like at some point the only legacy device will be a PS4 which is stuck on N. Unless I use a bridge.

Maybe? I really only want it for one day but could probably use it for the three. I might get back to you in a bit if that's okay? Not sure I can justify spending that much (even though I know that's the regular cost of it) :(

Nope, none at all. Saturday was the day I'm really only super, super keen on.

I can buy the 3 day and give u my Saturday. Then I'll just pickup a Sunday pass for my mate if that suits you better? Doesnt bother me, just an option.

I was just wondering if someone had set one up. Where's the invites >:|

Or should we make an AusGAF All-Stars?

We should have one! I basically just have an overloaded friends list atm because of destiny. Can you interact and invite easily from the communities on psn?

r1chard

I blame reptile (and a pretty shitty morning)
UVyPJhG.jpg

Vormund

Yep, arrived today.

Ok that makes me feel better. It seems like they were mailed out a lot earlier last year though.

edit: Oh btw I forgot to even mention it on here why I am definitely no longer going to PAX - My wife is having twins. Damn she's getting big already lol.

I was still considering it before when we thought it was just one baby, but now my costs have mostly doubled. eek.

choodi

Banned
I have a couple of 3 day passes to PAX coming which I don't think I'm going to be able to use.

The mate who I was going to go with had to move overseas for work.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll let you know when I get them and if I'm going to be able to use them.

I have a couple of 3 day passes to PAX coming which I don't think I'm going to be able to use.

The mate who I was going to go with had to move overseas for work.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll let you know when I get them and if I'm going to be able to use them.
Will grab one if mate books flights to Melbourne and if Richard sells to Shaneus.

r1chard

Well, fuck. Lego game thoroughly disappointing so far. This will be our THIRD time through the opening, unskippable cutscenes because the goddamn tutorial level keeps bugging out on us and won't let us complete it :( If it doesn't work third time through I'm gonna fucking ragequit and return this shit to the store.

Edit: right, on the third attempt when we went to build the portal the build instructions came up, and when it was built we were prompted to build the batmobile. YAY BUGGY RELEASES.

Hey guys I was in Kmart and saw NSMBU for $30. I noticed that other games were also on sale, but I already had those.

I may have inadvertently taken advantage of a clearance sale before the shelf was picked clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom